Should you bare your stomach if it’s not flat?

Submitted by on May 2, 2007 – 4:01 pm22 Comments

1392167-1.jpg

As the weather starts to heat up, women get their “sexy on” in many ways.

One way is by wearing midriff tops, where your stomach area is bare and for all to see (such as the Baby Phat Printed Butterfly top, pictured above).

What we’d like to know is – should ladies with a larger belly area wear these kind of tops with pride, or should they leave them to their leaner sisters? Basically, is a muffin top ever acceptable?

• BigJoe84 says:

Two words: HELL NO!!!

• Nick says:

nah that shyts disgusting

• NiCOLE says:

F0R THE W0RLD’S SAKE HELL N000000000

• Shade says:

Hell nah, that shit sickens me..

• Ashley J. says:

I dont think that neither female or male should bear there stomach if its not flat. thats just the truth!!!like it or not!!

• desiree says:

personally, i dont think its cute but im not model material myself. I think if you got the confidence, cant nobody tell you anything. Do your thing. Ive seen some straight up Ms Parker looking type chicks sport midriffs and revealing clothing with more swag than i could.

• Sheedah says:

No, no, no.

Some people … must not have mirrors in their house.

Just say no … just (don’t) do it!

• SoJones.com says:

i think people should do what they want to do

you don’t have to be completely flat to show your stomach

just not OVER the sides busting out blahzay blah

• nevaeh says:

I dont think that they should expose

• alecia says:

no that is nasty! Women and Men please DO NOT have the BOOTY DO where your stomach sticks out more than your booty do! SO unlady like!

• Bonny says:

i say du wut cha du…… i mean its nasty n all, but its dey body, dey they own person….. u gotta problem wit dat solve it n get off dey tip cuz it aint u who sportin it so fall bac!!!

• donna says:

I think if your tummy is firm it does not have to be all the way flat as long as its not hanging and jiggling all over the place! but mine would have to be totally perfect to bare it.

• bigz says:

I personally think that women should leave something to the imagination whether her tummy is flat or hanging.

• LOLA says:

I feel like if your comfortable with your body who cares what the rest of the world thinks.we come in all shapes and sizes and believe it or not we all have flaws.learn to luv you for you.

• Keeda says:

I think that if your clothes fit right, it shouldn’t matter if you’re stomach is flat. You just gotta know how to work it.

• certified dyme piece says:

if you feel confident go ahead and show it off. i would prefer for your stomach to be flat or at least somewhat toned. i have a big friend who is solid so it looks ok. if you are flabby please do not show your stomach

• Shanti says:

HAHAHAHA! I bet I know who wrote this blog! YES we should be allowed to wear midriffs! Muffin tops are the new black. Dammit.

• leslie says:

i think wether ur stomach is flat or fat, u should be cautious when wearing midriff tops because when presented in the wrong way it can look skanky. but, sometimes bigger girls can wear the belly shirts and look cute ( like the girl on bring it on 3 she was thick but she looked cute in her lil cheerleading outfit lol)….also the thicker girl in crime mob looked good in the rock yo hip video and her stomach isnt totally flat. i just think if u take care of urself and u got confidence go for it just keep it classy ladies :)

• James says:

The girl in the picture looks good, I don’t think big big girls should show it but the girl pictured above LOOKS DAMN GOOD

• k dogg says:

I personally don’t mind some extra bit of curve as long as its not a big obese like gut with rolls, a little bit of extra belly (curvy) is great, some girls get disappointed about it but I as a guy love it when a girl sits on my lap, put my hands on her belly and can feel how warm and cozy it gets.

• Person says:

• Chretch says:

I think the picture above shows a very sexy, FEMININE belly. Not fat, not skinny. She looks healthy and, hell yes, I enjoy the sight of such a piece of art. Nice tummy, sexy navel… go for it, darlin’!