Home » Silly, Society

Band-Aids for every shade

Submitted by on June 27, 2007 – 9:39 am28 Comments

semi.jpg

We’ve just come across these Band-Aids made specifically for people of color.

The company information reads:

“New Ebon-Aide™ is the adhesive bandage specially designed for people of color.

From the licorice look to mocha, coffee, cinnamon, and honey skin, new Ebon-Aide™ blends with your skin to help conceal as you heal.”

2boxes.jpg

Source: Ebon-Aide

• Clyde Smith says:

Nice find! I could also see those bandages being marketed as for people of all colors.

On a related note, I’m really feeling this blog. It’s a great example of a business blog creating relevant content beyond the boundaries of what you’re selling in order to bring people into your domain.

Very smart approach and great content.

• bosslady says:

Hi Clyde – Boss Lady here from DrJays.com – thanks for the support, much appreciated!

• Donna says:

It’s about time! more stuff just for us. I hate having a big white bandage on my pretty brown skin.

• Steph says:

i think its pretty fuckin gay that u people think u r to good for white bandages

• James says:

LOL ^ I agree with steph

• Marilyn says:

I found these at the dollar store and got some for my boyfriend, who is African American.
    I honestly thought he’d get a good laugh out of the concept.

He was not amused.

• jay says:

lol u gotta be kidding what will these negros think of next lol

• CeeCee says:

no way! i dunno when these came out.. but like 4-5 years ago my lil sis came up with this for a school project where they hadda make their own invention. as for “steph” .. i highly doubt that anyone thinks their too good to wear white bandages, have you ever thought that maybe they’d rather have a bandage that blends in with their skin instead of it stickin out like a sore thumb lookin all goofy. anyways..very nice, prolly need more shades tho..but good start.

• nessa says:

lmao,that blaCk band aide is killin mi, who is gonna use dat…no one is dat dark

• rochelle says:

damnm diz is gunna start shit lol but i think it can b used when ppl dont wanna show the have a boo boo so the baindaid can blend with there skin

its actually pretty smart

lit looks like a perm book for blak ppl
    lol

• Mi64552 says:

There are CLEAR band aids that work for people of ANY shade…this invention is far from “brilliant” to me.

• Tiff. says:

i guess it’s a good idea. i just don’t really see the big deal. i didn’t think it was that serious that you needed band-aids to match your skin color. it’s still notciable and i seems more like sticking out like a sour thumb because people are going to be like okkk you really tried to match your band aid to your skin LOL. but to each it’s own .. i could care less about it though.

• tim says:

its only fair. the normal band aids were made for us anyway. like we can only get cuts and shit but black ppl cant. I always thought it was fucked up. band aids are flesh colored, but they didnt match with black ppl. what is flesh color? flesh comes in different colors, how is caucasian flesh considered flesh colored? black ppl dnt count? it always fucked with me. and some of these other comments embarrass ME. sickening. negroes??? r we stuck in the 18th century?

• kj says:

I agree with Tim. Ignorance knows no bounds.

• Northface says:

Band-aids shouldn’t be made to match skin tone that is hilarious to me, last time I checked I wouldn’t consider that as a fashion statement… that’s funny… a band-aid is made to help heal or cover your injury from germs, who gives a shyt what color it is… I prefer the cartoon ones for my son anyway! The BLACK one is funny!!!

• LaTasha says:

I think this is something that is needed. I am in the Army, and I just got my ears pierced, and we can not wear earrings while in uniform. A band-aid that matched my skin tone would work wonders for me, because I can then cover up the earrings and it wouldn’t be that noticible, unlike the regular peach looking/ pink banedaids.

• Brady says:

Definition: aes·thet·ics or es·thet·ics (ĕs-thĕt’ĭks) Noun
    1. (used with a sing. verb)
    (a)The branch of philosophy that deals with the nature and expression of beauty, as in the fine arts.
    (b)In Kantian philosophy, the branch of metaphysics concerned with the laws of perception.

2.(used with a sing. verb) The study of the psychological responses to beauty and artistic experiences. 3.(used with a sing. or pl. verb) A conception of what is artistically valid or beautiful: minimalist aesthetics. 4.(used with a sing. or pl. verb) An artistically beautiful or pleasing appearance: “They’re looking for quality construction, not aesthetics” (Ron Schram).

AESTHETICS is the branch of philosophy which deals with the nature of art and of artistic judgment. Some of the central questions of aesthetics focus on the beautiful: under what circumstances it may be said to exist, what criteria are to be used to judge the beautiful, and whether or not these criteria apply equally to literature and music.

There are two traditional views concerning what constitutes aesthetic values. The first finds beauty to be objective, that is, inherent in the entity itself. The second position holds that beauty is subjective, in that it depends on the attitude of the observer. Immanuel Kant argued that judgments of taste, as he called aesthetic judgments, rest on feelings, which, though subjective, have universal validity. The instrumental theory of value, an extension of subjectivism, holds that the value of art consists in its capacity to produce an aesthetic experience.

— Kristen L. Zacharias
    (The above information taken from Answers.com)

band-aids have colors, artificial limbs/prosthetics have color, the military have combat fatigues that protect personel by helping them “blend in” depending on combat enviroment. Hope this post helps.