Home » Sounds

Is Kelly Rowland really Beyonce’s sister?

Submitted by on July 11, 2007 – 11:15 am33 Comments

url.jpg

We want to make it clear this blog strives not to contribute to constant Internet celebrity gossip, however something interesting has just struck us and we wanted to share it.

It’s obvious Kelly Rowland views BeyoncĂ©’s dad, Mathew Knowles, as a father figure. She’s mentioned it in countless interviews, and if you know your Destiny’s Child history, it’s been reported Kelly lived with the Knowles family for quite a few years.

Kelly’s new solo album, Ms. Kelly, just landed on our desks and in the liner notes, Kelly repeatedly refers to Mr Knowles as “Dad” and “Father.”

One sentence reads, “Thank you for encouraging me in this project. I couldn’t have done it without you as a manager, but most of all as a father, you’re my hero.”

When thanking her management company Music World, she goes on to say, “Dad, you put together a great team of people.”

Rumors spread (as they always do) years back about Kelly possibly being Mr Knowles’ daughter and therefore BeyoncĂ© and Solange’s half sister. We’d like to know what you think?

Ms. Kelly is on sale now through Music World/Columbia Records.

• Shaq Says says:

Maybe but I can tell you one thing for sure, Ka’Zaam is the greatest rapping genie ever. Don’t believe me? Check these rhymes:

Tall TWISM, afro-centric Asian, half-man half-amazin
    My skill be blazin, six million ways in to die
    Grab this mic like Pryor
    Burn baby burn baby burn, like Andre Rison house on fire
    Follow me forth, follow me back
    Shaq’s Illegal, watch me Get Busy on this track
    Yo I Gets Busy, packs more Speed than K. Reeves
    You best believe, my loot’s stacked up like a RuPaul weave
    Punks jump up to get plastered
    Respect to Wu-Tang and that OL DIRTY BASTARD
    A lot of hoopers, tryin to play ball
    TIM-BER!! They’re all gonna fall cuz
    The world is mine, all mine
    Quick to treat between the line even Ray Charles ain’t that blind
    Pass me a Pepsi, forget that freakish Snapple
    MC talkin head then I will smash him with the alley apple
    Erick Sermon, Redman, Shaq
    Three macks, you look for somethin wack you get smacked
    Boom-pow-ping, da-ping-pat
    Shaq, is back in effect, so how’s that

• bri says:

aren’t they cousins?

• ROC fan says:

that’s what I thought too; cousins.

• aiquarra says:

i coulda sworn that she was adopted by their family and is the knowles cousin from my understanding: but hey who knows all we kno is that she is happy and doin it REAL-BIG! rite now so mad props 2 her that’s ma gurl get cha shine on kelz

• Bigz says:

She kind of does look like Matthew Knowles, but who cares anyway you know celebrities like to keep their business in a closed box. Anyway I still love Kelly do your thing and your song with Eve is banging

• manyfaces says:

i remember an interview along time ago on the radio when there was 4 destiny kids..lol..but I remembered it being said they were cousins

• Z says:

This question is just stupid….they are not related….that means they are not sisters or cousins….kelly has a mother and an alcoholic father

• Starr says:

WOW!!! thats crazy, I guess we will never know unless it comes out of her mouth. And we all know that is not going to happen. But who cares she still doing her thang even though she may have been exiled ha ha ha…. J/K

• Donna says:

I think they are sisters they kind of look alike, Kelly just has a different mother and they are just trying to hold this were the perfect family image together, but thats cool i think they are all great people.

• Donna says:

Oh i forgot to mention Kelly is gorgeous! just like Beyonce

• NB says:

Kelly was adopted into the family when she was younger adn Destiny’s Child was just starting out.

• Mz Muff says:

I always thought that Kelly was Mr Rowlands daughter from another relationship because she favors him and thats what my intuition told me

• Shay says:

nah they are not related if u looked at “Beyonce Revealed” t.v. special (i cant tell u when it will come back on) but anyway it came on a channel station called E! they talk about how her and Kelly met each other…and how she was auditioning for their group gyrls tyme…

• Fashinista says:

That Ka’ Zaam rhyme is so lame ( response to Shaq Says post). That is why some people say Hip-Hop is dead. Because people don’t know real rap when they see it.

• chugg in winter garden!!! says:

men they are sisters because kelly looks like matthew.

• chugg in winter garden!!! says:

o ya kelly do your thing well u marry me

• it could easily be possible….. what’s wrong with that if it is? Least he took care of his child. Would deserve praise not disses if he is the father.

Helped make all his chlidren great

• KAY KAY says:

UMMMM…???? IVE BEEN SAYIN THIS FOR HOW LONG? WHAT FAMILY U KNO GONE OFFER TO TAKE IN THA CHILD OF THEIR NANNY BECAUSE SHE GREW CLOSE TO THEIR DAUGHTER? NOW BECOMIN KELLY’S GAURDIAN AND PROVIDER IN LIFE AND THAT MEANS A WHOLE LOT! THIS IS BEFORE BEYONCE EVER DREAMED OF THA VMA’S OR GRAMMYS SHE LOOK’S LIKE HIM COMPLEXION WISE AND THAT LITTLE NOSE LOL THEIR FAMILY IS VERY SECRETIVE THEIR CAPABLE OF HIDIN SOMETHING SO OBVIOUS FOR SO LONG KELLY ASS STUCK RIGHT BY BEYONCE AND HER DAD OUT OF EVERYBODY SHE AINT GOIN NOWHERE. IF SHE IS HIS CHILD SO WHAT, GOOD LUCK THEY JUST HID IT FOR WHAT?? WAIT WHERE THA F*** IS KELLY’S MOTHER AT??? PAID OFF??? LMAO

• Lady says:

I dont think they are any way related I believe that the Knowles’ family helped out Kelly when she was younger and so if anything Beyonce and Kelly are “play cousins.” They are not actually related but they were around eachother so much and the Knowles’ family helped out Kelly so much that they are the only real thing that she can say is like her family.

• LaToya says:

It is very possible the look alot alike kelly is just brown skinned that’s all….they been sayin this since last year when beyonce’s dad and mom was having probelms….the knowles have been puttin alot of secrets out of eyesight just like beyonce and family isn’t from houston THEY WE’RE BORN IN GADSDEN ALABAMA AND RAISED THERE UNTIL BEYONCE WAS ABOUT 8 YEARS OLD… ASK ANYONE I GADSDEN ALABAMA AND THEY WILL TELL YOU THE TRUTH THE EVEN GOT PICTURES HANGING UP IN THE SCHOOLS SAYING THIS SO YOU KNOW I’M NOT LYING ONE BIT!!!

• Brina says:

ANOTHER DAY SOMETHING NEW TO TALK ABOUT
    …………….KELLY ROWLAD OR KELLY KNOWLES
    I GUESS WE’LL NEVER” KNOW”

• Jay-C says:

Man they cousins. They dont look nothin alike. cmon people

• Stop fuckin gossiping, they are not sisters, just really close friends. Maybe kelly didnt have a father figure and she has a positive role model and has had one ever since she was 10 years old (for u non destinys child fans thats how old she was when her and beyonce became best friends) leave her alone, there is nothing wrong with calling someone father if they treat her like a daughter okay. I said my peace and im done lOL BY BITCHES!!!!!!!

• LB Da DOE BOI says:

WHO CARES MS KELLY IS FINE……….PERIOD NEXT SUBJECT PLEASE

• TRELL says:

They is not cousin or sisters!!!If yall watch The dariy on Destiny childs ,yall will know that they was a big ole group called {something i forgret }but they was on star seacrh and kelly’s mom couldn’t pay for all the stuff the knowles and other parents could , kelly was going to have to quitbut be’yone told her parents and kelly stay wit the knowles for a little bit.
    this trell
    hit me up at http://www.myspace.com/lil_tre_tre

• msgails says:

who cares Kelly is doing her thing and she is good. Why yall ain talk bout this 4 yrs ago so shut the f**k up.

• ToniRaye says:

Kelly and Beyonce are not related. Kelly calls Mathew dad because he’s the only father she knows. Kelly’s biological father was an abusive drunk and her mother left him when Kelly was 7 yrs old. She moved in with the Knowles’ when she was around 10 yrs old after she joined the group. I personally think its sweet the way she calls him dad and how he treats her like she really is his daughter. She didn’t have a father and he took on that roll and filled that void in her life when he really didn’t have to, so big up to Mathew Knowles for that. I mean that really is admirable. He’s blessed her life in such a way that I don’t even think he can fully understand. Kelly’s actually searching for her biological father, hoping to reconnect with him. I hope everything works out for her and I pray she finds what she’s looking for. Big up to Kelly Rowland, she’s really doing her thang! The albums BANGING and she looks AMAZING! She’s a true beauty inside and out and I truly wish her all the best.

• shasha says:

no they r cuzins

• transboi says:

they not related. they play sisters. they say they sisters cuz they knew each other for so long. how gullible are yall

• MissSlim says:

Why can’t anyone easily go look up her birth certificate (Kelendria Trene Rowland)? I wonder too if they are related. Her mother has never been photographed with Kelly. Does she even talk to her mom?

• tuerkei says:

Campaign Whilst,low turn exchange sister so tell also mark challenge room air insurance attack around keep start aid worry afterwards place busy decade impossible finance studio part recognise radio nearly among failure own payment pub her level style proper investigation strongly breath connect minister order perfect cash many expense form sleep fast empty achievement joint wonderful search session undertake speed improvement concerned ignore expensive strongly requirement improvement vital discipline produce idea address scientist catch burn deep immediately bottle beside note behaviour open goal destroy love fast no-one bridge character aim current software positive league floor

• This article is really a good one it assists
    new net users, who are wishing for blogging.

• Quality posts is the crucial to interest the
    viewers to pay a visit the web site, that’s what this web page is providing.