Home » Sounds

Who’s the best producer/rapper?

Submitted by on August 21, 2007 – 3:41 pm27 Comments

281×211.jpg

Swizz Beatz

There are countless numbers of rappers putting out singles and albums these days – but don’t count the producers out just yet.

Take someone like Swizz Beatz, who releases his debut solo album, One Man Band Man, today.

Bronx, New York-born Swizz, who started making hits at the age of 16, is everywhere right now, from his own hits including the current “Money In The Bank” to producing tracks for longtime collaborators like Cassidy (“My Drink And My Two Step”) and Eve, with her single “Tambourine” and upcoming album, Here I Am.

Producers have long been taking their skills to the mic – Kanye West and Diddy are two notable ones – but who do you think is the best to ever do it?

• bless says:

trackmasters.
    nasir jones.

• Deep says:

Dr Dre—Scott Storch—Neptunes

• jay rock says:

dre all day

• Scott says:

gotta go with Dre as well. Eminem is making a name for himself as a producer these days…but where did he learn his producing skills from? Dre.

Hip-hop gossip so raw it hurts.

• Rene4lyfe says:

I would definietly have to go with timberland. Dr Dre, Swiss Beats and track masters while i applaud people like brian cox and the neptunes and scott storch they have been doing it longer than swiss, tim and dre..ya heard!!!!!!!

• i sWeAr I g0 duMb! says:

KANYE WEST ARE YOU SERIOUSLY EVEN ASKING?!??!?!

• Tha 1ne says:

Best Producer: DJ Premiere (Primo)

Best Rapper: Papoose

• Tha 1ne says:

My bad, I just realized it’s the best producer/rapper. Damn, I looked like doof on that one.

Kanye West, hands down.

• ladygc419 says:

Kanye has my vote

• OUT HERE says:

kanye west

• shinck says:

producer/rapper is so stupid. SO stupid. It degrades the rappers who dont do beats.

i think they’re all selfish, getting on the mic and producing.

you either produce or you either rap. you can’t do both.

you can’t be in the nba and the nfl at the same time

KANYE WEST DOESNT DO BEATS!!!!!!!!!!! he samples!!!!!!!!!

so dont even say his name.

Dr dre most of all, is the only person that gets my count but originally it was him and two other guys in the studio.

but dre is dre. come on…as far as new peeps…..um maybe shaq

• good dude says:

Kanye West cuz he makes better beats than swizz beatz, scott storch, diddy, and timberland. The only guys who may be better than him are Dre and the neptunes when it comes to producing. But when it comes to rapping, he’s not only the best rapper among the group, he’s one of the best and versitile lyricist out there.

• fresh.prince says:

Best Rapper: NaS

Best Producer/s: DJ Premier, Kanye West, Timbaland, New Jersey Devil, Scott Storch, Dr.Dre,…

• Sirrye says:

Imma go with Timbaland!

best rapper/producer

• Jik baby says:

kanye toda!!! duh his beats are nice but his flow is killer dre would have to be second and dont forget about David banner

• FLY MIKE says:

DRE DONT WRITE HIS RYHMES SWIZZ AND KAYNE TIMBALAND IS A JOKE!!!! WILL I AM IS OK 2

• mari says:

NO IDEA

• i.d. says:

i truly do hope shinck is joking with his comments about kanye & sampling, then bringing up dr dre as if dre doesn’t sample.

• James says:

How the F__K is KANYE BETTER THAN DRE? One minute people hate Kanye, then they love him, hate him, love him. I’ve seen this pattern since he came into the spotlight. Dre has soooo many years on Kanye and he’s STILL IN IT. Do you think Kanye will be a big name 10+ years from now? HELL no. Dre put out the chronic in 91 or 92, cant remember which, and now he is still doing BIG things. Oh and to Shinck: Why can’t somebody rap and produce? It’s greedy? WTF kinda sh*t is that? It’s not the same as your example of an athlete being in two major sports, of course that can’t happen, it’s not possible due to games, training and etc. But it IS possible to produce and rap, if you’re multi-talented why the hell not?

• mari says:

DAMN JAMEZ DEY AINT TO PUT A WHOLE DAMN ESSAY

• James says:

Hey look, it’s Mari again! Big surprise. You don’t have anything to say except something negative to me? Wow, looks like that everywhere you posted. I can write as long of a comment as I f*cking want to, I had something to say, and I’m going to say it. I’m not your man, b*tch, I don’t listen to your bullsh*t.

• Princess Cam says:

Kanye!

• I HUSTLE THEREFORE I AM says:

Gotta go with ‘Ye and Pharrell comes in atta distant second. Dre is a legend but the question was who is the best producer/rapper that means they have to do both. Dre and Puff got ghostwriters, that’s not rapping it’s reciting.

• Mommy says:

Dr. Dre, The Alchemist and DJ Quik

eKlaviere

Hello ;) Thanks heaps for this indeed!… if anyone else has anything, it would be much appreciated. Great website Super Piano Links http://www.klavier.m256.net Enjoy!