Home » Society, Sounds

Producer Polow Da Don sparks controversy

Submitted by on August 27, 2007 – 11:00 am25 Comments

polow_da_don_1_500.jpg

Polow Da Don calls himself the “King of the White Girls”, but he may be taking his nickname a little too far.

During a recent interview with Allhiphop.com, the Atlanta based producer, responsible for hits like Fergie’s “London Bridge” and Rich Boy’s “Throw Some D’s”, said the following:

AllHipHop.com: “You call yourself the King of the White Girls. Elaborate on that for me?”

Polow Da Don: “Just the King of the White Girls. I ain’t self proclaimed, but I run with it. [Laughs]

“There was a stage in my life where I went crazy with dating white women. I have nothing against black women, but they’re raised differently. White women are raised to respect and serve their men. Black women are taught to question [their men]. Black women look at submission as being weak. White women look at submission as being a woman.

“And anyone who has a problem with this statement is ignorant. Just look at the divine order; it goes man, woman, child.”

Hmm – comments?

• kwaping says:

Yeah, I’m pretty sure that was his whole point. lol

• Wooohah.com says:

I think at this point every MC/Producer/Celeb/ DJ, etc. knows the best way to get any publicity is through creating any type of controversy. Even if we have no idea who this person is….we still love to publish the controversial stuff. Like this 50 Cent and Kanye West dude…who are they? Yet they were all over the news for their “supposed” controversy.

Celebrity goes hood. So raw it hurts.

• James says:

he has a point. women’s place in life is a house wife setting. taking care of the children, keeping up around the house while the man is out making the money, working every day. there’s nothing sexist about that, it makes perfect sense. that’s how my grandparents were, old fashioned, and it works perfectly.

• NevaFlyer says:

This James fellow, according to your own logic, it would work perfectly to let the white people sit around and relax and anyone of color do work. After all, that’s old fashioned and it worked, right? I mean, really, in this day and age, for people like this man to be making such ignorant statements is just foolish. Saying that his ideals are divine order are no better than the old Mormon belief that black people are demons. The fact of the matter is, if he wants to date white girls, that’s cool. But because he isn’t able to get along with black women doesn’t mean there’s something wrong with them. I’m just a teenager, but I figured the idea behind a relationship, was two minds and souls coming together and acting together, in the best interest of both. So, to think that a woman’s place is nowhere but in the home or the kitchen is such a mind-bogglingly sexist comment that I had to make up a word for it. For the folks who decided “TL;DR”, here’s the basic of it. He’s foolish, women can be what they want to be, and should not be restricted by gender-based stereotypes, Polow da Don is not a producer I’m going to support any further, and anyone with an ounce of respect for black women will do the same.

• papasaccbrown says:

Mane!! I love me some pink toes, snowflakes, winter bunnies all day man. He right about how they raised to respect they man. True what he said about the sistas, sad to say,… but i love my queenz. Right now Im exploring that strange P’. U know, that hispanic, spanish, chicano, russian chiccz, england, I just need to know what else out there like my boy,…. YA DIGG! LIKE AUSTIN POWERS, INTERNATIONAL MAN OF MYSTERY. FEELIN’ LIKE I WANT EM’ ALL BRUH. TIRED OF THE SAME OL’ SAME OL’.

• papER sacc brown says:

PINKTOES, SNOWBUNNIES, SNOWFLAKES ALIKE A GOOD WIT ME

• Danitra says:

Yes his perspective may well be validated by his experiences and/or observations in his life however its funny how he forgets to mention one simple glich-the counterpart of that Black woman who is raised to question the Black man is a Black man who is raised not knowing what a man is and deserves to be questioned…think on that
    not enough time to elaborate just read the Willie Lynch files and the Message to the Black Man dont have to agree just know its a part of our history-do something about it dont runaway and avoid us (Black Women) altogether

• Arican says:

[Laughs] Nice really nice but the guy never met a black girl who was raised outside the States… He would see no difference between Black and White
    I am white and I live in Europe I have dated Black, Asian girls etc.
    But the women in the States are different from the rest of the world…
    My previous girl friend from Poland worked in the State and she agrees with me She also said European women have better manner… :)

• Arican says:

Ladies do not forget the first women who were fighting for there rights were the suffragette …

But here comes the question way black man like white women ?
    I know but do you my fair black ladies ?

• Alaina says:

To me this seems very sexist.
    Women are not here to serve you.
    if us, black women question you guys to much. I’m sure there is a reason behind it.
    Women are not born to serve men. we have our own life. You may have been taught that back in the old days but this is the 21 century!

• James says:

The old fashioned way, everybody plays their part. Yeah the women do most of the “serving” but what about the guy who is out busting his ass working hard every day to support the family. Wife takes care of house and kids, man makes money to keep them all in a home. It makes perfect sense, the wife basically works at home, what more could you ask for. Nobody in that situation is being treated unfairly.

• Alaina says:

yes someone is!
    what you are basically saying is all a women can do is cook, clean and take care of the house!
    why doesn’t the men take care of the house, clean, cook and take care of the kids?
    oh wait!
    ” a man is not SUPPOSE to do that. ITS A WOMENS JOB!”
    its all sterotypes

• RSX says:

He speaks the truth. and makes good beats.

• ris K says:

James PAY ATTENTION because you still haven’t caught on to what the more intelligent half society realized years ago. Old ways are just that, old. They do not work because they were deemed unsuccessful by society. Some of these young black men should realize how much of a product todays media, they are. My sisters(literally) and I are respectful young ladies who don’t resort to derogatory language and raised voices to get our points across. We dont have to because we are educated enough to win arguments on sheer merit alone. We were raised by a REAL black man who wasnt afraid of our mothers intllegence. That, young man, is how you create a productive society. It is frightening that men like you raise daughters. It is even more disturbing that men like you have mothers. Black Mothers.

• James says:

the old way that im talking about work just fine. thats how my grandparents were, and they were together until they passed. probably 40 years that way, successfully raised a family and grandchildren. my grandma volunteered at schools now and then but other than that took care of the place, while my grandpa was busting his ass at a lumber mill. its old fashioned, but its a normal simple way to live. all this extravagant sh*t is a bunch of empty wants, none of it will ever make you happy, you will just always have to have the newest, best sh*t that most people don’t have. thats my rant. peace.

• FLY MIKE says:

UMM THIS IS A TOUCHY SUBJECT BUT IF YOU AS A MAN CONTROL A WOMAN OF ANY “COLOR” YOU A “SUCKA” AND POLOW IS A SUCKA I MEAN YOU GOTTA GIVE RESPECT TO GET RESPECT AND HE DOESNT SEE THAT DAMN WHATS UP WITH PEOPLE THESE DAYS I GUESS CUZ HE ON TV AND MAKIN MONEY HE FEELS HE GOTTA BE RESPECTED PLEASE!!! DUDE IS A DUMMY 4REAL!!!

• MARI says:

IF I WUZ HIZ GIRL I PROLLY WOULD HAVE SLAP THA MUTHAFUCCA
    JUZ CUZ BLACK GIRLZ DONT TAKE SH!T DONT MEAN DEY INGNORANT CUZ IF HE WUZ MI MAN HE WOULD HAVE TO RESPECT MI
    SO POLOW DON CAN SUC A DICC N CHOKE

P.S I STILL LUV MI HATTAZ

• Arican says:

To Alaina
    No matter the gender women and men got to show respect in the relations .

Men are not the slaves of women and women are not the slaves of men
    I’m not a sexist but gender roles were OK if there is or was balance in it…

• jay rock says:

i feel u polow these women nowadays want more than they can offer ! what do u bring to the table bitch! u don’t do shit

• i.d. says:

controversy creates cash

• NevaFlyer says:

I firmly believe he needs to be assassinated sometime soon.

• lvlylady says:

He should simply say he likes white women. Originally that king of the white girls” business was about “white girls mad head game”. Then it changed to this nonsense about black women not being submissive. Sounds like he already got checked for the first dumb comment and tried to go another route. We all know how easy it is to blame black women. I haven’t heard any of these “artist” defend black women yet. They will defend themselves though. To all yall cosigning for him, check it out if you missed the original explanation. Fools like Polow will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

• sunshine says:

IM GOING TO KEEP THIS SHORT… would it be cool if i said i only date white men because black men were raised to fukc up? you know what who is this dude? i dont even know, but i smell a SELL OUT. UNCLE TOM BTCH

• Blackguylovinwhite_mixed_n_latinabbw says:

Da polow just keepin it real stop hating people and get ya cake up peace out

• Proud 2 Be A Black Women says:

he is a sellout! NO white women can ever amount 2 a black women.black women have booty and tities and usually personalitiy.puerto ricans 2.white women are weak.thats why white women are often abused!cuz they dont take charge in situations that a women needs to take charge in.they seem to lack confidence most of the time.black women have to fight bak cuz if u dont your man will seem to take charge and boss u around and itll soon turn into abuse.