Home » Sounds, Style

Lil Mama has the final word on lipgloss

Submitted by on October 4, 2007 – 10:01 am20 Comments

lil-mama.jpg

Lil Mama

Lil Mama was recently at the L’Oreal Paris store in Los Angeles, giving fans a preview of her upcoming debut album, Voice of the Young People, and talking about – what else – lip gloss.

“I’ve always loved lip gloss because even if my hair wasn’t done or I was just running around with the boys, if I had lip gloss on, it made me feel a little more feminine,” she tells trade magazine Women Wear Daily.

One of her current favorite lip glosses is L’Oreal’s Tutti Frutti variety.

“It’s hot, hot and hot,” she says of the bright pink hue.

What’s not hot, according to the New York rapper, who’s rumored to be starting a clothing line soon, is lipstick.

“Lipstick is played out,” she insists. “If my mother put on red lipstick, I would tell her to put clear lip gloss on top to give it that sheen, that new look!”

Voice of the Young People is scheduled to drop on October 23 through Jive Records.

• Lol

Lil Mama is The best thing since Jay-Z

she’s doing herself and having fun with it.. being positive.. and not saying nothing totally irrelvant and stupid, with a false thug image to go with it

actually has a lil flow! Do ya thing Lil Mama!

get that money

• woohah says:

I’m sure you are kidding here but it’s a stretch to say Lil Mama is the best thing since Jay-z. Now if you were saying she is the best thing since Soulja Boy or Sean Kingston I would have to agree.

Anyways…props to her. I don’t hate on anyone just because they are succesfull. They are doing their thing while they can.

Where hip-hop and Hollywood collide

• Chaynii says:

she go hard ..that song bump

• James says:

A clothing line?

Is EVERYONE releasing a clothing line now??

Even Nelly’s line flopped, why does everyone think theirs will be successful?

Most clothing lines released by artists don’t go far, I’m sure we all can agree on that. I understand them wanting to do it, I would like to also, but c’mon, really.

• eldye says:

uhh, Nas said hip hop is dead and this is why, its cool for the kids, but lets just keep it at that level

• local-blast says:

i hope its cute >>>LOL

• Yea Lil’ Mama is doing her thing, but she didn’t do the damage that was supposed to be done to that beat.
    ^^^Now THIS is what u do to a beat like that

• Kay says:

Lil mama is aiight, ya’ll hyping shorty up as we did bow wow, and where is he now??? true talented rappers are the ones who can keep their fans attention with any track they put their voice on. I like her, but to me she ain’t the best thing rapping, no orignality, nelly did that nursery rhyme thing and again where is he?? Jay is in a league on his own….he goes in…”Is hip hop dead?” Naw,it’s being watered down…bring back the raw, real and strong stuff

• K says:

That’s cool. Lip gloss was cool cuz it was the 1st song I heard in a long time that actually kept the same theme 4 the whole duration. I don’t kno what mfers be talking about lately… sh*t that don’t make no sense.
    LOL

-K

• James says:

mufugaz waz like POW you know’m sayn? and den me and lil joonie ran aroun da blok and holla back at then da 1 fing and it waz like BRAP BLAT BLAT couzin you dig whut im shuvelin homie

• Dat_Gurl 08 says:

Keep doin ya thang lil mama make sum of dis money

• GettinHood says:

LOL @ woohah! I agree to the highest degree! She had to grow on me. Sorry! Wasn’t feeling it at all but lipgloss is ‘in.’

• chandria says:

LIL MAMA YOU REALLY ARE THE “VOICE OF THE YOUNG” I MEAN WORDS CAN NOT EVEN DESCRIBE HOW GR-8 YOUR MUSIC IS.WHEN LIP GLOSS HIT IT WAS LIKE THERE IS HOPE FOR US YOUNG PEOPLE THAT WANNA DO THE SAME THING.ALL OF YOUR MUSIC IS A INSPIRATION, AND I ENJOY LISTENING TO IT ON A DAILY BASES.I LOVE HOW IT’S SOMETHING NEW AND IT’S STILL FOR THE KIDS.YOUR MUSIC IS SOMETHING TO BUMP TO, WEITHER YOU ARE CHILLING AT HOME WITH YOUR FAMILY OR JUST HANGING OUT WITH YOUR FRIENDS.NOT ONLY WAS LIP GLOSS A HIT, BUT G-SLIDE,I LOVE IT.OH, AND THE WAY THAT YOU DRESS,I JUST CAN’T BELIEVE IT.I REALLY LOVE YOUR CLOTHES, AND I LIKE HOW YOU STILL REMEMBER THAT EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE IN A VIDEO,THAT DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOU HAVE TO DRESS LIKE SOME OF THE GIRLS IN THERE,DEGRADING YOUR BODIES AND SHAKING THIS AND THAT,I LOVE YOUR STYLE,IT’S HIP AND BRAND NEW.I REALLY HOPE THAT YOU COME OUT WITH A CLOTHING LINE,BECAUSE I WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOUR CLOTHES IN THE FUTURE ON SOME OF MY FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS AS THEY ARE WALKING DOWN THE STREET.WELL THIS IS ALL FOR NOW,I HOPE YOU KEEP DOING WHAT YOU DO, AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.
    ALWAYS, MS.CHATTANOOGA,TN

• nicca says:

she can’t rap. period.

• babycakes says:

the song was cute for the moment…over it though

• missy says:

the song was cool niggas need to stop talking crap she doing her thing keep it up lil mama

• kee says:

That song sucked ass.

fuckin lipgloss.

I know I cant rap, but the music i been hearin lately? Im thinkin bout starting a music carrer I can write anything too.

• username says:

damn she ugly.

• B says:

ii LUV LiiL MAMA, ii THiiNK SH3 CAN RAP H3R BUTT 0FF BUT ii THiiNK SH3 iiS JUSZ A 0N3 HiiT W0ND3R, SH3 iiSZ N0T G0iiNG T0 B3 H3R3 F0R TH3 N3XT TW0 Y3RS, YA N03, SH3 iiSN’T 0UT D3R3 0N H3R GRiiND ALL DAY EV3RYDAii, ii CAN ATL3AST SAY THAT DAT AB0UT S0OULJA B0Y, H3 iISZ HUSTLiiN..DATSZ Y H3 iSZ 0N T0P RiiGHT N0W..

• *~QUeen BRE~* says:

STOP HATIN…AND GET YA MIND RITE OF KILL GO KILL YOSELF FOOL!!!!!