Timberland shows old school hip-hop love with new boots

Submitted by on October 24, 2007 – 4:23 pm33 Comments

Hip-hop throwbacks have been the flavor of the month for a minute now, and Timberland are getting in on the action.

The classic bootmakers have released the Dookie Rope 6-inch Premium boots – tribute to 1980′s rappers like Slick Rick who flashed their countless gold dookie chains any chance they could get.

Check ‘em out and let us know what you think?

1837612.jpg

1837428.jpg

• woohah says:

Those are pretty old school right there with the gold laces. I like em though. It’s flashy but with some OG timberland style.

Where hip-hop and Hollywood collide

• Will says:

This is hot n i love dat 80s feel on it…to me its 1 of da best boots timberland ever made…must be expensive but im still g0nna cop it:)

• Tysheema says:

Datz real kewl how dat gold rubber band chain iz da old skool way for hippop

• m2resles says:

NO OFFENSE BUT HAVE PEOPLE RAN OUT OF IDEAS SO NOW THEY LOOKING BACK!!!! AND PEOPLE BORN IN THA 90′S WHEN YOU GET IN YOUR THIRTIES YOU GONNA LOOK BACK TO WHEN YOU WAS YOUNG AND BRING BACK SOME BULLSHIT!!! MAN PEOPLE LETS KEEP THA CLOTHES IN THA PRESENT DAY PLEASE!!!!! NEXT THING YOU GONNA THINK IS HOT IS THA BIKER SHORTS IN NEON COLORS AND PHANNY BAGS AND PEOPLE WILL WEAR AS LONG AS ITS MADE BY COOGI OR ED HARDY!!!!!

• nicca says:

love it

• real1 says:

nice boots, lets bring it back to the realness and dead all this corny rocker look these black kids are trying to pull off, that ish is corny as hell are they trying to attract white girls?

• Shakerra says:

Here, Forreal though i think the haters should go somewheres because them are all that and ain’t nothing comming out of them but good, And if you don’t like them, Well then you took the time out you day to hate on them didn’t you? So you obvioulsy care, Like forreal it only got the best out of you to watse your time on it didn’t?

Anyways these are hittin the spot, So all i gotta tell you is keep em coming because someone appreciating them

• Carla says:

To me2resles: Almost all of fashion today is based on past styles!! Designers look to the 80′s, and 70′s and even as far back as the Rocco Period and the 1800′s. Designers look at past details and make it contemporary. It’s all evolution and builds off each other.

Btw the boots are hot!

• Dumbell says:

DAAAAMN! This shit is hot!!!! Nice boots if you ask me!

• Miss.Jess says:

I like the shoes … If I was a boy, I would get them. I might get them for my little brother …

To the person who made a comment about old school clothes coming back … You have to realize that everything repeats its self. Like A L L of the ” Retro Jordans ” … Clearly all he did was change the colors. I like all of the 80′s fashion … I think that it is cool. I`m tired of seeing jeans too tight for girls && too baggy for boys.

And for the person who said the comment about ” dressing white “, that was off a L O T of random … Just because a black boy or man doesn`t want to wear his pants off his ass doesn`t mean that he is ” dressing white “. I rather have a Jim Jones dressed kinda guy then to have a Soulja Boy dressed kinda guy. Change is G O O D !

• ughhhhhhhhhh

what’s really important about these?

LOL Shoe strings look the same to me LOL

http://www.Sojones.com – Hip hop Clothing Industry Site

• Shannon says:

fashion goes in 10 year cycles.. so chill.. it’s just a fact

• peej says:

THESE is hella wack….timberland used to have some dope shit…not anymore though…smh

• T.O. says:

SO THE LACES ARE GOLD? AND…?

LOL.. I DIDN’T EVEN NOTICE ANYTHING DIFFERENT ABOUT THE SHOES UNTIL I STARTED READING THE COMMENTS!

• GROUNDZERO AKA G ZERO says:

I’M LIKEN DA OLD SKOOL ISH, MUTHAPHUCKAZ NEED 2 RECOGNIZE!!!

• Sasha Simone says:

how can you hate a true classic?
    timberland boots r a must.

• Dennis says:

i really love your products keep onto it and i would really be happy if you could post me one as a christmas present merrychristmas to you and you partners