Home » Society, Style

What do you think about this statement?

Submitted by on November 13, 2007 – 3:03 pm27 Comments

521409689_e8ce7eee4f.jpg

Rick Klotz, founder of Freshjive

In an interview from the last MAGIC fashion tradeshow, Rick Klotz, founder of Freshjive, had this to say about street style:

“As far as chatrooms and listening to [people on the web], I don’t need a fu**ing 17-year-old kid with fu**ing bright kicks and a matching hat telling me what’s cool,” he says.

“Get off the fu**ing computer and stop checking out what’s the latest, greatest thing online. Go live it.”

What are your thoughts on this?

• Will973 says:

FAG!

• Dies says:

real talk

• Thrillogy says:

I dont agree with your statement. Your message is so wack and no one even cares!

• Thrillogy says:

Yeah one more thing your a FAG!

• kee says:

he’s telling the truth, I agree 100%, but since he wants to put himself out there like that…. that picture is a little bit on the gay side.

• TheCruzer1 says:

This is pretty corny, and yeah so is the picture!!! Dumb Ass!!!!

• Shant says:

Agreed. This is what happens when street wear goes mainstream.

• Ace says:

LMAOOOOOOOOO.

• se-se says:

What the hell? :(

• nicca says:

he’s crazy!!! 17 year olds rule the world we GOT STYLE!!

• I HUSTLE THEREFORE I AM says:

I also agree but he has to remember that that 17 year old kid and the majority of the people in his/her demographic (17-30) are the ones copping his clothes.

• James says:

to Thrillogy:

so you speak for everyone now? since you seem to think nobody cares… you, are a true idiot.

• Arican says:

I Agree there are some brain switched off kids who copy anything like idiots. They see something in the TV or on the web and go with it…

But that’s life he would be a poor sucker if such kids would’nt buy his staff.

• kwaping says:

I think his statement’s are generally accurate, but…

1. Lose the F-word, you don’t need it to make your point. It just makes you look bad.
    2. You are alienating a major part of your customers. Bad move! Even if you feel that way, keep it to yourself, if only because it’s good business sense.

• steveo says:

fuck ur clothes because they suck and no one weres that shit any way and u might wanna take a gun and just shoot ur self DOOSHBAG

• yikadee! says:

real mature. verbally attacking 17 yr olds

• real1 says:

READ THISSS, PLEASE STOP WITH ALL THIS TIGHT CLOTHES ROCKER LOOK, I LIVE IN BROOKLYN AND ITS HITTING US TOO NOW, ONLY THE REAL MOTHA F*****S STILL KEEP IT REAL WIT THAT GRIMEY BAGGY GEAR, AND RESPECT IS DUE ALL DAY CUZ THESE BLACK KIDS R TRYNA LOOK LIKE WHITE BOYS AND ITS EMBARRASSING

• real1 says:

AND PS, SB DUNKS R SO UGLY AND IMPORTED T SHIRTS R CORNELIUS

• Cee Cee says:

First of all real1..I don’t think that you can dress like a certain color. I hate when people assume that all black people wear baggy clothes. Especially when that looks ridiculous! I can’t stand guys wearing shirts that look like nightgowns…like Andre 3000 said “make yo momma proud and take that thing 2 sizes down”. Secondly, I think that this Rick guy makes a valid point, but it was kinda rude. I agree with kwaping..he is alienating his customers and there was no reason for him to use the f word. Personally..I am always looking online for what the hottest styles are..especially in other countries and states other than my own (I live in California) but if I don”t like something then I won’t wear it. No matter how “trendy” it is.

• Sasha Simone says:

wow, he just lost a lot of business. those kids r the ones buying his clothing. losing touch with the people who buy the shit, is what makes businesses fail in the long run.

• Thrillogy says:

To James:

Yeah your right about one thing that I do speak out to tell the truth about whats going on in the media. If you have a problem with my comments dont even give me any beef. Yeah so think this fella sells good bussiness. your worng, he’s totally wack and so are you.

• mesh says:

wow! he sure knows how to NOT sell clothing : )

• Magellan says:

Man what he said is true,but you aint posed to tell these little n***as that. Let em buy that $hit mayne, make MONEY of em. C.R.E.A.M.

• Rodrigo Wynn says: