LRG named Young Men’s Brand of the Year

Submitted by on December 11, 2007 – 11:18 am15 Comments

chrisbrownc_wargo_13033731.jpg

LRG co-founder Jonas Bevacqua (right) at this year’s BET Rip The Runway fashion show

According to trade magazine DNR, LRG are 2007′s Young Men’s Brand of the Year.

Founded by Jonas Bevacqua and Robert Wright in 1999, LRG raked in a whopping $175 million in total sales this year, up from $150 million in 2006.

When interviewed by DNR back in 2000, Wright said:

“We are not going to change our philosophy to suit a market. You have to stay true to what you are doing and stay passionate.

“This isn’t just an apparel company, it’s a lifestyle – it’s our lifestyle.”

Do you think LRG deserve the title of Young Men’s Brand of the Year in 2007?

Image: WireImage

• congrats to LRG.
    learn to create your own ‘LRG’

• D says:

if any brand deserves it this year its them.

• Steve Garcia says:

No, I don’t think they deserved that award. Ed Hardy or Affliction deserved to be the winner. Those two brands had a huge year and they completely changed fashion with their rock/skull designs. Wow they got stolen. Urban Fashion to me is dying for example big shirts are dying. It’s all about the muscle fitted tees. Anyway whatever i still support Ed Hardy and Affliction. We all know they should have won.

• Emery Martin says:

I always loved LRG. I’m not suprised that they won and yes I do think they deserved it. Don’t get me wrong Ed Hardy has some nice Tshirts. I think what killed them is their prices. Yes, I know it’s designer. It’s still expensive I own a few Ed hardy shirts and they are very nice and creative. Its only my opinion though.

LRG ftw

• m2resles says:

1ST OFF ED HARDY AND AFFLICTION AINT THAT HOT!!! HOW MANY WAYS CAN YOU PUT A SKULL ON SHIRT ANYWAY!!! AND AFTER A WHILE ITS GETS OLD LRG STAYS PUSHING THA CREATIVE LIMITS WITHOUT OFFENDING ANYONE HAVE THAT AFFLICTION YOU WOULDNT DARE WEAR IN FRONT OF YOUR PARENTS IF YOU HAVE ANY CLASS!!! SO CONGRADS TO LRG HOPEFULLY YOU WILL SEE DNA WIN IT SOME DAY SOON!! WAT UP WILL AND JAMES!!!

• Eric W says:

You people need to understand there is a difference between a clothing brand and just a line of t-shirts. Ed hardy is a nice collection of shirts however it is overpriced and it takes from the culture of the tattoo artist and
    those principles are applied to t-shirts. these days anyone can make a hot design and throw it on a t-shirt. Its not about the actual designers anymore its about what artist and or star is wearing that particular brand and their you have whats hot now. So i say lrg desreves it, they push the creative limits of design therefore never compromising their BRAND for whats hot now.

• Will973 says:

PERSONALLY LRG DESERVES TO WIN ‘CAUSE WE ALL KNOW DAT THEIR CREATIVITY UNLIKE EVERY OTHER BRAND IS LIMITLESS…LRG IS DA SHYT DAT MAKES U FEEL LIKE UR PART OF DA “GROUP”….LIKE Jonas Bevacqua SAID IN DA VIDEO OF DA OFFICIAL WEBSITE, WE DA CONSUMERS BELONG AS MEMBERS 2 L-R-G ( LIFTED RESEARCH GROUP). IF YA HATERS DONT BELIEVE ME ON WAT HE SED TH3N GO 2 DA FUKKIN WEBSITE N CHECK OUT DA INTERVIEW HE HAD WIT CLINTON SPARKS.
    BTW WATS CRACKIN MA NI99A M2RESLES!!!

• Fresh says:

LRG definitely deserves it. THe theme for each season is always different and very creative. It never looks the same, the color schemes are always on point and the designs are creative. LRG is my favorite clothing line. Ed Hardy has gotten boring and not inspiring.
    Congrats to LRG

• tomblade says:

LRG is cool and to be fair deserves the award,but sometimes i look at their clothes and think “What the f**k!”

• Chase Sanders says:

Most definetly they should have won. They are my favorite clothing brand, been rockin wit em for a while now. Before the hype. But yeah they jus always original and fresh. Again Ed Hardy and Affliction and them skulls are just played out I already explained myself in another one of these blogs. The skulls are played out tall tees are played out. I mean its aight ta bang one or two of those shirts here and there but it gets old!. LRG is da best hands down.

• Mrs Capel says:

LRG deserved to win. My husband loves their clothing. It’s not so expensive like alot of the brands but it’s still good quality. We support them, so good to see them getting the attention they deserve. Keep doing what you’re doing! And I want to say bless everyone and please give your lives to GOD. It’s the best possible thing you could do. Thru him all things are possible. The devil’s greatest trick was fooling people into believing he doesn’t exist. And if u believe he exists but u still live like he doesn’t….then its then same difference. Please accept him as your lord and savior. Love you all!!

• Magellan says:

Ed Hardy is wack!

• mO says:

I think LRG is def. tha shit and im glad they won. I rock all of there shit but in MY opinion, if i were tha judge i would of chosen MISKEEN!!! all theere shit is hot and even tho it’s expensive, thats designer shit for you. ~!~

• LRG says: