Home » Sounds

Did you know Prodigy was such a trendsetter?

Submitted by on February 27, 2008 – 10:28 am18 Comments

prodigy_main_main.jpg

Prodigy

Here’s a very interesting (long) list that Mobb Deep‘s Prodigy reportedly wrote on his blog about all of his historic contributions to hip-hop.

#1 TATTOO’S ON MY CHEST, ARMS AND HAND SINCE I WAS 12 YEARS OLD

#2 RAPPING WORDS THAT DONT ALWAYS RHYME

#3 PUTTING WORDS TOGETHER THAT DONT RHYME AND MAKING THEM RHYME “big guns down in santa barbray, my crew do it the mobb way every day, crime pay who wanna gun play thrill me. niggas kill me grillin me you wanna look peep the 9 milly now undress you know the drilly. niggas suspect weak links pose threat, i have yet to met challenger who go against my set”

#4 CUSTOM MADE JEWELERY INSTEAD OF THE POPULAR MOLDS.

#5 HOW I FOLD MY BANDANA

#6 CUSTOM MADE FOOTBALL JERSEYS WIT HENNESSY and E&J ON EM’

#7 CREATING AND MAKING SLANG POPULAR LIKE ,,,,,, KIKO, CUZZO, VULTURES, BOGIES, HENNY ROCK, NOTTY HEAD, HEAD SPIN (head), BACK SPIN (pussy)

#8 MADE DRINKIN HENNESSY, E&J, LIME BACARDI, 151 POPULAR (nothin to be proud of)

#9 SAMPLING MUSIC FROM THE MOVIE SCARFACE,,,,,NOBODY DID IT BEFORE ME..NOT THE MUSIC

#10 SAMPLING MAFIA MUSIC -”crime connections” MOBB DEEP feat. CORMEGA,,,,L.E.S. BIT MY SHIT WHEN HAV LEFT MY MAFIA CD’S IN A NAS SESSION. THEN YOU HEAR SHIT LIKE “affermitive action”

#11 FIRST RAPPER WIT TATS ON MY FINGERS AND MY WHOLE NECK DONE

#12 PROTOOLS,,,,STARTED USING IT IN 98

#13 MURDA MUSIC,,EVERYBODY USES MY BLOOD SPLASH NOW

#14 WE MADE DOING SONGS FOR CHICKS COOL FOR STREET NI***S

#15 EVERYBODY WANNA USE THE WORD INFAMOUS NOW……THERES ONLY ONE INFAMOUS ON THE PLANET AND THATS THE INFAMOUS MOBB DEEP. WHOEVER ELSE IS TRULY PLAYING THEYSELF. COME BETTER. I DONT SEE YOU CALLIN YA SELF NOTORIOUS,,,SO DONT USE OUR SHIT…YOU LOOK AND SOUND STUPID.

#16 ALOT OF PEOPLE ARE CALLIN THEY SELF A MOBB WIT 2 B’S,,,,,YOU ARE A EXTRA DICK RIDER. I CREATED THE 2 B SHIT JUST SO WE COULD STAND OUT,,,PLEASE STOP IT.

#17 THIS BELONGS AT THE TOP,,,,,,,,,PRODIGY AND HAVOC. AFTER ME AND HAV NAMES WERE IN THE SOURCE UN-SIGNED HYPE COLUM, THAT WAS THE FIRST TIME OUR NAMES WERE EVER PRINTED AND OUTTA NOWHERE POP’S UP A prodijee and havik from the west coast????????? THEM NIGGA BIT OUR NAMES…THERES NO WAY IN THE UNIVERSE THAT SOMEBODY ELL’S COULD PUT THOSE 2 NAMES TOGETHER BY COINCEDENCE. TOTALY IMPOSSIBLE. WE BUMPED INTO THEM NIGGAS AT JACK THE RAPPER IN ATLANTA BACK IN 93 AND WE STEPPED TO THEM. ASK D.J. PREMEIR, GURU, LIL DAP, 40GLOCC AND A GANG OF OTHER WITNESSES THAT SAW THE CONFRONTATION. THEM NIGGAS WAS SHOOK.

#18 TIMBERLAND BOOTS…THESE RACIST FUCC’S OWE US MILLIONS. THEY NEVER DO AD’S USING BLACK PEOPLE OR RAPPERS AS MUCH AS WE PROMOTED THEY SHIT.

#19 WEB SITES, I HAD INFAMOUSSTORES.COM AND WAS WRITING BLOGS BACK IN 99 LONG BEFORE IT BECAME POPULAR IN HIP HOP TO HAVE A WEB SITE.

#20 PUTTIN THE VIDEO ON THE NET BEFORE PEOPLE EVEN HEAR THE SONG ON MIX-CD’S OR RADIO. MAC 10 HANDLE WAS THE FIRST VIDEO TO HIT THE NET FIRST, AND THE FIRST TIME SOMEBODY SHOT A BIG VIDEO FOR A MIX-CD PERIOD.

#21 NO MORE JEWELERY, RIMS, OR LIFESTYLE OF THE BEAST. HOW DARE YOU QUESTION MY TREND SETTING, LOOK AT WHAT I BRING TO THE TABLE.

#22 NO MORE FLASHY, DANCY, RADIO FREINDLY , CLUB SONGS..HOW DARE YOU QUESTION MY TREND SETTING, LOOK AT WHAT I BRING TO THE TABLE.

#23 MAKING EXPOSING THE ILLUMINATI, SECRET GOVERNMENT AND HIDDEN TRUTHS THAT NEW HOT SHIT… PEOPLE DO IT, BUT NOT LIKE P. I BEEN DOIN IT SINCE 96… JUST LISTEN TO MY BEATS AND HOW I MAKE THIS SHIT SO THAT THE REAL HOOD NIGGAS CAN GET INTO IT…. THESE FAGGOT CONCIOUS RAPPERS WILL NEVER REACH THE CROWED OF KILLERS THAT I REACH….HOW DARE YOU QUESTION MY TREND SETTING, LOOK AT WHAT I BRING TO THE TABLE.

#24 I MAKE OLD WASHED UP RAPPERS WANNA GO BACK IN THE STUDIO AND DO IT ONE MORE TIME!! THESE DUSTY, RUSTY, RETIRED RAP NIGGAS GET THAT OLD FEELING BACK WHEN THEY HEAR MY MUSIC AND SEE HOW I DONT STOP… ITS HILLARIOUS TO HEAR AND SEE THEM TRY TO KEEP IT COMING LIKE ME. WE NOT THE SAME HOMEBOY!!,,,,WHATS EVEN MORE FUNNY IS THE CONCIOUS RAPPERS THAT GET HYPE CAUSE THEY HEAR MY LYRICS AND THEY BE LIKE “yes our time is here” BUT NO YA TIME IS NOT! WE NOT THE SAME HOMEBOY!! YOU NOT A REBEL SOLDIER….YOU NOT A INSURGENT.. PLEASE….GO HOME

#25 DEMEROL, MORPHINE, HEROINE RAP’S,,,,,I STARTED SAYIN ALL THIS CAUSE I WRITE RHYME WHILE IM SICK IN THE HOSPITAL ACTUALLY GETTIN THESE DRUGS… SAYIN YA SHIT IS LIKE CRACK, COKE ANS WHAT HAVE YOU I STARTED DOING THAT BACK ON D.J. CLUE MIX TAPES FIRST TIME WAS ON THE MOTHERLESS CHILD BEAT…ME AND TY-NITTY

#26 I COULD JUST KEEP GOING BUT NOW I’M TIRED… HOW DARE YOU QUESTION MY TREND SETTING, LOOK AT WHAT I BRING TO THE TABLE.

Definitely food for thought!

Source: Nah Right via HNIC2.com

• regg says:

respect goes out to P and mobb deep. one love to mobb deep.legends in the game ya’ll.

• rashawn says:

P got to be da most underrated rapper of all time….dis man is a beast on da mic …much respect to da Infamous FREE P!!!

• FRANK WHYTE says:

that nigga is tellin the truth.

• fuckem says:

Yo this dude is whack, first he says he made custom jewellry first, then he says no rims no jewellry, lifestyle of the beast blah blah blah, he needs to lay off the morphine n demerol

• REEF says:

i agree with a few of these but damn P! chill out!

VIOLATOR ALL-STAR DJ’S, DJ JAM X & WEB

22 EXCLUSIVE ORIGINAL CUTS!!!!

COPY AND PASTE THE LINK TO DOWNLOAD….

• Will973 says:

FREE P!!!

• good dude says:

I’m not a big Prodigy follower, but if he really did accomplish all of these things then shouldn’t he be 5x larger in the game. I dunno, the other people in the blog can attest to what he says but I can’t.

• LiftedMike says:

That nigga P crazy as hell. But thats just him. I’m listenin to the infamous right now and he talks like that.

“Imma have to get on some old high school shit, Start punchin niggas in they face just for living”

• meshia says:

yawn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• T:MAC-10 says:

Havoc’s better. But anyways alot of this sounds like bull shit, and what’s he talkin about he chilled up Havok and Prodigy from the West Coast? Those guys are dope, they did that song with Tupac,Spice 1, and Ice-T…
    “Gangsta team” I think it’s called.

• sluggproof says:

slick rick had custom jewels in the 80′s wayy before p…devante from jodeci had tatts on his chest in the 90′s before mobb deep dropped juvenile hell…masta ace mentionted timberlands in me and the biz early 90′s classic on his first album wayy b4 mobb deep…boot camp das efx redman too many rappers were wearing timbs for p to claim that…dont get me wrong i love p but i been listening to hip hop way too long to agree with all that shit he claiming…i give it to him tho those hennessey and e and j jerseys was live!!!

• L0'renz says:

I also heard P inventing bungeejumping and selling scubadiving while high on crack. I also heard he made contact with E.T. or somethin– cmon wat da fuck is he on?!! Hes full of shit! Getdafuckouttahere!!

• James says:

I think rappers sample real mafia sh*t wayyyyyy too much, all the gotti’s and scarface’s and capone’s out there RAPPING. Come on, you are rippin off the REAL white italian mafia names, then claiming somebody is ripping YOU off. Think about it……..

• ihateyouall says:

first to certifiably insane and speak elaborately about nonsensical garbage.

• Obskure Starr says:

Prodigy is the real H.N.I.C.

Head Nigga In Charge…fuck your favorite rapper. P goes against the government…while ya favorite rapper is either dead or is on tv doing some gay snap dancing.

FREE P!

• Gone Green? says:

[...] doing things to conserve and protect the environment for decades now (can you say trend setter – Prodigy ain’t got nothing on me.), it is finally the cool thing for everyone to do. Plus corporations [...]

• much respect for the mobb. i’m kinda late in the game and didnt start listening till 98′, but yo thats all im listenin to no doubt. these mothafuckers have real shit to say compared to all the wack one it wonders nowadays. they need to ditch 50 though, and spit fire like they used to.. free P, oh btw check out my mural dedicated to the one and only… http://www.rupintart.com under pencil, then gallery… one