Brand Alert: Todd Smith by LL Cool J

Submitted by on March 21, 2008 – 9:12 am28 Comments

phpwwx8ioam.jpg

LL Cool J in the Todd Smith booth at MAGIC February 2008

DrJays.com is proud to announce Todd Smith by LL Cool J is now live – and we’re the brand’s exclusive online retailer!

We caught up with LL at the MAGIC fashion tradeshow last month; not only is the rap legend extremely down to earth and humble, he’s very hyped about the launch of his new clothing venture.

Our interview will be up on the site soon, in addition to more of the collection.

We’re also going to be running a very exciting Todd Smith national contest involving the rap legend himself, so stay tuned.

22692361.jpg

Wolf French Terry Hoodie by Todd Smith

2366881.jpg

Iconic Tee by Todd Smith

2366961.jpg

Classic Fit 5-Pocket Jeans

• rachy says:

the emblem on the white tee looks bent. cheap printing

• mrtee says:

NOPE WACK

• funky manny fresh kicks with them airs on the side says:

this isnt goin to sell he’s not popular rite now, even if he was this brand is garbage

• Ark says:

not feeling LL’s new gear

didn’t even like fubu all that much

• Will973 says:

I RESP3CT DA LEG3ND HIMS3LF…BUT C’MON, COMIN OUT WIT A CLOTHING LINE ISZ JUS WACK.

• rick lexington says:

eh I happened to have liked fubu. lol I rocked it going from east to west coast. People laughed till it was hot then they praised lol. Todd smith has been out for a while I guess he’s just doing it now more publicly.

To be honest it looks like he just put his name on some design that someone made to try and fit in with other brands.

• rick lexington says:

oh and I still think he looks like a ninja turtle

• Karlton Thomas says:

Yo i’m here to defend my dude clothing line i mean of course when u 1st start out its going be some rough designs, but hell they go off one shirt and try to bash the whole line! He got some hoodies that’s off da chain like 4real and he has like three other shirts thats off the hook! so before ya’ll start to bash the clothes do some more looking at the rest of his line!!!! But yea i’ll wear it gotta few pieces already!!!!!!!!

• Rick Lexington says:

It’s cool that you like the clothing and of course your going to defend it. He came out with the line yeeears ago, he just never made it that public. He needs to come out with more stuff. And stuff that’s by him. I like the shirt that he’s wearing tho. But thats about it. The hoodies are whatever, then again it could be the lighting.

• Brian Bruce says:

everything looks wack expect the hoodie with the wolf thats the only item i dig but the rest really suck

• J-Dubz says:

It’s OK.but most of it looks like stuff that’s already been done b4. Nothin new

• etienine says:

my man LL’s line is hot.. most ya just being the biggiest haters. i checked his website on his line. so i did some what of some research and his just on the come up. from what i seen his clothing can be as big as sean jean use to be. and by the way i NEVER wore fube.. his new line is for the grown and sexy. not to flashy but yet not to plain. its not gangster or hoodwear, it shouldnt be worn baggy to the floor, its that new age wear.

• i.d. says:

as of RIGHT NOW, i don’t like the line. it’s the same shit everybody is making so it just doesn’t interest me. but, you never know what the new shit will look like so LL’s designers better come with fresher clothes next time. they need to lose all the damn rhinestones on the clothes.

• B. says:

It’s just average, he gotta step it up! For some strange reason, I’m reaaalllyyy waitin’ on PASTELLE. Kanye gone bring it and be on some real model-type shit!

• Rick Lexington says:

etienine I hope you read what you put because what you decribed is what most of the companies do anyways because of people like pharell, kanye etc. majority of the designers on here do what you just described. With the legend status aside it’s just whatevers.

• junior myssle says:

aight man, all u haters got to go. LLs my man and I love that he’s got his own clothing line! I’m emptying out my closet and buying all Todd. His clothes are hip hop clothes that actually fit and it looks great. I got his platinum workout too and let me tell u it works. I’m in the best shape of my life, but only if you follow it 100%. I got my own platinum body. his line is just getting started, give him a break, all lines start this way when begin. If I may say something about the line though, take it easy with the rhinestones and the bling. And another thing is that I’m prolly gonna be wearing Todd for a while, so LL, make something fly for the older cats to. Like people in there 30s and 40s, like jackets and suits and keep the Todd name to. Keep at L I gotchu.