Akademiks rips the runway in Miami

Submitted by on April 9, 2008 – 1:18 pm15 Comments

image035.jpg

Creative Director/Co-Founder of Akademiks Emmett Harrell

On March 28, Akademiks debuted its new collection in front of an assortment of press, tastemakers and celebrities during FUNKSHION: Fashion Week Miami Beach.

Here are some exclusive runway pics:

image005.jpg

image006.jpg

image007.jpg

image008.jpg

image010.jpg

image011.jpg

image012.jpg

image013.jpg

image014.jpg

image015.jpg

image016.jpg

• rachy says:

im loving the girls stuff!

• Thrillogy says:

The new Akademiks collection is very sophiscated and a little preppy with a little touch of the rockstar look. Besides the only one I wasn’t to found of is the 3rd photo with the long socks and the shorts need to be a little longer and the 5th photo was a thousand times better than the 3rd.

• 2true says:

Complete Garbage once again from Akademiks! The girls stuff looks ok though. Look at Emmett what a dork! Thinks he’s Russell Simmons lol

• Rick Lexington says:

Yeah the gurls stuff was sex. The dudes stuff aaaahhh the only thing I liked was shirt rocked by the white dude. And maybe the shirt rocked by the brotha with the gold hat.

And the first out was just wack

• Some nice ladies’ stuff!

• Lena says:

I was there at the show and it was hot!! Those pics dont even give the show justice and it was one of the best shows during Miami Fashion Week. Good job Akademiks!

• laughin out loud says:

It’s nice I seen better but its worth checking out. I see a cheap muthafucka is saying some shit is wack muthafucka you wack and lame you wear southpole now tell me does your opinion matter? Let me answer that for you HELL NAW so shut the hell up Rick Lexington.

• laughin out loud says:

And 2true hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha your prepostrous you really crack me up kudos to 2true.LAME

• Oops says:

Think I’ma cop everythin that light skinned dude (#5) was wearin, and same for the first dude if his sweater actually fit. Bump what ya’ll say, when u get on that Young-Grown man status, stuff like that’s good for fall

• goin hard says:

Not original at all!
    Looks like there just coping the trends out already. WOW and yes that 1st mens fit is the weakest wackest shyt ever!

LOL must work for Akademiks lol

• Janelle says:

Wow!! Akademiks has really stepped up their game! This ish is hot and whoever thinks different clearly has no sense of style. Vote for Akademiks all day! I do! :-)

• Carl P says:

Looking kinda fly there Akademiks! I’m def copping that Black/Gold sweater and the black/gold tee.

• Sherry Luv says:

The girls stuff is so cute! When does that hit the site? I need at least 3 of those outfits right now!

• Sherry Luv says:

Hey ya’ll, you can check out the full runway show on Akademiks.com

• KDub says:

That sweater on #9 is on point, white paints were aight with the chucks too.