Home » Sounds

Which concert tour is the best?

Submitted by on May 7, 2008 – 9:05 am13 Comments

Jay-Z and Mary J. Blige perform at their “Heart Of The City” tour

By now a majority of you have gone out to support your favorite acts as they perform live over the summer touring season.

From Jay-Z and Mary J. Blige‘s “Heart Of The City” major outing, to Kanye West, Rihanna and crew’s “Glow In The Dark” arena spectacular and Alicia Keys‘ “As I Am” tour, there has been a non-stop offering of quality live shows.

If you have indeed checked out one or more of the tours, let us know how the show was and who was your favorite performer!

• Niddy says:

Heart of the city tour. I went to 5/2/08 concert in NY, and Mary bodied the building. She did so good you didn’t even need Hov.

• Boss Lady says:

I agree with Niddy – Mary absolutely killed the show.

I went and saw Kanye, Rihanna, etc in Atlanta on Sunday night too. Kanye’s set is incredible; the most theatrical hip-hop set I’ve ever seen.

~Boss Lady

• h2 says:

i’m going to see Alicia tonight (!!!!), I’ll let you know.

• InKred says:

Rock The Bells Tour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Tribe Called Quest, Nas, Methodman And Redman, Immortal Technique, Murs, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Raekwon And GhostFace Killah, The Pharcyde, Supernatural, B-Real, AND MANY MORE!!!!!!!!!!!

• :noogzilla says:

I went to this concert in Irvine, CA. This was one of THE BEST duos I have seen thus far. Mary J. Blige was so emotional and really connected with the audience. Jay-Z was also awesome and had me cracking up! Funny dude.

I went to Rock The Bells out here in SD, too…that was a crazy concert. Talib Kweli was amazing…I love him! I want to marry him…

Also so the Glow in the Dark Tour with Mr. West. That show is definitely up there too! Mr. West was a one man show but kept the audience jumping the entire time.

• lady banks says:

YO I the concert in April in Toronto and it was truly an experience!!! I love Mary, and have been a fan since she first dropped, and Mary is an amazing performer, she didn’t need so dancers, cirus acts or that shit, just her!! and jay-z wasn’t bad himself, I’m gonna c alicia to in june, she better be worth the price i paid!!!!!
    holla

• neese says:

i went in chicago mjb was amazin but the two together beautiful i think they make a good couple they both should get divorced and get married

• A.D.B. says:

The Glow in the dark tour is comin 2 my city here in Phoenix, AZ. I like Kanye and Lupe but HATE Rihanna. Lol imma just sit when she coms out…it was funny when Neyo and Fantasia was here and everyone just sat wen Fantasia came out on stage and she started cussin at the crowd..good times

• Really Good tour.
    Fashionhustler.com

• tasha says:

i went to the one in dallas. it was great, but next time i think we’ll go to the one in ny instead. ny gets the most love and everyone else gets 2nd best.

• Cha says:

The Heart of the city show was fucking Fabolous lol…i got home jus an hour ago and im still hype lol. I love Mary but Jayz killed it. Special guest were Method man, Memphis bleek, Beyonce, Diddy, Swizz beatz and i think thats about it. The dream opened and he was ok. To think i almost didnt go lol.

P.S.- Its da ROC in da buildin!

• Z.c.K. says:

kanye’s glow in the dark tour was by far the best, i went in miami and we waited about an hour for kanye’s set ta get ready but wen he finally came out, it was well worth tha hot ass wait lol. it was prolly 1 of the most high energy, moving concerts i’ve been to yet. n.e.r.d. wuz hot too.

• Toya says:

Boss Lady, I was at the Kanye concert in Atlanta on Sunday too! I ended up winning tickets from a club in Buckhead that Friday. Going to that concert was the perfect way to end my birthday weekend. (BDay was May 3). Due to the high traffic, I didn’t get to see Lupe, but I got to see N.E.R.D., Rihanna, and Kanye. Surprisingly, N.E.R.D. was really good. They had the crowd on their feet jumping, “spazzing out”, and all. I’m feeling their song “Everyone Nose”. I wanted to take Pharrell off of that stage…he was pretty sexy to me! Rihanna did good as well–that’s a tall chick! But more people stood up for N.E.R.D. than Rihanna. When Kanye came out, EVERYBODY was on their feet. Kanye West, himself, truly gave the people their money’s worth and then some!

The “Glow in the Dark” Tour was the best way to end my birthday weekend! Hands down. :D