RIP: Seven7 Jeans designer tragedy

Submitted by on May 29, 2008 – 8:35 am12 Comments

Our deepest condolences go out to the Seven7 Jeans team who rare coping with the deaths of two young designers.

Lisa Santee and Miguel Rocha, both 25, were struck down and killed by a hit and run driver as they were walking on the sidewalk next to their Los Angeles office on Friday, May 16.

A third member of the design team, Dominic Medina, is currently in a critical condition from the incident.

This is a tragic reminder to never take one day for granted. Rest in peace to both young talents.

• gunot says:

You said the 3rd person was in critical condition from the incident. So, maybe he’s not dead. He will be ok in the name of Jesus.

Bless,

• rachy says:

R.I.P to them and may their fashion continue their legacy.

• B Williams says:

Thanks so much for actually mentioning this. Miguel was a friend, his funeral was this past weekend and was definitely a hard thing to sit through.

Miguel had his own line, called Cali Green.

• E-zy says:

Hard…Rest Their Soul Till’ The Day…

• Russ says:

Man, I am sad to hear that! You never know what can happen to you in life in a blink of an eye! I know because something tragic happened to me at one point in time of my life in a blink of an eye! So, I thank God for his grace! Never take life for granted, live for the moment while planning for the future, and stay grounded!

• Dee says:

TO B Williams, the friend that attented the funeral of Migel Rocha. My sincerest apologies and condolences go out to you and all the friends and family of these VERY young and VERY talented people. I pray that they find the person responsible for this and hold them accountable for such a tragedy. Has this been ruled accidental or homicide? Does anyone know if it was done purposefully? I sure hope not but what is this world coming to that I would have to ask such a question. May god bless you and the friends and family and may their souls live on and their body’s rest in peace eternally.

B. Williams stay grounded and I hope you are having some help with coping with this tragic loss of a dear friend. God Bless the Santee family as well as the Medina family in hopes of a speedy recovery for her. My condolences go out to all that are involved and if you have a concience at all, the person that did this to them you will turn yourself in and make peace with this tragedy.

• mame says:

I´m sorrry so much and is very sad. rest in peace

• natasha says:

i was of a fan of there work i am so sorry to hear this may god bless them and their familys through this tragic time

• Nikol says:

I was googling my best friend’s name. (Lisa Santee) and I found this. I get choked up reading about it every time. I miss her. I loved her so much.

• jay street williams says:

THANKS EVERYONE!