Home » Sounds

Boss Lady meets the Byrd Gang

Submitted by on June 17, 2008 – 5:28 pm17 Comments

Boss Lady with the Byrd Gang: (back) Freaky Zeekey, Mel Matrix, Oshy, Chink Santana (front) Noe, Sandman, Boss Lady, Jim Jones

Our DrJays.com Live team – Boss Lady, videographer Jenny Wu and assistant videographer Andrew Fennell – have been working overtime this week to bring you a bunch of great, diverse interviews.

Here’s some of what we have coming up: V.I.C, Steve Aoki, Phatfffat, Kwamé and Beyond Belief and the newest hip-hop supergroup Byrd Gang, who we interviewed today at the legendary Chung King Studios in New York.

The Jim Jones-lead group – featuring Freaky Zeekey, Chink Santana, Noe, Mel Matrix, Oshy and Sandman – are promoting their upcoming debut album, M.O.B., released on July 1.

Extremely down to earth, hungry and ready to make an impression, keep an eye out for the group’s very entertaining interview (and heartfelt Dr. Jays tribute from each member!) coming to DrJays.com Live soon.

• jimmy says:

mane all dem ni99as r lames none of them come with fresh Lyrics let me tell u bout some real rappers Brotha Lynch, Bun-B, Dubee, The Click, Baby Beesh, Mac Dre, Lil Bruce, Mac Mall, Mr. Doctor, S.P.M. and this is jus 2 name a few if u disagree den ur lame 2

• A.D.B. says:

Byrdgang been out 4 a while. Glad 2 see them get some recognition! Especiaklly freaky zeekey. No one seems to care bout him cuz he underground but jus listen 2 him. He good. Same wit Mel Matrix. But wheres Noe?

• CHAZMUNNY says:

Jimmy, Did You Know There Is Rap In Places Other Than CA? (Aside From Your TX SPM). Open Your Mind Or Close Your Mouth. Real Walkie Talkie.

• CHAZMUNNY says:

“Aside From Your TX SPM AND BUN”

• j.Are says:

Aside from your TX SPM, Bun and Baby Beesh (Bash, originally Beesh)

Isn’t Bash from Houston? He was rappin with SPM and those dudes way back in the mid-to-early 90s

• j.Are says:

by the way they got an upcoming interview with V.I.C???

WHY?!

Straaaaaaaaaaaight garrrrrrrrbage

and don’t even bother calling me a hater, I don’t give a f*ck VIC is wack and no it’s not because I’m jealous of money or fame (neither of which he will have for more than a few years AT BEST)

• Rick Lexington says:

I don’t know bout bash cause for a while that dude clamed daygo then it was houston… so who knows. He was probably with houston before daygo. Not really carein lol. I wouldn’t say he’s good, he’s aite.

• A.D.B. says:

Dude ive heard bash on so many songs swagger jacking its not even funny. I hear him in o1 song tryin 2 act like Nelly and the next tryin on some Bay Area shit. Not in his dreams ever will the bay accept him. I respect his hustle but honestly, I mean HONESTLY, he should try doing some R. Kelly shit, not some gangsta shit. He just can’t pull it off….ever.

• Boss Lady says:

Hey j.Are,

First of all, thanks for always showing the DrJays.com blog support!

We interview a whole range of acts, designers, etc on DrJays.com Live, and we always appreciate our customers’ honest opinions on all of them – so keep ‘em coming :)

~Boss Lady

• joeizzle says:

boss lady has big tits in that picyure it gave an erection!!!!!!!

• Baby Bash aka Ronny Rae is that dude! i totally agree

Dip Set gets no love from me b/c the simple fact…. they never paid me back like $2000 their label owed me from back in like 2004

and now they balling……….. talkinga bout how they had all thatfast money

yet I remember 3 dudes sharing 1 chain… trying to front it for some chicks

thought one was sniffing that Kai’eena…….

is what it is though… get mone…. wish them the best… I’m just mad at the label as a whole. I can’t blame them all for J Santana and Co’s actions

• streetz619 says:

YEAH WELL DONT KNOCK THE HUSTLE FOR ONE I MEAN JUDGE WHEN THE ALBUM COME OUT AND SEE HOW IT DOES. THEY DID WHAT THEY HAD TO DO TO GET WHERE THEY ARE. SO QUICK HATING AND GET YOURS. I NOT SAYING I LIKE THEM OR I DONT DONT JUST DONT STEP ON THE NEXT MAN NECK BECUASE YOU NOT IN THEIR POSITION

• jimmy says:

i c u cats bring up a “BEESH” argument 2 adb you must be stuck unda a rock BEESH has been out longer(i mean way longer try early 90′s) than dat lame nelly so how is he jockn??? wen nelly got a song bout da Bay rhyme jackin lke crazy o and hes from Vallejo CA, “DA Bay”, 2 CHAZMUNNY Clipse, Ludacris, Wu Tang Clan, Smoov-E, Papoose whos really the best rapper from the east coast now DATS REAL WALKIE TALKIE Watcha think nw?

• A.D.B. says:

bash was whack then and he is now. Both Nelly and Bash have run out of ideas. Thats it. They both suck and bash is def on my worst rapper list. Nelly is decent but i mean this a new century and he didn’t follow thru. Jimmy dnt even try stickin up 4 bash cuz he cant flow and all he does is swagger jack to make club bangers. And that is y i dont go 2 tha club. He can go suck E-40′s dick. No homo.

• I HAVE A DEAL PROPOSAL? IF U CAN GET ME INFO ON A SMALL LOCAL URBAN STORE OR STORES IN YOUR AREA LIKE PHONE NUMBER OF THE STORE I WILL PERSONALLY SEND U A FREE T-SHIRT ALL U HAVE TO DO IS AS FOR THERE STORE PHONE NUMBER AND CONTACT NAME. SIMPLE ONCE WE GET OUR GEAR IN THAT STORE WE WILL SEND A FREE T-SHIRT DEAL?

COP THE NEW I LOVE MY HATERS T-SHIRT BY MIDSTATE SPORT

• j.Are says:

Boss Lady – my comment wasn’t against DrJays at all, Im just surprised that dude even has a name. ‘Get Sillaayyyyyy, get SiLLaYyYy’ lol

• Rick Lexington says:

A.D.B I agree some rappers and r&b artists try to go into areas that they’re really not going to fit in and it’s like wth.

To those that say we’re hating well most of it is a discussion. Bash has claimed so many places lol. Etc so it’s like damn pick one and stick with it. I’m allways going to express my opinion on here and other places. I love dr. jays it keeps my wallet from gettin fat and people like how I dress. Doesn’t mean i’m going to agree with every single thing said by the people here even if it’s staff or not.

joeizzle- you need to keep that to yourself lol. Yes we’re all aware of boss lady’s jockableness (did I make that up?) from the style of clothes, smile, accent, twins etc. But for the love of baby chuck norris, hearing that her twins give you chub is T.M.I homie lol.