Home » Society

Are Kimora’s child support demands crazy?

Submitted by on June 26, 2008 – 9:22 am176 Comments

Russell Simmons, Kimora Lee Simmons and daughters Ming Lee and Aoki Lee

Documents filed yesterday in Los Angeles Supreme Court show that Baby Phat CEO Kimora Lee Simmons is requesting that ex-husband (Phat Farm creator and Baby Phat co-creator) Russell Simmons pay $20,000 per month for each of their two daughters in child support.

This means $240,000 per year for Ming Lee, 8 (up until 2019) and Aoki Lee, 6 (up until 2022) which is a whopping $480,000 in total.

Considering her own personal fortune, do you think Kimora is being reasonable or crazy?

Source: TMZ

• mzpyt says:

$20 grand per child ***THATS HEAPS*** Then again these guys are loaded with paper! 40grand to them is nothing. Guess these kids are lucky in this lifetime.

• Big Luke says:

There needs to be child support reform. This is more like adult support. I hope Russ’s drivers license doesn’t get suspended, like that matters. Personally, I would’ve never given her the divorce. C’mon Russ,… Diddy ain’t warn you bout these hoes.

• Maria says:

Kimora Knows she doesn’t need that money and she can invest it, bank it. The question is would she? Cause she acts like she’s broke and struggling, which is an total insult to the women that are. What’s more appauling then anything she’s not giving them (those innocent Angels) the time they deserve to be with their FATHER. I wish people stop saying she gave up her CAREER for Him she did that for them(Her Girls), she also could have returned back to modelling if she wanted too. Just about everyone else did that is a model. She started a business? Excuse me Russell started her business right? Without “His connections and His wisdom” none of this would have happened. Lets be realistic it wouldn’t happened without the people who can really draw cause she don’t, it wouldn’t happened without the know how people. She knows that better then anyone, without “His name” she wouldn’t have gotten none of this. “Hurry up and get married so you can change your name, better yet why don’t you go back to your maiden name?”. “Since He so unbearable and you were so unhappy with Him”.
    The bottom line she’s trying to erase Russell out of His Girls life so she can replace Russell and make Him look like He don’t want nothing to do with them. He should have a say when it comes down to their lives cause He does love His Girls and their happiness means alot to Him. She is going to make it so difficult for Him to be apart of their lives. He doesn’t care about the money He just want part custody of His Girls and she knows this and she is using them to get back at Russell. If this isn’t true then why didn’t she let it be joint custody (can we say MONEY and CONTROL).
    She supposely have moved on ever since FEB.2007 with Dijimon(handsome man PROTECT YOURSELF “WAKE UP” PROTECT YOURSELF) the best thing that ever happened to her and prego (whatever) and Russell moved on (forgive me can’t think of her name, but she beautiful woman) and He has less to do with her and still thats not enough so she got to hit Him where it hurts HIS GIRLS. Kimora knows that this is hurting Russell, I don’t care what happened between them two, the only thing I care about is how she talks about their DAD to them, how she conducts herself without the insults and the put downs (NO PROVOKING). Russell believe in you, those comments came out of your mouth and looking at her she probably making Russell jump through hoops just so He can see His Girls. Watch this isn’t the end of DRAGON LADY (thats not because of her race I can careless about that its because thats “REALLY MEAN AND CRUEL”. She’s keeping the King from seeing HIS PRINCESSES thats what they do, you know how the story book goes). GOOD LUCK RUSSELL, MAY GOD BE WITH YOU. YOUR GOING TO NEED HIM.

• Abbie says:

I don’t know why she turned her back to the camera, as if she has a boodie behind her. Maybe with all the money she’s requesting she’ll take in consideration of buying her some.

• Lil Lady says:

I think it is resonable because that is a lifestyle he has gotton he accustumed to so now he has to pay. Do ya thang Kimora I wish you the best in life!!!

• MsGotIt says:

She Crazy….that girl dont need all tha damn money, hell she can take care of them kids cause i know she make that and more by her damnself and im pretty sure that he still takes care of em even with them being divorced! Hell if you sit back and think about it, it wouldn’t even be a Baby Phat if it wasnt for him, he taught her everything she know and i bet you if he felt like taking it from he could so she need to be thankful for the lifestyle he gave to her…..she tripping for real and she know it and if i was him i would give her child support but she wouldn’t get that damn much!!!!!

• bananas4mine says:

Yall think that’s crazy Lionel Richie wife was asking for at least 300 Gs a month or more in alimony look it up if you don’t believe me. But these men marry these women and shower them with anything they want and get them use to a certain lifestyle and as crazy as it sounds that’s the law that they should have to pay for these woment to keep up their lifestyle but I’m sure the law can be bent if a judge wanted to do so.But I don’t think that is lot to ask for for 2 kids who are use to living the fab lifestyle.These girls do need nannies and bodyguards and etc.there are crazy ass people out there that might try to kidnap them you never know and if I was working on my empire and had to send my girls off I’d pay any amount If I had it to protect them.And lets be real yall who really wants to down size you don’t wanna go from driving a Mercedes to driving a Daewoo forreal.Yeah she got money she makes money but yall still have to consider the fact that it takes money to make money.She has to pay her employees,taxes and all kinds of other bills I think she is doing the right thing yall don’t be so hard on her put yourself in her shoes are you really saying you’d give the guy a break cause he helped her get where she is today?

• ms LadyDay says:

nooooooooo i dont think she is crazy ,but i do think that is a bit to much for a six year , old,eight year what can these kids need for if thier parents are both stupid rich.but like i said she is not crazy i just wish they could work things out with each other. all he need to do is give his girls love and support they have the world. I like both of thier clothing line baby phat for my daughter and phat farm for my sons ,if she is greedy like that i will not buy baby phat any more to help support her not that she gives a damm she have other supporters i will spend my money on some body else cloths line.thank you., ms ladyDay

• gretchen says:

nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• fabuliz says:

yall are hating….Kimora rules, id ask for just as much…Russell should thank Kimora, she did alot for his career too….

• Tamibu says:

H3ll yeah she crazy!!!! I just don’t get it she has all this money, and it’s clearly visible that she’ll continue to make money, but honestly if that is what he offered to pay then that’s on him, but any independent strong willed woman in her right mind wouldn’t even suggest the father pay that much money when she making just as much. that’s just greedy.

• toy says:

I DONT THK HE SHOULD PAY HER THAT MUCH!!!! POINT BLANK HE THE ONE THAT UPGRADED HER FROM LOOKING A MESS.. DONT GET ME WRONG I LOVE HER CLOTHES AND HER STYLE BUT SHE NEEDS TO GET IT TOGETHER. HELL SHES PROBABLY MAKING MORE THEN HIM MAYBE SHE SHOULD PAY HIM CHILD SUPPORT. LOL

• diamond says:

• diamond says:

I AM ASHED AT KIMMORAS behavior i thought she was a strong positive for the best person but iwas wrong her and Russell arent togeather anymore yet they acted like they still had respect for each other my heads up to him ms kimmora you are not right what you dish out you will shurely not get does ytour broke boyfriend now have any money for your baby coming HELL NO he is using you wacth what comes around will go around hes gonna marry you and take half your frotune just like you did the king and start of hip hop you will see then you will think about what a good man you had! i was a srtong fan in you clothes and shoes etc but now i am taking my name off the list no thanks i am bnot wasteing my money on someone acting like that i suggest everyone do the same lets see if her boyfriend takes care of her the same way plus hes not attarcttive at all he doesnt even have a swagger like mr simmons you notto use his name no more either you dont desever it at all

• diamond says:

HELL YEAH WHERES HIS SUPPORT FOR BRINGING HER TRIED TAIL UP IN THE BUISINESS I SAY SUE HER FOR BREAKING THE MARRIAGE VOWS SHE GOT ANOTHER KID ON THE WAY HER NOW BROKE BOYFRIEND AINT GOT NOTHING TO GIVE HER I BER SHE TAKING CARE OF HIM WOW KIMMORA YOU HITTING THAT DUMB AGE IN YOUR LIFE GIRL WAKE UP HE IS NOT IN TO YOU JUST YOUR NAME SEE IT PLEASE BEFORE ITS TOO LATE

• Dee says:

I don fink she needs that much money. She has money bt he should pay child support iof course…bt that is loads and unneccerary..(fink dats how u spell it..lol)

• lol that’s wild but Russell agreed so obviously it must not be

• nettte says:

Save The Receipts Russell…. Court Should Have The Fathers Buy What Ever Their Child Needs; At The End Of The Month. Put All Receipts Together Turn Them In To The Courts.. So On……. Probelm Solved!