Home » DrJays Live

Exclusive interview with 9th Ward

Submitted by on June 27, 2008 – 10:56 am8 Comments

Boss Lady interviews new So So Def artist 9th Ward

On the eve of the release of his debut album, I Ain’t Looking Back, New Orleans rapper 9th Ward talks to the Boss Lady about the whirlwind of barely surviving Hurricane Katrina in 2005, moving from his ravaged hometown to Atlanta, living in a hotel room for one year, fatefully meeting Jermaine Dupri and signing to Island/So So Def, and what fans can expect from I Ain’t Looking Back, which drops on September 30.

Check out their interview and let us know what you think!

• Luxury Life says:

Goodluck to the brotha hopefully his career takes off but i think we bout to get on the NEWYORK SHIT!!!! SEE som great comebacks like rakim,krs1,bootcampclick,ogc,big daddy kane,uncle murder,the south has had it time and its time for Hiphop to come home!!!!!

• Rick Lexington says:

Yeah I hope that dude has a good carear, he seems pretty real and I like the music.

• A.D.B. says:

i loved that song add me up. Nitti was crazy with the beat on that 1

• j.Are says:

for some reason the video won’t start on any of my computers

:S

• Rick Lexington says:

Kinda like that shirt too.

• Boss Lady says:

Hey j.Are:

Sometimes it takes a minute to load…

9th Ward was extremely humble and focused – I really hope he does well.

~Boss Lady

• joeizzle says:

her tits r almost out!!!!!!!!!

• Rick Lexington says:

joe you killin me man lol. Now she’s going to cover up, but I do like that dess tho. Boss lady needs a fan club.