Home » DrJays Live

Exclusive interview with V.I.C

Submitted by on July 3, 2008 – 10:18 am16 Comments

V.I.C. and Boss Lady

Part of the new wave of rappers causing a lot of discussion on the future of hip-hop, V.I.C. is currently riding high on the success of his debut single, “Get Silly”.

He chats with the Boss Lady about his newfound success, what listeners can expect from his upcoming debut album The Beast, and gives a response to criticism of his music from older rap fans, saying “It’s not up to them to give us a chance.”

Check out the interview on DrJays.com Live and let us know what you think!

• A.D.B. says:

Tehy got ringtone sales butr dont got units movin. Listen to Nas’s song “Testify” and u will understand

• Luxury Life says:

Yo realtalk I cant knock a dude for getting in the game and gettin some shine but this DUDE…….Nevermind you will understand when his record sales are seen it will all speak for itself trying to stay positve!!!

• Durk Niggler says:

Cant knock his hustle, but if he start actin like he the best rapper alive then we gonna have some problems..LOL. My 2yr old love’s Get SILLY..LOL

• A.D.B. says:

btw im lovin his hat. it lookis hella fly

• A.D.B. says:

but 4 realz watch he will be lucky if he goes silver lol

• CHAZMUNNY says:

Get Silly! Holla!

• yung albino says:

might be clean but his music dont speak to me at all cuz its that made for the club hype music he’s killing hip hop along wit stupid soulja boy

• Thrillogy says:

V.I.C iz da worst rap artist in da game and iz to commerical like Souja Boy and Kia Shine. you call thoose da best rap artists in 2008. you should listen to Kanye West, The Game, Lupe Fiasco, and Talib kweli.

• Thrillogy says:

Both the host and V.I.C are lookin very WACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

• good dude says:

I can’t be mad at the guy for legally making good money, and even though I don’t get into his music, it gives the kids sometinhg to dance to and jump about so I’m glad about that. But with such a demand for “real” rap, why aren’t we seeing “real” rappers. I think an artist should be promoted and pushed further that an entertainer.

• Rick Lexington says:

cmon thrill… Aritist is understandable. I’m not feelin his music but I think his statement is wrong. The older heads can do a lot to mess his game up. Older heads are still in this constant. I feel that rap can’t be serious or real all the time but this ish is gettin retarded and it’s basically the same gimmick and sound. People will get tired of it and move on.

Also what was up with constant hand ish lol. I think he’s trying to come off as something he’s not.

But the host was lookin nice. I likes how she got her hairdid.

• Thrillogy says:

Rick Lexington im not saying dat V.I.C iz da worst rapper, but I think his lyrics could of have been better and has to work harder in order for the rap game to recognize him as a true hip hop artist.

• Rick Lexington says:

Oh yeah thrill I agree. I was agreeing with you on the artist being wackish. Then I just added onto that lol, because I didn’t agree with what he said or trying to be like in the interview.

Yeah your right his lyrics do haft to be more serious to be recognized. He also has to not sound like the dozens other of artist who took to words and made a song and a dance wit it. They’re pretty much forgoten as he might be.

But I didn’t agree on the host part. I thought she looked dope. But hell it’s your opinion

• Z.c.K. says:

THIS IS WHAT WE CALL…………..HIP HOP????????????? HONESTLY PPL.

• Dee says:

hip hop is on life support cuz of people like soulja boy…………