Home » Screen, Style

Ciara embarks on new modeling career

Submitted by on July 31, 2008 – 8:45 am25 Comments

Ciara in Rocawear‘s “I Will Not Lose” campaign

Ciara has officially added modeling to her list of many talents, signing with world renown model management company Wilhelmina Modeling Agency.

Wilhelmina is currently looking to cast her in a number of clothing and fragrance campaigns, including one for Victoria’s Secret.

“Modeling has always been one of my aspirations,” says Ciara. “But I was insecure about my height. I thought I was 5’7″ but I just found out I’m 5’8 1/2″, so I’m really excited about that.”

Ciara is no stranger to modeling; she was hand-picked by Jay-Z to be part of his “I Will Not Lose” campaign for Rocawear.

She’s also currently working with department store Steve & Barry’s to create an affordable clothing line that will represent her personal style.

“It’s a perfect fit; it plays with her personality and her coming of age,” says Lisa Cambridge, a rep from Ciara’s label, on her upcoming line. “It’s tasteful, sexy and beautiful, just like her.”

• CHAZMUNNY says:

Im Honestly Not The Biggest Ciara Fan But “Like A Boy” Is A Dope Cut egardless! Holla! Whaddup Rick, Russ, Lux!

• ~*aShLeY*~ says:

that girl kno she muscular, i love me some ciara she so fly

• Luxury Life says:

wat up chaz rick and russ ciara hot but too skinny for me need meat on tha bones for me!!! or Laura London damn she BAD!!!

• Rick Lexington says:

whaddup lux! Sweet i’m glad she’s adding modeling on. This is a deinate slap to the face of the haters tryin to spread rumors she was a dude. Oh yeah and Laura London is bad fo sho.

• Jetballer says:

How effing stupid can you be?–”I thought I was 5′7″ but I just found out I’m 5′8 1/2″, so I’m really excited about that.”

• Rick Lexington says:

It happens sometimes i’m 6ft sometimes i’m 6ft 1in. And i’m talking in military records. That’s why I say 6ft, 6ft 1in when people ask. Till I went in I never cared.

• Anonymous says:

I think it good, she modeling, and she seem like an very sweet softspoken person. I personally think, lighter haircolor doesn’t look good on her, she need to stick with dark haircolors. I can’t believe Steve & Barry’s working on an clothing line after her. No, disrespect to her, I like her, but she cannot dress! She really need an (personal fashion) stylist! I betch her clothing line, will be consist of mainly midriffs, LOL. I wouldn’t buy it (clothes)!

• jroc says:

she sexy as hell and i luv her shape in those clothes

• TWEETY says:

I LIKE CIARA AND I SAY DO YOUR THING GIRL DON’T TRIP OFF THEM HATERS,YOU KNOW SOMEBODY ALWAYS GOING TO HAVE SOMETHING NEGATIVE TO SAY.

• LARonda says:

ciara is one of my role models. i am a twenty year old young lady dance and modeling has always been my dream but people use to always tell me that i was to short and to be a model u would have to be more 5’5 inches tall. Well as i got older my self esteem is even stronger and i think i can do it. but ciara i wanna ask u for your advise wat should i do?

• rocawear is cool is nice is goot ilove

• Anonymous says:

I Like Ciara her Dancing skills is off the chain,Jay-z made a good choose for is campaign,Well ciara if you need models for ur up and coming line hit me up!!!! Jay-z if models are wanted for rip the runway can you hit me up i would like to model and do rip the runway!!! But Ciara keep doing you, Brush them haters off your the bomb girl. love rocawear

• beautiful ones says:

I lov her go gurl! I hope with her clothing line she doesn’t forget us thick ladies.

• takia says:

thatz whatz up cee cee make that money

• sakia says:

i mean its iight she skinny and modles are anarexit ha or how u spell it but yea she would really past um yea do ur thing that was constructive critasisume or how ever u spell dat oh an if u are looking for a singer and raping carer hit me up at http://www.sakiamyeers.com much love

• tashawn says:

yee um she is a walking skeleton man i mean wow she ok looking oh yee dat sakiamyeers.com is da bomb im working on a track right now an ciara although
    u skinny we can still have babys

• tyrone says:

she cute so this would go far for her i do think that she skinny when she first came out had the right body to her now its like dang but lauran londan em yeah fantasy ride for real.

• Lakisha says:

Whatever fuck all them bitch’s trin to b nice oh i love u ciara that bitch had dick where she hide it in her mouth.

• koopa says:

I was never a Ciara fan. She is too much like Aliyah (RIP). There is only one Aliyah. But there is a ton of clones and she like at the top of the list.

This might sound like I’m hating. But I’m not. What was her last hit? When was her last hit? I know 2005. Her Evolution LP was the end of her Music career.

Hopefully her modeling career will last longer than her career as singing.

• Clean Heart,background cover top prime group thing free marriage disease boy laugh strategy race wait invite notice though open legislation ground key obviously chain and population star separate purpose output presence offer production aim enable mother guide variation stock ball key always teach will enjoy criterion power corner end over revenue design connection bind doctor touch under adult say forward obvious young full observation i date gain entirely particularly normal note okay in evidence other develop demand instruction in directly design active train climb quiet household date

• I must say this is a cool article I enjoyed reading it keep teh good work
    What do you know about extend?

• Hi Homie
    Nice writing style.
    Anyway, you felt it was about time you posted
    Bye Bye

• Greetings
    I would like to put a link to your site on my site roll if you want to do teh same for mine. It would be a good way to build up both of our readerships.
    Anyway, what do you think about tiny?
    Yours Sincerly

• i just stopped by your site and thought i would say hello.
    Anyway, yours truly felt it was about time yours truly posted

• desktop says:

Greets
    I look forward to reading more from you. Have a cool week.