Celebrity Style: Jay-Z

Submitted by on October 23, 2008 – 6:22 pm20 Comments

Rocawear mogul Jay-Z stepped out in New York City last night to attend Diddy‘s party celebrating his L’uomo Vogue magazine cover.

Jay was looking casually fine in a white t-shirt, checkered shirt, black hoodie and black leather jacket, paired with jeans and black sneakers.

Fellas to achieve a similar look, check out the following:

Crew Neck Tee by Tanglewood

Multi Ombre by Sean John

Fleece Hoodie by Basic Essentials

SJ Flight Leather Jacket by Sean John

Traitor Buttonfly Straight Denim Jeans by Zoo York

The Bun B Vader by Greedy Genius

• Gucci says:

come on man why you wanna dress like him? Rocawear is
    wack anyway !!! nobody right now is waking up and thinking let me dress like jay z today.

• Rocboy says:

lol at the above comment, Jay-Z is a trendsetter, and in this pic he’s just chillin, you expect him to where a 20,000 dollar outfit everyday, he dosent need to do that, we know he is worth close to a billion, so what does he have to prove. I dont see bill gates in gucci, and you already know what he’s worth,lol.

• RAW says:

if u wana dress like jay-z u juh biting other niggas styles wtf? buh yey i aint hatin on jay im juh sayin.

• Judo Submission Grappler says:

Finally, a casual outfit that Hov gets right. Not to say there’s anything special about it but my God, it least the fit is on point for a change. It kills me when Jay tries to rock alotta of the streetwear brands but messes the fit up entirely, i.e., ‘true to fit’ Alife hoody with a par of baggy-azz Rocawear jeans (lol). I’m from the old school to so I know how hard it is to retire baggy jeans but if your gonna wear them, don’t try and make it look a hot mess with an extra young Supreme crewneck.

• create your own clothing line. fashionhustler.com

• Dave says:

judo submssion grappler, I do agree with you. It’s hard to retire baggy jeans, for i’m a big fan of the old school. I sometimes get my blood boilin’ hot with disapprovement when he mix and match like rockin’ a baggy pair of jeans and a preppy crewneck shirt. I do still wear baggy jeans (once in a while) but I keep it “true to fit” as u said it.

• Beanie Branch says:

I disagree with you Raw. Its not neccesarily biting. in that case everyone is a biter. When the new show comes out, or a new trend hit, everyone is going to try to get that. i commend Drjays for attempting to put that same outfit together. Im sure everyone has a few stars that they admire their style. Mine especially is Fabolous.

• b white says:

Jay is killin wit the fashion game right now, don’t care what nobody says. Maybe it’s cuz I like streetwear myself put he does know his stuff. And as far as skinny leans go, I can’t do it either. But if you do wear a fitted shirt I’m not sayin your supposed to rock skinny jeans but definitely some loose straight ones, like a nice pair of levi’s or somethin similar. Jay look like he hit it on the head here…

• flymike says:

Jayz style is simple and yet trendy I wear jeans that fit but they not nutt huggers I think he dresses appropreiate he doesnt wear crazy ass colors that seem to be fashion and Bun B is a another person he dresses like a young guy but he doesnt over do it so in retrospect jayz doesnt overdue or try to br something hes not judo I think you hatin and thats not a color on nobody and too the first guy comment true rocawear isnt as hot as it once was but I still wear the roc and I get comments all the time so it can be that bad and wat would you rather wear roc or southpole????

• flymike says:

Oh yea what up Rick Russ and Chaz

• Supreme1 says:

HES FREAKIN SEXY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• wild child says:

JAY Z LOOK LIKE A OLD HO MO IN THAT PIC WITH HIS TIGHT JEANS ON AND LIL JACKET HE IS A HAS BEEN I DONT CARE HOW MANY HIT RECORDS HE GOT OUT

• Luxury Life says:

Hold on Wild Child He told you he cant skinny jeans cuz his knots wont fit!!! Can you dress better than jayz I really doubt it so please stop the hating cuz he better than your favorite rapper!!!

• Gucci says:

i dont expect him to wear 20,000 dolla garms. he aint a trendsetter in fashion except them gay ass buttin ups.

• trackstar says:

Yo Jay has been senting trends for years. I don’t agree with jockin is style but it is what it is. What he has on is some real laid back chill sh@t. I’ve rocked something like that before without even seeing the pic. He is just keeping up with the fashion and adding his own favor to it. Isn’t that what you define style as( your OWN personal favor).

• trackstar says:

Yo Jay has been seting trends for years. I don’t agree with jockin is style but it is what it is. What he has on is some real laid back chill sh@t. I’ve rocked something like that before without even seeing the pic. He is just keeping up with the fashion and adding his own favor to it. Isn’t that what you define style as( your OWN personal favor).

• [...] Celebrity Style: Jay-Z [ Dr. Jay's Blog ] [...]

• jockin my fresh! jockin, jockin my fresh! says:

straight leg/boot cut jeans are always the way to do it, im diggin the leather jacket just as long as he dont zip it up. the plaid shirt thing pretty new for him. iDont know where they got that boring ass black hoodie from, but iThink basic essentials are for basic people and basic occasions. ihave no idea how he found out about the greedy geniuses; those shoes be exclusive as hell. the only reason iWudnt wear them is becuse 4 of my frends already got em and that’d be swagga jackin..next time why not just put on that grey tee and a blazer. keep the jeans, they cold. sunglasses optional

• Stylecoach says:

Looks nice and great. I like the leather black jacket..

• slim kool says:

thats a tight fit haed to toe the Buns are awesome