Home » Society

Making history: Barack Obama wins U.S. presidency

Submitted by on November 5, 2008 – 11:23 am22 Comments

Barack Obama has every reason to smile! Where were you when the big announcement went down?

He has enormous tasks at hand, but one thing Obama clearly achieved last night was inspiring huge masses with his passion for change. We witnessed people of all different races and ages cheering and embracing each other in the streets! It was an emotional, moving and historical moment in time that truly confirmed his catch phrase YES WE CAN!

Image: Vibe

• LRG says:

Nice Outfit and nice guy !! I like him

• Bac2DaRoots Clothing says:

AMERICA! THE JOURNEY FOR CHANGE HAS JUST BEGUN

• Boss Lady says:

YES WE CAN!!!!

Nice post Kiki – welcome to the team :)

~Boss Lady

• Luxury Life says:

I cant believe I seen it happen as millions did and I cant get over it Im going extra hard now I can achieve anything this proves it and we as blacks have to get out there and work our asses off!!! No more saying I dont matter or it will never happen to me do you think he thought this would happen but Obama knew one thing when the time came he was ready and if you want anything good to happen you have to be READY and PREPARED!!! Jan 20 I will be in DC to see this great man sworn in I will see History again and im going extra hard on my clothing line hey Boss Lady you will be doing a interview with me and then Imma pick on Rick lol =) Thanks to all who voted you made the impossible Possible Thank you all. P.S. Obama said pull ya jeans up ya heard =)

• RIO BORN V.A. RAISED NIGGA says:

IT FINALLY HAPPEN THANK GOODNESS UNFORTUNATELY I WON’T BE ABLE 2 GO 2 D.C. AND WATCH HIM GET SWORN IN CAUSE I WILL BE VISITNG MY DAD BUT THE U.S. DID SET A FINE EXAMPLE FOR ONCE. MY FATHER EVEN CALLED AND SAID THE BLACK PPL IN RIO WERE CHEERING AND APPLUADING WHEN THEY HEARD THE NEWS OF HIS WIN WAY TO SET THE TONE AMERICA ITS ABOUT TIME .NOW GET IN OFFICE AND GET THE VETERANS THEIR GOOD BENEFITS BACK LIKE ME I AIN’T FIGHT IN THE U.S. FOR NOTHING LOL.

• Rick Lexington says:

That’s cold lux, that cold. My luv for all things boss lady should be appreciated not made fun of lol. Boss lady I’m just playin. I know your sitting there tryin to figure out how to get a segment with dr. phil. “hosts and their crazy ass fans”

But on a more seriousnous. Now is not the time for blacks to go relax. If anything we haft to be more up on our game and not justify their stereotypes, not do stupidness and hide behind this. “We have nominated a person we can be proud of, now let’s make him proud of us”

• Kiki says:

thx boss lady :)

• noel says:

man i cannot explain the feeling ,i got its like its hard to believe still that we have a african american in office ! and not only that he had an white man backing him as vice president and they say america isnt fit for a change ,yo did u see how jesse jackson looked when he was crying i never seen him tear up like that it was powerful especially seeing the faces from people and when he was speakin on the old lady !

• Naomiii says:

I never felt so proud to be african american!!! I really feel like I can achieve anything now :)

• Arican says:

My gratulations to all Americans … finally a president who will not spread hate and will care about ALL people in the country…

Be Proud – ;D

• Donna says:

AT-LAST! IT STILL FEELS LIKE I’M DREAMING.GOD BLESS AMERICA! GOOD LUCK TO OBAMA AND HIS FAMILY.

• kia says:

Im really really happy and overjoyed for once im 18 and i feel like my life is worth living now, and im not racist but im tired of the same ol white rich presidents smiling faking it,,,,thank you god for obama!

• Melanie says:

As a Native American, I am ecstatic about having a African-American as our 44th President. I am overwhelmingly hopeful in the direction of change for this country. And like many of you have expressed, I feel that anything is possible if you put your heart, soul, and mind to it. Barack Obama has proven the true American dream. God bless America!

• Spades11 says:

OBAMA!!!!
    What was the question?
    oh yea I was watching BET the Truth with Jeff Johnson .I seriously think they had the best coverage of all the channels.

When it went on comercial I flipped thorgh all the other channels.And BET was the most understandable when they explained thing.

They always had the elctoral votes posted on the screen.

They went over issues and things.

If your wondering why I spaced this out like this it’s more likely that people will read spaced out writing than clutered up shit

I know it’s true with me

• FeLoWaY says:

You Must Continue To Pray For Him For Him To Accomplish Every Single Thing That He Was Talking About Cause You Know Some Will Try To Slow Him Down. OBAMA’08 My President Is Black(8)

• Liyah says:

I couldn’t believe it happened and I’m not even American!!! – It’s been a long time coming and I was always a person who thought this could and would and should happen in my lifetime. It was emotional time for every African American person, every African in diaspora around the world. As for myself my mother is white my dad is Tanzanian, East African, and I was all teared up and so proud of being able to witness that moment – even from a copper mine in the middle of the Western Australian desert. LOL! I know where Im gonna be when he gets sworn in Jan 20th – right in front of my TV cheering him on. God bless his family and keep them safe. He is an inspiration to all indigenous people here in Australia, in Africa and around the world, still trying to achieve the dream.

• minaboo says:

OBAMA 08 IT AINT ~YES WE CAN~ NO MORE ITZ ~YES WE DID~, OBAMA IZ SEXI, BUT BESIDEZ DAT FACT UM VERY GLAD A GUD MAN WHO TRULY HAS AMERICAS BEST INTREST @ HEART WON THE ELECTION, AND HEZ BLACC DATZ A PLUS HE MADE HISTORY.
    ~MY PRESIDENT IZ BLACQ~

• JRob says:

He just as much white as he is black so I don’t know what all the fuss is about, color shouldn’t be the issue anyhow. He transcends all colors and is an inspiration to us all. He brings hope for all races and all walks of life.

• Luxury Life says:

Damn that Jrob he got waves only black people can get waves not wavy hair

• Dave P. says:

Change is coming, baby! lol

• Teneal sunshine says:

That man single handedly change the future so much brighter for people from all walks of life im so proud i wittness this piece of history and truely believe as my gets older he too will believe all things are possible and yes he can do whatever he set his mind too!!!!!!!!!!