Exclusive: The rebirth of G-Unit Clothing

Submitted by on December 9, 2008 – 10:41 am12 Comments

We reported back in February that the G-Unit Clothing joint venture between 50 Cent and Marc Ecko was a wrap.

After lengthy discussions between both parties, it has been decided the partnership will be revived and the brand will be relaunched with the Spring 2009 collection.

We visited the offices yesterday and while 50′s private gym, studio and meeting space are now not in use, the actual showroom is buzzing with new designs and fresh marketing plans.

Check out some of the gear on offer (as modeled by our lovely Kiki and assisted by G-Unit sales rep Natasha) and share your thoughts!

• Luxury Life says:

Sorry KIKI you nor the other lady can save G Unit as appealing as you two were this is a Line that no matter what or how good their materials get it will always get a negative review see its like Southpole they have stepped it tremdously but they leave a bad taste in your mouth!!! Perhaps its the name of these two lines or the stigma but I have yet have find a person who has REAL fashion sense to openly say I wear these two clothing all the time!! To wear G unit is considered fashion sucide in fact I broke up with a chick cause she wore it, I told her we are in two different worlds, Im fly she is not!!! I got back with her 2 days later I just had to let her know you cant wear that and be with me no matter who good looking you are =) What up Rick Russ and Chaz

• I dunno says:

One of the worst things an artist can do is name their clothing line after themselves. If they were gonna truly give it a rebirth, they failed already by keeping the G-Unit name and logos. Items like those only have a year or two lifespan.

• Josh says:

The clothes are ugly and not fashion forward. Plain and simple. Times are changing. A lot of us young people are moving away from the obnoxious prints and garishly loud colors. And are those skulls? We’ve been rocking skulls for almost two seasons now. I’m so glad other designers are finally moving from that motif. I know I’m 20 and see a lot of my peers looking for tailored and polished looks now. Not saying we straight up prep, but we like to look good and edgy. G-Unit still looks like bargain basement rags that you’d find on the clearance rack at T.J. Maxx. Time to hang it up Curtis.

• Arican says:

I like the clothes but I dunno is right the name is annoying – the brand was cheap and the staff was pretty good quality – I’m not for or against G-Unit but still I hope this time the fit will be better… ;D

• Rick Lexington says:

Ok I gotta say:

1. KIKI is bangin.

2. Luxury is right and he’s wrong. G unit is one of those labels with the bad names. Athough the rest of the world aside from the USA will cop it. A lot of people still wear southpole. I’ll admit that I bought a sweater vest from them. Then again I really don’t care what other people think, I just do the outfit.

3. I’m glad it’s not the ecko leftover stuff. I’m sure people will get over it, after campaign comeout or something then people will cop it.

4. Whaddup lux, russ and chaz

• Naomiii says:

To me it looks like the same cheap shit as before i don’t c nothing different so I pretty sure that people are not gonna buy it…I was never a fan of their clothing n this is defiantly not gonna change my mind.

• A.D.B. says:

Josh: Enyce is probably one of the nicer brands out there neow. They have the nice tees for summer and also some real good-quality polos at a moderate price. Enyce has been doing it for a while, but idk most people don’t want to give them any cred.

• A.D.B. says:

I look at G-Unit clothes on a case-by-case basis, and I have to inspect them closely.

• i rep zim... says:

g unit is dead….just let it go five 0 (50)…

• sluggproof says:

imma pass mama

• b white says:

ol girl is cute…but g-unit is done. it had its time but its a wrap-o