Home » Sounds, Style

Video: T.I. promoting his new line Akoo

Submitted by on December 10, 2008 – 1:31 pm12 Comments

T.I. made a special appearance in the Salvins Shoe store in Connecticut to promote his new line, Akoo.

DrJays.com is the exclusive online retailer of Akoo – check out some hot pieces from the line below:

Snobby Fame Tee by Akoo

Lieutenant Jean by Akoo

The Star Jacket by Akoo

• I dunno says:

There is potential with this line.

• akoo clothing line is pretty good i ain’t seen nothing to really stand out for me 2 buy anything yet but damn t.i. we know u balling and got swag and all btu can u lower the prices on the jeans lets say to bout 50 or 60 dollars shoot its a recession i can’t pay 100 dollars for no jeans

• Eric says:

i guess if you can afford his jeans then you all good but i wasnt expecting his jeans to be that much….im still waiting for more gear of his can come out…im looking forward buying his clothing line during spring

• Rick Lexington says:

Why do people use the recession as an excuse? Bruh the clothing isn’t a need it’s a want. Yeah it does cost. I like some of the stuff in there but I won’t be getting a lot of it because of the price and some of it cause well it’s winter lol. $50 and 60 is too low then he’s competing with brands like southpole etc. Then the brand will get played because everyone will have it.

I’ll sit on the sideline and see where the brand is goin to go. I’m not going to be shellin coogie money for something that hasn’t been proven yet.

• Rick Lexington says:

coogi lol sorry russ

• Girls were going crazy over dude!..as usual…TI is the King and AKoo is the prince…lol

• t-bone says:

go back to selling drugs,looks like a rip off off bbc

• @ rick

u got a point but 100 dollars to 150 on jeans i mean i like nice stuff to but if its over my limit i ain’t copping it it’s either look fly or sit in da crib with no lights and food and i like my heat and air and i like to eat.the line nice thought but shoot i can go right to rio and get me a pair of jeans for bout 25 dollars put on a nice tee and some nice shoes and u will never know lol

• Fashionhustler . com

Brand New website (Revamped!)

If you want to start a clothing line,
    come check us to avoid common mistakes.

10 years experience in the streetwear industry.

Fashionhustler . com

• I enjoyed reading your article. It makes a lot of sense.

–sidney—

• bibbin says:

What is it about many musical entertainers, particularly African-American entertainers, that when it comes to potential investment avenues, they tend to flock towards the creation of clothing lines?

I know that many actually maintain diverse investment portfolios, T.I. included, but when I see, yet another A-American entertainer following some financial advisors’ suggestion to attach their pursue the apparel route, I can’t help but sense a touch of stereotype fulfillment.

I mean, given the number of clothing lines that have been created as a result of an entertainer’s musical success, you’d be led to believe that clothing lines and entertainment success were interdependent and inevitable. Sorta leaves the implication that creation of the line is the ultimate goal and the musical success becomes merely a means to a totally unrelated end.

With regard to T.I., we all know that boy got swag. I would have preferred that his line were geared more toward the dressier side rather than casual. Just my 2 cents worth.