Home » Sounds, Style

T.I.’s “Swing Ya Rag” video will not air

Submitted by on December 19, 2008 – 11:43 am35 Comments

T.I.

T.I. wears a tee from his Akoo line in the latest issue of “Rap-Up” magazine.

He recently completed shooting a video for his new track “Swing Ya Rag” but the airing of it has come to a halt.

“We did it, and it came out hot,” T.I. said of the video. “Louis (Vuitton) and Gucci started trippin’ about it. They were saying we were infringing, in one way or another. They weren’t happy about it. They didn’t want it to come out. But it’s hot, though.”

Your thoughts?

Check out the latest from Akoo on DrJays.com:

Mascot Sweater by Akoo

Deep Signal Rugby by Akoo

Fox Hill by Akoo

Reynard Jean by Akoo

Main Image: Rap-Up

• Rick Lexington says:

Yeah sounds like america. But it’ll probably slip out somewhere though.

• I was thinking the same thing Rick..somebody will put it out…somehow..just a matter of time….then BAM! lawsuit they would love to sue a successful black Rapper such as TI..terrible.

• grande_royale says:

WHITE MAN TRYING TO KEEP A BLACK MAN DOWN

• Jbeezy says:

Isn’t Cucci a Italian brand and LV French? Not American.

• NEE says:

ITS FREE ADVERTISING….WHY WOULD THEY GET MAD…I KNOW ALOT OF BOBBERS THAT WOULD ROCK A GUCCI OR LV RAG JUS BECAUSE ITS IN A TI VIDEO!!! THATS NOT INFRINGING THATS JUST PLAIN OL STUPID!!!!

• IM Notonik says:

Does this mean that I should STOP, buying their ish, pumping their hot items on my blog and steering my personal shopping clients from buying it as well? I need the issue of Rap-It-UP!!

• Rick Lexington says:

Well I kind of see their point. It’s not always free advertising because you know people will buy knock offs or buy knockoff material and make it lol. Then you have lames running around with bunk ish having people think good companies makeing it.

Then it get’s played with out them profiting and it goes down hill. Look at what happen to all the bape, girbaud, GGG, ed hardy etc. They want to control it and keep it within a certain market area. There’s some associations that will kill a product. They might just want royalties for using their names in products.

Jbeezy… Yeah they are french and italian but best believe they got businesses in america. Alot of companies do that. At anyrate I ment it “sounds like america” by the whole over reacting thing. I never said the brands were american.

• IM Notonik says:

Btw, I mean Rap-Up. But hey, why you’re reading my comment I don’t mind reminding you to “w”rap – it – up. Feel me???

• tilla aka 23 says:

thas not gangsta anyway…folks out here gettin killed over rags and mu phucas wanna throw rags around all willy nilly…gives a phuc if it is louie…but this aint a hate session, its a pop video, not rap…its not gonna hurt u gucci…23

• coca215 says:

I honestly feel that Louis and Gucci are trippin! I can see where someone would think it may be infringment, but how many dumb asses went out and spent 300 bones on a freakin rag because of T.I song???

• Rick Lexington says:

Not many then again you never know. But how many will make one out of fake gucci and lv fabric, then sell or rock it? Many, it wouldn’t be hard to do.

How many time have you saw everyone or the wrong person wear something and decide that it’s played out or you didn’t want to be like that so you associate that brand with that person.

It’s messed up but I see where they’re comeing from.

• Love your new blog. Can’t wait to see what you write about. Go for it!

• KAREN says:

stupid haters!!!! who cares T.I. is still best anyway

• camDAking says:

FREE DA KING

• MR.SWAGTASTIC says:

HAD TO CHANGE DA NAME

• oO_NiTA_B_Oo says:

DiS iS SUM BULL… LOL.. FOREiGN PEOPLE TRiP ME OUT

• waterfallprincess says:

man thats so gay i love that song they just haten cuz t.i. is doin good and they just mad cuz he use they name they should b happy but i guss they sipped that haterade hahaha

• sierra says:

T.I. IS THE BEST HE LOOK LIKE MY DADDY AND TALK LIKE MY DADDY I WONDER IF THERE BROTHERS

• Luxury Life says:

Sierra I doubt it if he was you would be seeing the dividends It seems that these brands dont want urban america in there clothes infrigement my ass!!! You can blur the rag like the do in any other video!! Its a shame they can take our money but they cant admit our success RACISM LIVES PEOPLE LET AREOSMTH or ROLLING STONES wear the rag in the video it would be no problem tho

• Exactly luxury..the last part. Racism still is here …just in different forms.

• j.Are says:

1) I think the only racial issue is the fact that some of you think it’s a racial issue. I’ll bet you Louis and Gucci have plenty of black models working for them in ads and/or runway stuff.

2) Most of these expensive brands are the products of gay white men, somehow I doubt most black folks even know/acknowledge that.

3) Free advertising doesn’t constitute GOOD advertising. I personally would like to see the video and am (somewhat) a fan of T.I.
    Maybe they don’t want rappers flying their brand around, so what. If you think they NEED hip-hop’s support then you’re crazy.

4) I can’t understand why the hell anybody would wear bootleg anything. If I couldn’t afford something I sure as hell wouldn’t wear a knockoff, that’s just plain trashy I don’t care how good it looked.

5) Not everybody is going to accept you, get over it. If Juvenile (or some rapper, whoever) didn’t want me in his video I wouldn’t cry that it’s because I’m a white man. Just an example. That’s all folks.

• j.Are says:

oh and the reason I said that I’m ‘somewhat’ a fan of TI, is because I saw about 4 videos on youtube of him doing the same thing at different concerts. That was the whole thing where he gets a cup thrown at him from the crowd, then has a big gangster ass fit about it and says “anybody wanna throw ish on the stage I got 50,000 on they head!!”. It’s clearly an act, and yes he’s putting on a good show but I don’t knwo what to think about that…

• j.Are says:

oh and to Luxury: Rolling stones or Aerosmith wouldn’t make a video and song dedicated to a brand name because rock bands don’t whore themselves out like that. In the rock world you are considered a sell-out when it’s all about the money, in the commercial rap world, being a sell-out is the point. Bull shit might get you to the top, but it won’t keep you there.

• oO_NiTA_B_Oo says:

STRONG OPiNiONS i SEE.. BUT HEY YOU’RE ENTiTLED TO THEM.

• Eric says:

In order for TI to get the video aired!!!! He probably have to pay Louis &&& Gucci to put the video on television, Other than that….it’s not cause for them to trip about it….its thier products.

• Eric says:

j.ARE i dont even wear gucci and barely wear louie v so its whateva

• Yesenia says:

WHAT IT ALL BOILS DOWN TO IS THEY DONT WANT OUR LATINO OR NEGRO A$$E$ WEARIN THEIR ISH!!!! WE NEED TO STOP GIVING OUR DOLLARS TO BUSTER A$$ COMPANIES THAT ACT LIKE THIS. REMEMBER
    “It has come to my attention that the managing director of Cristal, Frederic Rouzaud views the ‘hip-hop’ culture as ‘unwelcome attention,” CRISTAL CHAMPAGNE….

• Tess says:

I dido that Yesenia. T.I is an intelligent individual, why not just use his own brand “AKOO” in his songs and promote that. I would first support my home before I support others…If the options are available.

• دختر says:

excellent ,Thanks for the post

• Gun says:

Nothing wrong with this, at all, people should get it more.

• adam says:

is this a fake website

• adam says:

is this fake clothing lines

• The Rolling Stones – Miss You – “12 Vinyl Extended Mix…

The Rolling Stones, started in London, England circa 1962, are one of the world’s most popular rock music groups, selling over 68 million RIAA certified cds only in the USA. They were inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in 1989 and have performe…