Home » Sounds

Lil Wayne to make a rock album?

Submitted by on January 13, 2009 – 10:52 am62 Comments

Lil Wayne

According to HipHopDX.com, Lil Wayne will soon be releasing a rock album.

The news was leaked by rapper Drake on the Canadian TV channel, MuchMusic.

Drake

“Wayne’s coming out with a new album, it’s a rock album”, the Toronto based Rapper stated in the interview. “A complete rock album. I have a song on there”.

He went on to compare the album with Kanye West’s 808s and Heartbreaks – an album “just throwing individuals off”.

Your thoughts on this?

Image: Starpulse and Liberty Boutique

• t-bone says:

sounds sick can’t wait!!!

• FM says:

I dont see whats wrong with it..
    Let the guy do what he wants

• Luxury Life says:

It could be a good look Ice T Ice Cube 3-6 Mafia and Jay Z have flirted with it so why not WAYNE!!!!

• Chris J the Genius says:

Hmmm… But a lot of people had a problem with the fact that Kanye sang (via vocoder) on every track on 808s and Heartbreak. Lil’ Wayne singing is fine, but Kanye singing is a problem (and even causes some to speculate that he’s gay)? Interesting.

• Wonda Bread says:

my boy used to be a hardcore rapper and an avid listner of artist like him and i finally got time to see him today and he’s completely changed he went from street and gangsta rap to Underground R&B (noting wrong there) and pop rock ex Jonas Brothers who apparently “go hard” theres the problem

Wayne suck anyway so it dont matter to me

• Well whatever he wants to do. But he shouldn’t compare it to kanye. I want my money back on that album. Its a decent album it just kind of depressing and the whole autocodertune thing.

• dsuave allday says:

Umm… is Drake rockin some fake AirJordan 5s? How is dude a rapper, but out here rockin that fake shit? Come on bruh.

• Jasmine says:

yea he got dem ugly fake ass purple jays on be he still cute tho lol. but i cant stand a dude in sum fake shoes!

• Dee says:

i fink it will b intersestin to listen to..

• KAREN says:

DRAKE CAN RAP 4REAL

• ebonii says:

Wayne rockin? He’s a damn genius anyway, so why not? I’ll buy it!

• victoria says:

uugh… i dont kno about it.,

• Jerome says:

Hey Dsuave….umm those shoes are the grape fives by the way. LEGIT

• Tierra Nash says:

I love him he so goddamn sexy

• lovelove love love i LOVE this song

• niquee says:

wayne can do whatever he want , in ma eyez tha dude still sh*tty .
    feel me . everythin he do is LAME , ma 3 year old sista could make rhymes like that . and he kissin dudes . but drizzy drake on tha other hand . he hellllaaaa raww . on sum real serious ishtt .

• *kay-kay* says:

Well Wayne can rap about anything so why not try something new…but I dont understand how Waynes so HOOD if he got a record deal when he was 12??? Even if he lived in the hood from the day he was born until he was 12, he would be to young to know anything about being sooo hood…Ya get what Im talking bout?
    Dont get me wrong…I LOVE LIL WAYNE!!!<33

• ANGEL says:

UR MOM IS A LUCKY WOMAN.CUZ U LOOK GUD

• Vicki says:

go ahead nigga i dont want to hear your wack ass rapping anymore goahead and ruin rock music do whatever i dont care, just dont ruin hiphop music for me anymore

• weezy baby says:

Lil weezy is the best rapper alive hes the bomb like tick tick.. but he can also be a rockstar cuz hes just the best..

• i LOVE U DRAKE.U SEXCii

• Briina says:

Wayne is doin it big fa real. Tha song UP IN THIS CLUB! I really love dat song. whoo go wayne!

• neildyy says:

Drakee Is Sexyy! I Dont Care For Wayne Much…. Unless He Magically Becomes Cutee…..

• Marv says:

What’s wrong with his ? The dude just really started rapping good and out of his many albums finally made a pretty good one and now wants to be a rocker. Please stick to what your good at. That’s why hiphop is dead rappers don’t rap anymore.

• Lil' Tee says:

Well i don’t to much care for drake but wayne is tha motha freakin ish. I love him. he is tha best rapper alive and all his ish is tight so all those out there hatin can jus deal with it. His rock album is hot. No one said anything to any other rapper or something that changed what they was into. He doin wat he like so let him do wat he wanna do. All yall doin yall so he can too.

I love you wayne for real.
    ~$%Mz.1-N-A-Million%$~

• laqwan says:

wasup this your boy qwan aka new orleans but i wont to say drake n wayne f us need to keep this shit up the rapp game need yall n wayne big mike is we my mom so i have din a wan you befor u is the best on in its n.o. 4 life be cool wayne n drke my to nigga

• laqwan says:

wasup this is your boy qwan aka new orleans but i wont to say drake n wayne yall need to keep this shit up the rapp game need yall n wayne big mike is married to my mom so i have din a ran you befor u is the best in its n.o. 4 life be cool wayne n drke my to nigga

• Cilla says:

UM yea lil wayne is hot nd hes the ish but i think drakes amazing, he new different.. yea finally lil wayne goes rock he should if everyone has already tried it y nt him plus hes hot so it makes it hotter =]]

• niaa says:

.wayne is offixial..andd drake is a beast too!!!

.xant nobodyy see dhem so its all good.
    dhey gone keep making moneyy.

suuuwwoooppp….we owttah here!!!

• kennedy says:

drake is my ex boyf i love you call me 678-999-8212

• goo says:

ilove you

• buzz says:

Tierra Nash hope you reading this coz uz fucking groupie. ! Cock sucking groupie!

• ben says:

dude u were on degrassi nice man

• lilyboo says:

omg i loveeee yuu

• Deykida says:

he is sexiii and he kan rap!!!!
    i love him

• Shae says:

Wat’s up Drake I think u is great rapper n I love yo new song “The best I ever had” it make me feel so special wen it comes down to my bf ex gf&I think u look good also.

• anthony says:

Grape 5′s aren’t black you degenerate!

• Hey wayne an drake yall is da fuckin best i love yall especially u drake that song”Best I Ever Had” was the fuckin shit…………….An For all yall out there hating get over it drake is the fuckin best an wayne is the ish ya diggs…………..I just belive everybody gets to do wat they want in da rap game an if thats wat he want to do let him do it i aint gone have no kinda hard feelings an i sure nobody but the haters will have a problem!!!!!!!!!!

DRAKE …….. I SAY YOU DA FUCKIN BEST , YOU DA FUCKIN BEST , YOU DA FUCKIN BEST , YOU DA FUCKIN BEST , YOU BEST I EVA HAD , BEST I EVA HAD, BEST I EVA HAD , BEST I EVA HAD , I SAY YOU DA FUCKIN BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU <3

SIGNED:MRS.DRAKEEEE BABYYEEEEE

• WELL YOU KNO WAT BUZZ DAT WAS RUDE AN IM OFFENDED CUZ I GIVE HEAD AN DAT MADE ME FEEL BADD HET ME UP DOE 410-476-6121

• that girl says:

Drake is a good rapper and tho kanye we out on his last album..Wayne and Kanye and do what the hell they please. They don’t give a F***.

They Rich B****

• shay says:

drake is not really that good he’s chorus are just good
    And Wayne makes NO MORE SENSE
    His second album of the carter carter II was good with songs like go dj
    NOW every rapper wants to be a singer
    What the hell
    people just kiss his ass cus his wayne
    Wayne and Kanye need to stick to rapping cus there singing is not right at all
    and Kanye is a little to cocky he think he deserves everything
    like hes good created the world and we owe him as people

• Enrique says:

Does somebody know what kind of jordanshoes he’s wearing

• Gabby says:

OMG I LOVE DRAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HES SOOO CUTEEE!!!!

• MEAN THINGS WILL BE SAID says:

WTF ARE YAW TALKIN BOUT WAYNE SUXX!
    WHAT THA HELL ARE YAW LISTENIN TU CUS HE IS THA MUTHA FUCCIN SHIT GET THA FUCC UP OUT HIS TOILET.
    IF YHU FUCCIN HATIN STOP LISTENIN TU GHIS SHYT SIMPLE AS THAT.
    IF YHU HATE HIM SO GAH DAMN MUCH THEN HERE IS A FUCCIN EASY ASS SOLUTION LEAVE THE LISTENIN OF LIL WAYNE TU HIS MUTHA FUCCIN FANS YHU DUMB BITCHES!
    NEVER IN MUH LIFE HAVE I SEEN SO MANY FUCCIN IDIOTS CONTINUOUSLY COMMENTIN ON SUM1 YHU HATE.
    YAW PETTY AS SHYT!
    FUCC ALL OF YAW.
    WAYNE I’M WITH YHU ON MARsZ..
    BYE BYE BITCHES… WE GONE!

• lucas says:

wayne can’t rap, and he can’t “rock”…that lame ass guitar “playing” he did sucks…it’s like 3 notes. and he had 3 other guitar as his backing track, played by other people, not himself. just because he sells 2 million records in a week doesn’t mean he’s great, it means that 2 million people really like shitty music

• charlay says:

i freaking love you!
    you are like so like awesome!
    all my girls love you cause we ball like swoosh :) )))
    i just want to have your jizzms all up in my grill you da shizz
    weeezy i love you

• slim kool says:

Weezy F baby, he is the shitt Drizzy got the game sewed up and drake is solid . The rock album is probably fair although his hit Prom Queen is a rock sampled song its tight as fuck ….

• Pamprincess555 says:

It takes some talent to rock, so no. Don’t see it.