Home » Screen, Society, Sounds

T.I.’s Road to Redemption premieres tonight

Submitted by on February 10, 2009 – 2:41 pm14 Comments

T.I.

T.I.‘s new reality show “Road to Redemption” premieres tonight at 9pm ET/PT on MTV.

MTV originally wanted to do a show similar to “Lil Kim‘s Countdown to Lockdown”, where cameras would be installed around the rapper’s home during his house arrest.

T.I. opted for a more meaningful show, using it as an opportunity to help young people stay out of trouble. The show counts as part of T.I.’s community service hours.

He works with young people who are at risk of committing crime and shows them what their life can end up like – sometimes in extreme ways as you can see in the dramatic trailer below.

Will you watch it?

Image: T.I.’s Official Website

• Cassey Gabriel says:

i think it a great thing that T.I. doing but i wonder if its scripted like all the other “reality shows” on MTV and other channels. I know they going to say its not scripted but i can always tell.

• t-bone says:

anything to make a buck

• souleyedee says:

i’m looking forward to it, he comes across as really looking to make a change in young peoples’ lives right now.

• JJ-HooD says:

t.i is such a fake.

• All I gotta say is it’s one thing to want to do this when your not going to face court, jail etc and it’s another to do it when your ass is about to be locked up, on parol etc.

He chose to help the kids for his community service, well who wouldn’t over picking up trash etc off the freeway? Well at least it’s happening for whatever reason.

• TANK says:

he NI’T FAKE IT’S JUST DA WAY LIFE IS

• tank says:

if he a fake y would he do dis 4 us teens!! yall need to lay down and let love fly

• Jazzy says:

I think t.i is a real inspiration to us young teens.also all u f’kin haters need to back off of t.i n stop hatin im serious wut did he do to ya’ll?N i know he could give a rat’s ass bout u haters bcuz dat wut’s he said wen he came to chuco town(el paso).

• Breana says:

T.I is not fake don’t be mad cause he got money and you don’t and i know that his show is not scripted because he’s real wit it and hes a g he graduated out the streets so don’t be mad caus eyou can’t make that quick buck like he can and get the f off his jock.