Home » Society, Sounds

Rihanna reportedly comes out of hiding

Submitted by on February 20, 2009 – 5:58 pm21 Comments

Rihanna

According to People.com, this image was taken last night in L.A. – the eve of Rihanna‘s 21st birthday.

Her friends in Barbados took out an ad in the local paper wishing her a happy birthday “amidst all the negativity about Ri Ri”.

“God will continue to bless her. I just really love that girl,” Sharon Thompson, the friend who bought the birthday greeting, told People magazine.

“Some nights I cry because of what I’m hearing. It has me deeply hurt. She’s just so lovely.”

Rihanna is still not speaking out about the incident, as per the request by authorities involved, but her rep issued the following statement on her behalf:

“She wants to assure her fans that she remains strong, is doing well, and deeply appreciates the outpouring of support she has received during this difficult time.”

Apparently Rihanna’s father is very upset about the photo of her injured face leaking, blaming police for “sloppy work”.

We would like to wish the beauty a speedy recovery from the recent emotional and physical turmoil she has been through.

Happy 21st Birthday Rihanna!

Image: People

• Jen says:

What a way to celebrate your 21st birthday =(

• Shanicka says:

I hope she gets through this fast! I wonder if the photo of her face is real…here she doesnt seem to have much damage..well unless the swelling went down already.

: (

• LAPD_chick says:

I saw the photo and although it showed her major injuries,it wasn’t as bad as they described it.I have seen way worse!I don’t know why the media likes to exaggerate things.Maybe it was the light and the angle in the picture that kind of faded the actual contusions or what not but I didn’t see any bruises.I don’t even think it was that bad.I guess she didn’t cancel the party.I would have expected her to want to spend time with family and friends in Barbados.Hmmm.I hope Chris and Robyn don’t run into each other.That would be awkward.:[

I wonder if the photo was photoshopped too.

• Willa says:

sHE WILL BE ALL RIGHT! I LOVE RIRI AND CHRIS BROWN ALTHO I DON’T LIKE HIM AS MUCH 4 EVEN LETTING HIS EMOTIONS TAKE HIM OVER 2 HIT A WOMAN!! I DON’T CARE NO MATTER HOW ANGRY A MAN GETS AT A WOMAN, JUST WALK AWAY OR PUNCH UR DAMN LAMBORGHINI! THIS COULD COST HIM HIS CAREER ALL BCUZ OF ONE EMOTION AND ONE WOMAN. BUT IN REALITY ITS ALL JUST HIGH SCHOOL DRAMA GONE SUPER CELEB STYLE! IF THIS HAPPENED TO NORMAL PPL, PPL MITE ASK DIFFERENT QUESTIONS OR WHAT NOT, AND I’M PRETTY SURE SHE GAVE HIM SOME GOOD BRUISES OR ‘CONTUSIONS’ TO REMEMBER TOO! BUT THEY’D GET OVER IT. BUT WHEN IN PUBLIC, EVEN IF THEY DECIDED TO GET BACK 2GETHA, IT WOULD COST 4 BOTH OF THEM BADLY…SHE’D LOOK WEAK AMONG WOMEN, CHRIS NO MATTER WHAT LOOKS LIKE A WIFE BEATER… ITS JUST REALLY MESSED UP, BUT YOU KNOW WHAT? IT HAPPENS, BUT IT MIGHT HELP HER IF EVERYONE STOPPED PITYING HER SO MUCH N GIVE HER ROOM 2 BREATHE.

• beaniebranch says:

Taht is a pretty horrible way to spend a birtday. she is going to be back harder than ever. this is about similar to when Jo-jo and Mary used to date with that horrible relationship. I am a fan of Chris Browns choreagraphy, but being a big brother having 2 younger sisters and having 6 teenage female cousins. i feel Chris should watch his back more than young berg.

• Solid Rich Girl says:

I know she is a strong person after all she’s been through but she looks ok in the photo.I think she still needs to be M.I.A.though until she really feels ready to be out there again.

• Northface says:

What happeened is their business, what about all the battered women who don’t get in the news! She’ll forgive him & they’ll make news again! None of us were there so we shouldn’t make hastely judgments on either party. I am however against a man putting his hands on a woman but I will still have to sustain a blow if I hit a man! I’m also lookin @ Jay Z sideways with his wack ass comments talking about “she could be your sister or mom” he’s a f****** hypocrite because when he was caught on take mushin that lady and hitting her in the head because she took his picture (whom which he also paid off so she wouldn’t sue him) he wasn’t thinking about that is someone’s sister or mother was it. Ok yeah he brought Rhianna in the game I got that but you tell me he didn’t sample her punanny as well why all the rumors of her & beyonce beefin came out! Anyway both her & Chris will have their decisions to deal with. She’s partially @ fault if the rumors of this not being the first time is true! No one should be surprised if Chris brown did it, people are capable of anything!

• dimedeva says:

OH SHUT THE FUCK UP EVERYBODY WITH ALL YOUR FUCKING CRYING, SHE WILL BE OK. I DONT CARE I STILL LIKE CHRIS BROWN. YALL DONT EVEN KNOW THE FUCKING TRUTH YOU ALL BELIEVE ANYTHING THE MEDIA THROWS OUT. IF IT WAS JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE BEATING ON CAMERON DIAZ YALL WONT BE SAYING SHIT. ITS ALL BECAUSE HE BLACK AND HES A MAN. THEY STILL GONNA BE TOGETHER AFTER THIS IS ALL OVER. I KNOW HE DIDNT MEAN TO DO WHAT THEY APPARENTLY SAID HE DID SO GO FUCK YOURSELVES AND STAY OUT OF THEIR FUCKING BUSINESS. YEAH AND JAY-Z NEEDS TO GO EAT BEYONCES ASS WHY HE OVER THERE PROTECTING RHIANNA. CHRIS BROWN DONT NEED TO WATCH HIS BACK. AINT NOBODY SCARED OF A MAN WHO WEAR SANDLES. HE PROBABLY FUCKING HER ANYWAYS. DONT GET ME WRONG RHIANNA IS A BEAUTIFUL WOMEN AND I LOVE HER MUSIC BUT WOMEN ARE CAPABLE OF ANYTHING ALSO.

• t-bone says:

your a fu%king tool dimedeva!!!!

• Northface says:

t-bone you’re a phukin bone head LMAO!

• Yeah I agree with dimediva. You don’t know the situation. I’ve seen women do some straight ignant ish. Even put their hands on you disrespectfully. Or say something to the point of where you get pissed. There are gang wars out there that were started by a female. For every explosion there was something that started it.

• red83 says:

why do people keep sayin that? “we dont know the situation, we dont know what happened”? we know for a fact chris beat the snot out of rihanna, and there is no good reason a man should ever beat on a woman. for whatever reason God did not make a woman’s body as physically strong as a mans so for a grown man to beat on a woman is just a step up from beatin on a teenage boy. He should have just pinned her, shoock her, or walked away til he calmed his nerves. All these nigs tryin to justify him hittin her are a bunch of weak a$$ b!tc#e$. And the females stickin up for him should be embaressed. U would let ur man beat you? Stupid. And if u dont like celebrity gossip get the fuk off the blogs.

• Northface says:

red83 your words come out like the person on the Charlie Brown cartoon…wah wah wah wah wah wah lmao! Wat u doin over here n e wayz babies w/ dik pacifiers aren’t allowed here! Maybe u need a bigger dik-pacifier! By the way wat side of the car were u in when all that went down… I bet Rhianna told you “Shut up and drive” LOL LOL LOL! You entertain me so much, thank you!

• red83 says:

Dag cuntface, do you need someone to talk to? wont you go outside and play. Or if ur dyin to talk with a more immediate response i’ll give u my IM. I’m in Iraq and I’m bored enuf to give u the time. LOL

• If women want to be on an equal level then they need to take up for their ish. If you hit a dude or talk talk talk, shit will be a comin. They need to have a voice saying “let me shut the hell up or not be stupid before this nig gives me some act right”.

To your umm god doesn’t build womens bodies to be durable as mens? Have you seen wwe, gina carano, female kick boxing, boxing.

I’m not saying every case is justified, but I’m smart enuff to know it’s not all unjustified. Because I’ve seen and been through things.

• red83 says:

I understand where ur comin from Rick, but the average female is not a kick boxer. It takes women years to get on that level. Me, I’m 25, 5’3, 125. My man is 28, 6’2, 230. A fight between me and him, less I had a crow bar, would be less then fair. And thats all I’m sayin.

• Well it depends where you hit him and how you fight. I know plenty of girls that I’ve gotten hit by and it felt like I got hit by dudes. And they wouldn’t have gotten to that level if they didn’t have it in them in the first place. I’ve seen a homegirl knock a dude out that was bigger than her, because he grabbed her booty.

• DIMEDEVA says:

HEY IM JUST KEEPING IT REAL TO THE CRY BABY T-BONE WITH THAT HORRIBLE TITLE NAME. MAYBE YOUR PROTECTING HER BECAUSE YOU GET HIT ON BY YOUR MAN OR WOMEN I DONT JUDGE(lol)!. SO IF YOU DONT LIKE WHAT I SAID STICK YOUR HEAD UP YOUR ASS. AINT THAT RIGHT RICK LEXINGTON!!! DONT GET ME WRONG I DONT APPRECIATE MEN HITTING ON WOMEN AND WOMEN HITTING ON MEN BUT THATS THEIR SITUATION NOT OURS……ADMN YALL ACTING LIKE HE KILLED HER.

• ashlee says:

wisee the fcuk upp wud ye :| ur gon on like he killed her.. he only hit her jesuss :| everyone hits people.. soo wise up dear;)

• ashlee says:

Im A PAKI

• Willa says:

I AGREE WITH RICK AND RED, ITS NOT RIGHT 4 GURLZ 2 PICK FIGHTS WITH PPL BIGGER THAN EM ( A GURL WOULDN’T PICK A FIGHT WITH A BUTCH HUGE GURL CUZ SHE KNOW SHE’D GET HER A$$ CAKED!!) N A REAL MAN WOULD KNOW NOT 2 PUT HIS HANDS ON A GURL 4 WATEVA REASON, HE CUD WALK AWAY OR SHAKE HER OR VENT BUT NEVER DIDRESPECT, THERE HAS TO BE A LEVEL OF RESPECT 4RM BOTH PARTIES. IF U DON’T GOT THAT THEN U NEED NOT BE 2GETHA…PERIOD.