Home » Screen, Sounds

Movie Tupac wrote in jail finally in production

Submitted by on March 5, 2009 – 2:37 pm8 Comments

2pac_large
Tupac Shakur

While Tupac Shakur was in jail back in 1995 on sexual assault charges, he wrote a screenplay called Live 2 Tell.

As reported by Woooha.com, the screenplay has been circulating around in Hollywood since 2005, shopped directly by Tupac’s mother.

Insomnia Productions finally picked it up and now has the rights to the movie. It is unofficially set to release in 2010.

The movie is not Tupac’s biopic – instead, it’s about a drug kingpin trying to escape his turbulent lifestyle. Here is the official synopsis:

“A charismatic young man at the dawn of adulthood spirals down the wrong path in life and is brought into the underworld by his once trusted mentor, only to become one of the most powerful and feared kingpins in the city. Eventually his conscience gets the better of him and he is driven to self redemption in life… and love”.

Do you think this type of storyline has been overdone?

Tupac’s biopic movie still remains in a legal battle, and it is unclear on if and when it will be produced.

Image: Yours Daily

• I think part of the story line has been over done. But I have a feeling that regaurdless of this fact this is not going to turn out good and pac’s name will be whored out more.

• waterfallprincess says:

i know its gon do well :D

• Remy says:

i seriously doubt if they’ll eva let Tupac die. He been dead for how long & they still on his dick ? movies, shoes, clothing, music. hmmm, maybe next Biggie’s dying wish will be a movie made about… THE SAME DAMN THING

• Veronica says:

nope. this reminds me of the early ninety’s (i’m not that old just 25:) hood movie era. it may have done well then but not so much now. Plus i agree with Rick about them wearin it out. Let the man rest. i went to watch biggie’s movie, which ofcourse apposed to this was sposed to be audobiographical, and it killed it for me. First off i was in my early teens when big was big, and I had a much harder image of him then that movie portrayed, and then there were so many young ass kids in the theater that had no idea nor respect. Its been over a decade for both of them now, I wish people would stop trying to bank off of them and let them rip. besides, between them and now we’ve seen many a great rappers, they just haven’t been killed. its not like they were the last.

• Kenkay says:

Yes, the storyline has been overdone!

• sandra says:

I think anything that has to do with tupac is great he is not getting love in memory like biggie to me and tupac is still the greatest like micheal jordan in basketball

• Dave P. says:

People, just give it a rest. Although Pac passed on and I’m not a fan of his, give this unborn movie a chance to be born in theaters so you can watch it and be the judge of it. I know it is not even in production as of yet and ppl begin to criticize it. Come on, let the movie be made and then WE judge it for ourselves. I’ll be cool if a biopic of Pac will come out.

In “Notorious”, he was portrayed as an antagonist, while BIG was the protagonist. some die-hard Pac fans aren’t so happy about it, for they never seen his “other” side.

• Chloe says:

I loved Tupac…you know? I used to here people say they seen Tupac and he was still alive, wait seven years. Then when he didn’t make a comeback or anything, I knew he was gone for real. I miss and love Tupac. I support anything with his name on it because when he alive, he was a real man and he was also (genuine. I think I spelled it right…)