Home » Screen, Society

Nick Cannon announces major deal with Nickelodeon

Submitted by on March 12, 2009 – 9:31 am8 Comments

nick_cannon3

Nick Cannon

Nick Cannon has been announced as honorary chairman of TEENick in a huge deal with Nickelodeon

Cannon will create, star, produce and direct original programming for Nickelodeon’s TEENick network, including original TV movies, series and specials such as The Halo Awards

The N, Nickelodeon’s 24-hour TV network for teens, will officially be renamed TEENick later this year.

“I started my career here at Nickelodeon and am so excited to be back, serving as an integral part of TEENick as the in-house voice and representative for teens everywhere,” says Cannon.

“TEENick is their network and I am here to make sure this is an ultimate destination for and about them.”

The network’s groundbreaking two-year deal with Cannon, which begins immediately, positions him in front of the camera and behind the desk as
Honorary Chairman of The N as it transforms into TEENick.

Cannon also will host and executive produce TEENick’s Halo Awards, a new hour-long special celebrating ordinary teens who make a difference in the world. In addition, Cannon will serve as executive producer on a new original two-hour TV movie for Nickelodeon which is currently in development.

Are you a fan of Nick Cannon? If so, let us know why and if not, do the same!

• Dacitychic says:

I really believe that this will be something very positive for young adults, and I also believe he is the one to do it. Can’t hate on nick, the shows that he produces are very entertaining so as long as he isn’t rapping and its something positive I support him.

• Boss Lady says:

Dacitychic:

I definitely agree. People like to clown on stars like Will Smith, Nick Cannon, etc for being “corny” but in a world filled with way too much negativity, their efforts help balance things out.

~Boss Lady

• Eric says:

I still remember all the Nick shows…..All That, Kenan & Kel, ans etc…

• Hennessy'sdaname says:

I’m really proud of this movement.
    And you’re right Boss Lady, people do like to clown on those
    who are “corny” because the news they make are
    positive.
    I also have to give Nick his props cause he’s always doing
    something instead of sitting on his butt, acting out
    or doing something stupid somewhere.

• Your right bosslady. Everything is negative.

I think it’s a good move. Nick is a good buisness man… People talk ish but look at the mans credits and look at all the people who talk ish credits. Plus right now nickelodean is making moves with their teen talent anyways so this is just another step in the right direction.

• Kenkay says:

Well I can’t speak for anyone else but I know the reasons why I “use” to diss Nick Cannon and it sure wasn’t because of him being a good business man or doing anything positive.

When he 1st came on the scene he would always say “corny” ish during interviews, rhymes were “corny”, and he couldn’t act! I remember almost a couple of yrs ago he said the reason he would never get a tattoo is because his body was a temple and blah blah blah. Same “corny” ish as usual and look what he did after he married Mariah… got a tattoo bigger than all mines combined, LMAO!!!

Anyway, lately he’s been cool and most definitely made one of the most power moves of all time by marrying Mariah!! Whether the love is real or not that’s still a good look for him however you look at it.

Nothing too negative about recognizing a “cornball” when you see one. What are you going to do, smile and say with a gentle voice “hey, looka there… he sure is a positive cornball, I tell ya”?!?!

• Chris J The Genius says:

Nick needs to take control of Nickelodeon itself, and bring back the good ol’ days when everything they had was tight, and a good majority of the shows were URBAN! Kenan and Kel, All That, Cousin Skeeter… That’s when they were the ish. Now they wanna be the Disney channel without that Hannah Montana guh.

• NiTA_BOo-=[ says:

SHYYT U TOOK DA WORDZ RYTE OUTTA Mi MOUTH.. iLL CO-SiGN TA DAT.