Home » Silly, Sports

Would you get your lover’s name tattooed?

Submitted by on April 1, 2009 – 10:52 am36 Comments

mariah-and-nick-in-bac3e76
Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon

Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon were spotted frolicking around in Barbados this week, celebrating her 39th birthday.

What do you think the “Mariah” tattoo on Nick’s back?

Where do you stand on getting your significant other’s name tattooed? Have you done it, or would you ever consider it?

Peep more pics of the giddy couple:

mariah-and-nick-in-bac3e7a

mariah-and-nick-in-bac3e7e

Images: Bossip

• luxurylife says:

I think thats not a good idea especially in hollywood marriages where they are hot today but cool off tommorow I mean even if you are in love you do have to be so OUT about it? Dude is going a lil overboard on this one and she didnt do it!!! Shame on you Nick thought you knew tha game!!!!

• Jada says:

I thought about doing it until my husband and I separated. Glad I didnt do it. And I would never think of doing it again.

• star da el says:

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NAWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I wouldn’t tattoo any man name on my body that i wasn’t blood related to. I know plenty of people whos done that and when they broke up they were stuck with the tat on their body. Maybe after several years of marriage and i know it’s the real thing. Plus i hate to go out with a dude who has his ex bitch name on his body, its a turn off.

• Rick Lexington aka Noble626 says:

Yeah if it’s not a good blood relative a really good homie that passed away then hell no. Only exception would be ivanka trump. Cause if we did divorce I’d want everyone to know I got that lol.

• DURK NIGGLER says:

DO YOU REALIZE HOW MANY NAMES I WOULD HAVE ON MY BODY

• yung albino says:

i’d only put a lovers name on my body if she passed away as a sign of rememberance

• Hairhustler says:

Learn to make the sharp “Steve Harvey” type of shape up.

Hairhustler.com

• good dude says:

I can’t do a tatoo. But that’s not what caught my eye. At 39 Mrs. Cannon still got it. If they divorce, I got next.

• People fails to realize that shit don’t last forever. Who in they right mind would get tatted up. Big @ that. Sumthin small won’t hurt. Wtf.

• dadecounty says:

i would, i mean if me and a dude love each other that much, of course, BUT he would definitely have to get MY name tatted on him as well in a visible place so that everyone knows he’s my man, ya digg?
    and to the comment above me….i agree, it is a lil bigger that what i would have in mind LOL

• Lee Lee says:

Honestly I wouldnt even WANT the person Im wit to have my name on them…. Nicks mariah tattoo is pretty drastic i mean damn what if they break up that tat is HUGE! I agree with the above: Passed homies, fam or lovers that have passed are all acceptable. Living? Hell 2 the naw.

• Northface says:

Well my husband has my name big on him but not like that & we’ve been married for 10 years going on 11 so I can say I’m a fan of it… he also has his daughters name on him too!

• Veronica says:

Dead husband whoes children I bore, maybe. Lol. I’m on a blogging spree tonite, can’t sleep.

• Veronica says:

Oh and I’m glad Mariah’s having fun, good for her.

• Chloe says:

I wouldn’t tattoo my lovers or my husbands name on me for nothing in this world. No real reason, but that I just won’t do it.

• D-Zilla says:

That’s a big no-no, especially if you’re a celebrity. imagine if they broke up or divorce, nick cannon will be like, “what I’ve done?” btw, he should wear board shorts instead of jean shorts in the beach, for denim shorts are heavier once they get soaked with water, although I dig the jean shorts itself.

• Jisselle says:

if you really love the person and there your eveything i really dont see why not !

• linda says:

all you guys get a life mindyour own business you girls just hating cuz a guy wouldnt do that for you

• monica says:

i dnt thnk muc of it. its kute but in most hollywood marriges they dnt last long the only couple that hav stayed 2getheter is WILL AND JADA PINKETT SMITh. eva1 else broke up split up and stufff.

• Shaquena Horace says:

My ex has his ex name tattooed on him and he’s having it removed. I don’t like it. I refuse to be with him for the rest of my life with another woman’s name on his body and I have to be the one to see it. I’m not going to even play that game.