Home » Silly, Sports

Would you get your lover’s name tattooed?

Submitted by on April 1, 2009 – 10:52 am36 Comments

mariah-and-nick-in-bac3e76
Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon

Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon were spotted frolicking around in Barbados this week, celebrating her 39th birthday.

What do you think the “Mariah” tattoo on Nick’s back?

Where do you stand on getting your significant other’s name tattooed? Have you done it, or would you ever consider it?

Peep more pics of the giddy couple:

mariah-and-nick-in-bac3e7a

mariah-and-nick-in-bac3e7e

Images: Bossip

• luxurylife says:

I think thats not a good idea especially in hollywood marriages where they are hot today but cool off tommorow I mean even if you are in love you do have to be so OUT about it? Dude is going a lil overboard on this one and she didnt do it!!! Shame on you Nick thought you knew tha game!!!!

• Jada says:

I thought about doing it until my husband and I separated. Glad I didnt do it. And I would never think of doing it again.

• star da el says:

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NAWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I wouldn’t tattoo any man name on my body that i wasn’t blood related to. I know plenty of people whos done that and when they broke up they were stuck with the tat on their body. Maybe after several years of marriage and i know it’s the real thing. Plus i hate to go out with a dude who has his ex bitch name on his body, its a turn off.

• Rick Lexington aka Noble626 says:

Yeah if it’s not a good blood relative a really good homie that passed away then hell no. Only exception would be ivanka trump. Cause if we did divorce I’d want everyone to know I got that lol.

• DURK NIGGLER says:

DO YOU REALIZE HOW MANY NAMES I WOULD HAVE ON MY BODY

• yung albino says:

i’d only put a lovers name on my body if she passed away as a sign of rememberance

• Hairhustler says:

Learn to make the sharp “Steve Harvey” type of shape up.

Hairhustler.com

• good dude says:

I can’t do a tatoo. But that’s not what caught my eye. At 39 Mrs. Cannon still got it. If they divorce, I got next.

• SexcT@w@n@ says:

People fails to realize that shit don’t last forever. Who in they right mind would get tatted up. Big @ that. Sumthin small won’t hurt. Wtf.

• dadecounty says:

i would, i mean if me and a dude love each other that much, of course, BUT he would definitely have to get MY name tatted on him as well in a visible place so that everyone knows he’s my man, ya digg?
    and to the comment above me….i agree, it is a lil bigger that what i would have in mind LOL

• Lee Lee says:

Honestly I wouldnt even WANT the person Im wit to have my name on them…. Nicks mariah tattoo is pretty drastic i mean damn what if they break up that tat is HUGE! I agree with the above: Passed homies, fam or lovers that have passed are all acceptable. Living? Hell 2 the naw.

• Northface says:

Well my husband has my name big on him but not like that & we’ve been married for 10 years going on 11 so I can say I’m a fan of it… he also has his daughters name on him too!

• Veronica says:

Dead husband whoes children I bore, maybe. Lol. I’m on a blogging spree tonite, can’t sleep.

• Veronica says:

Oh and I’m glad Mariah’s having fun, good for her.

• Chloe says:

I wouldn’t tattoo my lovers or my husbands name on me for nothing in this world. No real reason, but that I just won’t do it.

• D-Zilla says:

That’s a big no-no, especially if you’re a celebrity. imagine if they broke up or divorce, nick cannon will be like, “what I’ve done?” btw, he should wear board shorts instead of jean shorts in the beach, for denim shorts are heavier once they get soaked with water, although I dig the jean shorts itself.

• Jisselle says:

if you really love the person and there your eveything i really dont see why not !

• linda says:

all you guys get a life mindyour own business you girls just hating cuz a guy wouldnt do that for you

• monica says:

i dnt thnk muc of it. its kute but in most hollywood marriges they dnt last long the only couple that hav stayed 2getheter is WILL AND JADA PINKETT SMITh. eva1 else broke up split up and stufff.

• Shaquena Horace says:

My ex has his ex name tattooed on him and he’s having it removed. I don’t like it. I refuse to be with him for the rest of my life with another woman’s name on his body and I have to be the one to see it. I’m not going to even play that game.

• justkeepingitreal says:

i agree with linda yall girls are just hatin on them cause no man eva tried to do that for yall n the guys are just acting tough… when you fall in love the whole game has changed and you see everythang differently,im in love and i got my wifes name across my forearm… its a two way tatt that says her name one way and true love the other way…

• bikilling says:

i belive its a good idea especially two ppl in love …. one day ill get a tatoo of ma guy nameits so romantic

• Donoenelm says:

Good article, amazing looking weblog, added it to my favorites.

• sexygurls says:

Nick is the sexy man on Earth. And Mariah kows have 2pick them. I luv her 2be caus she is the beaiful woman on Earth

• *Loving*Life* says:

I would never get a mans name tatted on me, especially that big! I would get some kind of symbol that meant something to the both of us. Something that I wouldn’t have to worry about if we ever broke up, ya know.

• *Tattoo*Mama* says:

I want to add something to the things people are saying. I do agree that its really romantic to get a guys name tatted on you if you are 100% deeply & truely in love. I don’t think I would do it myself, but a symbol would be cute. Say I got a heart, and put a J inside of it. It doesnt just have to stand for JOHN, it could also stand for OUR LORD JESUS…or my homegirl Jessica!!! lol. I think that NICK getting MARIAH tatted on his back was sweet!!! You can tell that they are truey & deeply in love!!! Look @ those pictures!!!

• angelaa says:

damn big booty jutie dnt loose your hand up in there watch out nikka

• aereille says:

yes but then i say no because u dont kno want might happhen they or any one else will break up or get a divorvce

• Reece says:

whats so wrong about this….thats no different than gettin married you do it cause you love the person and you dont know if it’ll last you just do it hoping that things wont change and if they do you go through hell tryna get a divorce…i swear everyone who says its stupid are idiots…you can say its dumb but who are you to say that. why you think they have tattoo removal now-a-days. people need to open they eyes and just see the positives in life. this is exactly why the world has problems now…if it aint one thing its another…stop listening to what the media says and live freely people….do what you feel is best for you not everyone…if you think its bad to get tatted dont get tatted…but dont judge someone else for doing so…READ THE BIBLE…( yes i said it ) and im glad i bought religion in it…cry about that..

• youtube says:

Wonderful posting, well written I must say.

• waqas gill says:

please send my name tatoo on my email my name is waqas gill thanks

• Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon your web site and in accession capital to assert that I get in fact enjoyed account your blog posts. Any way I will be subscribing to your feeds and even I achievement you access consistently fast.

• deeply_in_Luv says:

If & when I get married, I would get my husbands name tattooed on me. Am I one of the only ppl left in this world that still believes marriage can work? Why get married if you really dont want to spend the rest of your life with someone?!…. Divorce is too easy these days!

True love DOES still exist and CAN last “TILL DEATH DO US PART”, and if you are worried about all the what ifs that could happen then maybe you are with the wrong person?

No disrespect to anyone, its just my opinion.

XOXOXO

• Nenaa Hernandez says:

I don’t see anything wrong with getting a guy or girls name tatted on you. I’m gettin my only loves name tatted sometime this month and we aren’t together only because hes locked up. Not sure for how long but if he gets life i just want him to know he still has someone at home. I love this guy and he loves me. I’m getting his & he’s getting mine. People shouldn’t judge celebrities or non celebs. Love does exist.

• I assure you that you will feel no pain at all.What horrible weather!I’m his fanTo be honest with you£¬I’m twenty.It seems all right.Is that why you don’t want to go home?Is that why you don’t want to go home?She is a composer for the harp.What’s your trouble? Why don’t I pick you up at your house?

• Cheap Gucci says:

How did Mary make all of her money?Example is better than precept.What do you think? There’ll be some sport reviews on TV.Don’t keep the truth from me.We two finished a bottle of wine.We two finished a bottle of wine.Bless you!Brevity is the soul of wit.There being no one to help me, I had to do it all alone.