Home » Silly, Sounds

South Park gets Kanye

Submitted by on April 10, 2009 – 11:19 am5 Comments

kanyegayfish_l
Kanye West on South Park

South Park went hard at Kanye‘s ego recently, among other notions about the artist, in their usual offensive yet hilarious way.

If you haven’t caught the episode, there’s a clip below.

Apparently watching the episode caused somewhat of a revelation for Kanye – the following was taken from his own blog:

“SOUTH PARK MURDERED ME LAST NIGHT AND IT’S PRETTY FUNNY. IT HURTS MY FEELINGS BUT WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM SOUTH PARK!
I ACTUALLY HAVE BEEN WORKING ON MY EGO THOUGH. HAVING THE CRAZY EGO IS PLAYED OUT AT THIS POINT IN MY LIFE AND CAREER. I USE TO USE IT TO BUILD UP MY ESTEEM WHEN NOBODY BELIEVED IN ME. NOW THAT PEOPLE DO BELIEVE AND SUPPORT MY MUSIC AND PRODUCTS THE BEST RESPONSE IS THANK YOU INSTEAD OF “I TOLD YOU SO!!!” IT’S COOL TO TALK SHIT WHEN YOU’RE RAPPING BUT NOT IN REAL LIFE. WHEN YOU MEET LITTLE WAYNE IN PERSON HE’S THE NICEST GUY FOR EXAMPLE. I JUST WANNA BE A DOPER PERSON WHICH STARTS WITH ME NOT ALWAYS TELLING PEOPLE HOW DOPE I THINK I AM. I NEED TO JUST GET PAST MYSELF. DROP THE BRAVADO AND JUST MAKE DOPE PRODUCT. EVERYTHING IS NOT THAT SERIOUS. AS LONG AS PEOPLE THINK I ACT LIKE A BITCH THIS TYPE OF SHIT WILL HAPPEN TO ME. I GOT A LONG ROAD AHEAD OF ME TO MAKE PEOPLE BELIEVE I’M NOT ACTUALLY A HUGE DOUCHE BUT I’M UP FOR THE CHALLENGE. I’M SURE THE WRITERS AT SOUTH PARK ARE REALLY NICE PEOPLE IN REAL LIFE. THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO DRAW MY CREW. THAT WAS PRETTY FUNNY ALSO!! I’M SURE THERE’S GRAMMATICAL ERRORS IN THIS… THAT’S HOW YOU KNOW IT’S ME!”

Do you like Kanye West?

Image: Entertainment Weekly

• star da el says:

I like some tracks of Kanyes in his past albums, His recent album sucked though. As 4 his personality, I don’t know tha man, but 4rom what they show on his interviews he’s a whinny individual, i’ve been track jacked and I dont cry as much as he do, and he’s rich and famous! I think south park hit it on da head. Oh yeah, and tha space age urkel look isn’t workin 4 him. I’m just happy he finally cut his hair. Kanye go back to your classic swagger look

• Rick Lexington says:

Here’s my thing with kanye. It’s not so much the cocky and ish talking. It’s that HE DOESN’T BACK IT. He either pansy’s out or just doesn’t deliver. He does that a lot. Another thing is that it comes off as a “hey everyone look at me, look what I did” type of thing. Lately he’s like the attention whore of hip hop. Now everyone is like whatever. So it’s not that I dislike him, it’s more of a disappointment.

• victoria esteve (remember that name) says:

that was the dumbest episode of south park…

• Veronica says:

Uuuhh Ohhh Viacom gottem again! lol

• gotsole17 says:

that gay fish joke was SOOOOO fckn wack. “What are you,, a GAY FISH!?!” fck outta here.