Home » Society, Sounds

Nas & Kelis headed for divorce

Submitted by on May 1, 2009 – 9:54 am6 Comments

nas-kelis11
Nas and Kelis

According to HipHopDX.com, Nas and Kelis are reportedly splitting up after being married just under six years.

“I can confirm that she has filed for divorce,” said a spokesperson for Kelis to Vibe magazine. “We request the media to respect her privacy during this very difficult time”.

An attorney filed a divorce upon Kelis‘ behalf, citing irreconcilable differences.

The hip hop power couple is expecting a son together this July, as we featured in this previous post.

Is this shocking news to you or what?

Image: Nah Right

• Lee Lee says:

This is sad I thought they went well together!

• Yeah that does suck, especially for the kid.

• Chris J The Genius says:

Wow. I didn’t want to believe it when I first heard it but the news has hit the whole internet, credible and less-than-credible sources. I really feel for both of them because I was happy to see a Black couple doing well and ready to raise a son together. One of the major problems in our community is the lack of COMPLETE families, with all fundamental members present: mother, father (together as a loving and united front), and child. With that said, I don’t want to be insensitive, but I have to wonder, albeit somewhat selfishly, what kind of music will come of this personal trauma. To quote Nas himself,
    “This is what came from their pain
    From their hurt we gain
    An unfair exchange”

• MzStrader says:

WTF, I though everything was going so good, and they look so cute together!

• Kenkay says:

Nothing is shocking anymore to me and expect a book to drop from Kelis within a couple of years…

• miss mia says:

that was my favorite couple. i love kelis, she is my favorite singer! i heard the news my way back from new orleans. so sad!