Home » Silly

Eminem & Bruno incident was staged?

Submitted by on June 3, 2009 – 10:19 am15 Comments

eminemandbruno

Many of you may have seen or heard about the incident at the 2009 MTV Movie Awards, involving Sacha Baron Cohen in his “Bruno” character and Eminem.

If not, take a peek at this video:

There has been speculation that the incident was staged, even though Eminem did not look like he was playing around.

Yesterday the head writer for the show confirmed that the incident was indeed planned!

“Yes, the Eminem-Bruno incident was staged,” MTV Awards head writer Scott Aukerman says on his blog. “They rehearsed it at dress (rehearsal) and yes, it went as far as it did on the live show.”

Apparently Paris Hilton was the first choice for the stunt, but she declined.

Neither Sacha nor Eminem have spoken on this yet, and Scott’s post has since been removed from his blog.

If indeed he did agree to this participate, does Eminem lose cool points for this?

• Dime says:

LOL that pic is priceless

• Doesn’t really bother me. But yeah it was staged. Seriously if there was a tall half naked birdman slowly descending onto you. You’d be out. For the love of god if bush can dodge shoes, em can dodge the butt angel of death. It’s eminem so it’s whatever.

• veronica says:

WELL>> Three options;

1. It was absolutely staged by MTV but Eminem was surprised and really pissed and embarassed. You can never live down balls in your face. Years from now, when you google him, this is what you’ll see.

2. It was staged by both parties for Bruno to land in Em’s lap but not in that nature, in which case Em still was pissed for the same reason as above. OR

3.MTV is telling the truth and Em knew he was gonna have balls in his face which is really gay and not funny, but still embaressing. How will balls in your face help you sell records?

• @ veronica

I am forced to do this.

1. If paris and kim can, then eminem can.

3. I think it actually helped paris hilton sell albums.

Had to get it out of my system. I am good now.

Sorry dr jays I had to do it. I just read the keep it clean part, but since there’s balls in his face, I figure that’s out the window.

• Dee says:

veronica:
    “Either way I’m sure many celebrities felt a great triumph after being heckled by Em for so long and my opinion most of his music is garbage anyway. He used the element of surprise his first album and nothing he says now hasn’t been said before.”

Y do u have to say things like that and staart an argument.. bloody hell…

• veronica says:

Lol. Why is it an argument? I said in MY OPINION.. That doesn’t mean anyone has to agree. And Rick, I didn’t even know I could say balls, I thought it would get bleeped out and yall would assume.

Your number 1 was sooo true, lol. I didn’t think about it like that but your right. Maybe you can rephrase number 2 so we can read it. And number 3, I don’t think this helps in the hip hop genre, I don’t know you tell me. Do you feel MORE inclined to buy his CD now then before?

• veronica says:

Oh wait i see there was no number 2. Well i don’t see anything bad about what you said…

• Yup veronica there was no #2. Yeah I’m not aching to purchase the m&m cd. If I hear a few more songs that I like then I will. I don’t think it’s going to hurt hip hop any. It might hurt his sales with one demographic but help in another.

• veronica says:

No, I don’t mean it’ll hurt hip hop as a WHOLE, I mean as a hip hop ARTIST this wouldn’t help his sales PERSONALLY. You compared it to Paris and Kim but they’re not coming out with rap music….nor are they men….you know how homophobe most American men are.

• RealDeal says:

I agree with Rick saying if it wasn’t staged then Em would of been out off there before he could land. I know I would of been gone! lol

As far as loosing cool points, I don’t think Em was ever really “cool”. He can be entertaining and has a few good songs and a lot of bad ones!

from what I have heard of the new album its not that great at all. The only song I really was feelin was “Beautiful”.

• Well it’s kind of like this:

You got the people that are his fans because they respect his serious lyrics, battle lyrical talent and the way he will approach an issue. These same people over look some of the vids, because it’s a music video he’s playing a character whatever, aside from that he’s one of the most ballsy artist ever and will stick up for an issue in a way where it grabs you and it doesn’t sound like a lecture but stays in your head like a lecture is ment to. I doubt these same people will overlook him taking part in something where there’s balls to his chin.

Then you have the people that don’t necessarily listen to him for the serious lyrics, but they’re into for the antics he does and the names he mentions and the other comedic, light hearted etc. They’ll probably like the skit, get his album then proceed to go on a random rash of tea baggings while wearing angel wings and doing a borat accent. Keep your eyes open on youtube lol.

• yeah real.
    Beautiful is a dope song, there was one other one I heard but the others I’m not really sure on

• priscilla says:

of coarse its staged everything on mtv is…..thought ya’ll knew that by now. but i think eminem kinda liked it

• veronica says:

Well on thisis50.com in an interview Em says it was all planned and a big joke. If he’s saying it honestly it gives me a wierd Tom Green/ jacka$$ vibe. Oh well, never liked him anyway.

• LoL!! I dnt care nor know if it was staged, but it was soooo funny!!