And the winner of the Luxirie & COOGI Friday Freebie is…

Submitted by on June 26, 2009 – 12:53 pm22 Comments

luxirie_mainmain

UPDATE: The winner of this Friday Freebie is Natalie Medina!

Congratulations Natalie! Stay tuned for more Friday Freebies.

It’s Friday Freebie time again, and this one’s for the ladies…

In a couple of sentences, tell us which female public figure (past or present) you idolize and why.

The winner of this freebie will receive these two size M colorful summer tops from Luxirie by LRG and COOGI:

lrg

coogi

It could be a politician, singer, actor – anyone!

The winner will be chosen and announced Monday evening at approximately 6pm.

Good luck to all!

See more from Luxirie and COOGI on DrJays.com:

4214456
Hoodie Jumpsuit with Giraffe Lining by Luxirie

4158106
Authentic Luxe Sport Small Satchel by COOGI

4183901

Skinny Bermuda Acid Wash Short by Luxirie

4194236
Off Shoulder Dress by COOGI

• dequilla perry says:

I idolize Judge Karen because she is honest and tell it like it is and she is an inspiration to the black community.She makes me feel like its easy to go to law school and become a judge or anything else I would like to be.

• Alicia Samuel says:

A female public figure I idolize is Hillary Clinton, for the fact that out of all the first ladies, Hillary stood out. Hillary was her own person, she wasn’t just the presidents wife she was her own person. Hillary had her own image, she did alot to help society. I believe Hillary makes a great aspect to life and that she should be given the title as “Every Women”.

• monique boyce says:

love dr. jays.

• maya nakia says:

i dont idolize anyone, but the woman i admired most and have high respect 4 is angela davis. angela davis was a black panther, she was a great example of not only black women helping to uplift a fallen downtrodded people but she was a prime example of feminism, showing the world that women of all colors have a voice. sistaz are doin it 4 themselves, and will continue to!

• I idolize Ms.Kym Worthy. Ms Worthy is a five star Prosecuting Attorney. When she was a Judge many feared going before her she gets her props and she does a job well. She has made me want to get out there and reach my full capability.

• K. MARTIN says:

Sandra Day O’Connor is tops on my list she has with stood the tests of time while being the only woman on the Supreme Court and holding her own for years. She has shown strength, courage, and integrity and still to this day she is going strong. To sum it all up she is a quietly determined woman who has blazed new trails for her sex.

• Da'ja says:

Aaliyah who was a great singer,dancer,actress,and performer is the woman that I idolize and look up to so much.
    She had a positive spirit and touched so many people through her music.
    Her hardwork and dedication at such a young age inspires me to never give up on my dreams as a young person and to always stay humble and appreciate life and everything it has to offer.
    Rest in Peace
    ~Baby Girl~

• ©Love says:

Michelle Obama is without question the quintessential female idol. As First Lady and a graduate of Princeton and Harvard Law School, Michelle is providing just as much hope for women of color as her husband is for men of the same. She isn’t willing to take a backseat to Barack and her humanitarian and political efforts speak volumes to her character and caring nature. On top of all that, she’s bringing a freshly sleek and chic style to the White House that hasn’t been seen since the long-gone days of Jackie Kennedy. Intelligent, generous, sophisticated and stylish, Michelle Obama is giving out a positive image for both the Black community and women, demonstrating the power and beauty they hold at the absolute highest level in America.

• natalie medina says:

The person I have to say I idolize, hands down would have to be Oprah, yeah I know people may say why Oprah?? and I say because she came from so much hardship, she has survived any obstacle that has came her way, being sexual abuse as a child repeately living in poverty and having no one to run to, and just feeling abandoned.. However she did not let that hold her back, she is now a successful women that beat the odds.. I truly idolize her becasue she is all about giving back and making a difference. Oprah has opened numerous schools all around the country, so underprivliged poeverty struck children can have an education. Shes also donated one million dollars to help the families in need. She has Angels netwirk which she works hand and hand with. There are so many things I can say that she has done in order to try and make a difference in this world. I could go on whether it be her magazine or her talk show….I think she great and has made a difference in so many ways to try and empower people of all ages to strive for the best and dont let anyone tell you different! If I do not win..thats fine but at least you took the time to read this and hopefully you understand my reasons for choosing Oprah

• ruby says:

i idolize Michelle Obama because she didnt grow up with rich or sucessful parents but she didn’t group up poor with just a mother either. She lived a regular life and went off to be sucessful and a idol to women everywhere. Michelle is a very strong person also because she is the first(african american)lady of the United States and she is human, and we humans do make mistakes and messup but Michelle has been such an impowering role model to teenagers and women everywhere because she hasn’t done anything for anyone to truly hate her as a person. Overall i think she is just a amazing woman from what i know and heard of her.

• Emani Rijo says:

Michelle Obama is a woman I idolize. She is a role model not for only african american women but all women. She has incredible style and grace and is highly intelligent, graduating from two Ivy league schools. I would love to be as influential and graceful ass her. She has truly help change the perception of what a black family can achieve!

• natalie medina says:

Someone I idolize would have to be my mother Im 22 and for the longest my mother has been and achoholic and has been addicted to drugs. I have seen her at her worst. From falling and tripping from her long nites to being physically abused by her boyfriends. Before I hated her and did not undestand why, why she has chose this lifesyle, and Then I learn it was a disease not a choice and she needed alot of help. I was determined to help and thougt she needs someone to be there so I bottled up all my anger and set it aside. I began to reconnect with her at about the age of 21 because at about 14, she basically abandoned me and my siblings. I looked for her day and night for about a weeks and final found her passed out at a park. I took her with me. After looking and looking I finally was able to get her into a program.. She ran and ran the second and the third time, but I fiannly pleaded with her and she agreed to just try and stay, but she told me it was the scariest thing she had ever done in her life, she has only known one life and one life only,, the life that was killing her.. Finally after alot of tears she agreed to go back at her own will. Its been almost a year since that day and she finallt sobered up. She is not at 44 seeing life for the first time. She is working and even speaks to teens at high schools about what drugs and drinking and living in the fast lane can do to you in life.. I am so proud of her. She has beat the odds and I hope she will continue to stay on the right path. I idolize my mother and love her unconditionally.

• quana says:

i idolize keyshia cole because she didnt change after becoming a
    star.she helped out and stayed with her family through thick and thin.keyshia didnt put up a front from were she came.keyshia understand how it is growing up struggling and thats why i look up to her because she doesnt paint this picture perfect life.keyshia cole sa href=”" title=”">

peaks the truth.

• Risse says:

One woman that I truly idolize is Oprah. Not because she is a billionaire and has money. Oprah overcame a lot of obstacles before she became famous. Everything that she went through makes her the strong African American woman role model she is today. She just shows that you can accomplish your dreams and goals. She is one of the many female celebrities that are always portrayed in a positive way. Just seeing everything she went through and overcame, inspires me to continue to keep pushing for success in my life.

• Krissy says:

The woman that I idolize is Keri Hilson. I love her style and her I-don’t-give-a-shit attitude.

• SUNiTA says:

THE PERSON i ADMiRE MOST OF ALL HAS TO BE ROSA PARKS.. i KNO iT SEEMS ELEMENTARY,BUT WiTHOUT HER AND ALL OF THE OTHER COURAGEOUS BLACK LEADERS iN AMERiCA AT THE TiME, NO OTHER AFRiCAN AMERiCAN WOMAN YOU COULD THiNK OF WOULD HAVE MADE iT AS FAR AS THEY HAVE. iF iT WASN’T FOR HER STANDiNG UP TO THE RACiST PEOPLE OF HER TiME, THERE WOULD HAVE BEEN A MUCH DiFFERENT STORY TO TELL ABOUT ALL OF THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE BEEN POSTED HERE TODAY, WHETHER THEY BE WHiTE, BLACK, LATiNO, OR ANY OTHER RACE. ROSA PARKS EMANATES FEMALE POWER AND THE WiLL TO BE TREATED AS AN EQUAL. HER, ALONG WiTH MANY OTHERS HELP TO BRiNG OUT THE STRENGTH iN EVERY WOMAN. SHE iS A “PHENOMENAL WOMAN.”

• Lee Lee says:

This one might seem strange but I really admire Amelia Earhart. She was fearless and accomplished so much in her lifetime. She broke down gender barriers and proved that women are just as capable as men at doing ANYTHING. Especially the era in whch she lived this was a huge step for womens respect in the workforce. She was also the first person to fly over the atlantic solo CAN YOU IMAGINE what a feat. And the planes back then were not as safe and did not have the technology we have today. I find her life and career fascinating. She was truely a pioneer and a remarkable individual.

• Jazzy says:

I idolize Maya Angelou. I idolize her because I am an upcoming poetry writer and she continues to inspire me. She has written a great deal of poetry books, she’s an educater, civil rights activist, and many more. One of my favorite books of hers is a book called Heart Of A Woman. She speaks on many topics in this book that can bring light to any dark situation. Maya Angelou inspires me to feel what i am writing and thats why she is an idol to me.

• Zoe says:

One of my female idols is Beyonce Knowles. Even though she is super famous and has an amazing voice & is so beautiful, I can tell she is also an amazing person. I went to her concert with my mum not long ago and she sang this song and she was almost crying because she said how much she loved her fans and i could tell she really ment it. She made me tear up, but I didn’t cry (almost). She is also one of the celebrities that never gets in trouble. She makes me feel good about myself and is such a major inspiration in my life.
    <3 BEYONCE KNOWLES <3

• Sara says:

I idolize Oprah Winfrey because she is a person that came from nothing and most of us women can relate to her. She is a greatly appreciated and well respected humanittarean and is still making all the difference in many youth’s lives.

• I know this is for the ladies. But whose to say a guy can’t idolize a female. I know I’ll get flack for this choice too. I’d say Britney spears is one of my female idols. Just for the balls to say F this I need a break then endure the mass amount of crap thrown at her and then comeback stronger than ever after people said she couldn’t. Oh and she’s following me on twitter lol.

• Raven Barber says:

The woman that I idolize the most is Oprah Winfrey. She is a woman of integrity and congeniality. She was very dispositioned as a child being that she was not brought up in the type of wealth that surrounds her today, and was raped by one of her own family members. Though, through her troubles she is a reminder for any woman today that no matter what type of troubles going on in your life right now, there is a way for you to make it out. She is an example of making it to the top legally, professionally, and without harming others. And, this woman did not have to use some sob story to get her there. But, when she did become famous she also never forgot where she came from and was not ashamed to express her troubles, and is now helping others to express themselves.