Get To Know: Sean John model Miguel Perdomo

Submitted by on July 2, 2009 – 9:58 am12 Comments

48492d0741b4b
Miguel Perdomo

Known as “the first Dominican Male Supermodel”, Miguel Perdomo sort of “fell into” modeling about five years ago.

After repeatedly being stopped and asked whether he was a model, he decided to try his hand at it.

Chris Collins, a Ralph Lauren model and friend of Miguel’s, helped the aspiring model get his foot in the door by walking the runway at a Phat Farm show.

The rest is history.

Since then, the Paterson, NJ native has had constant work for brands like COOGI, Calvin Klein, AZZURE and more.

470cfeff147aa

Azzure got Miguel’s face on nationwide billboards and publications, which lead to his increased popularity.

Eventually, Sean John expressed interest in the aspiring model. Diddy met with Miguel himself and signed him on.

He has since been referred to as the “face of Sean John”, being one of the brand’s top models. He was in their ad campaigns for the past two years, and is currently working on the 2009 fall campaign.

Miguel also spends time participating in various charitable organizations, such as lending a hand to youth at his local YMCA, and contributing to the “Dominican Tornado Relief”.

Find out more about Miguel Perdomo below, such as his style turn-ons and turn-offs, as well as tips for our male readers on how to dress!

46087083c22531

DrJays.com: What career could you see yourself in if it wasn’t modeling?

Miguel: I would be a graphic designer. As we speak, that’s what I’m working towards, so when I’m done modeling, I will be very much involved in graphic design. I’m also currently working on my own t-shirt line.

DrJays.com: You’ve mentioned that you’re grateful for being one of the key faces of Sean John since you’re a fan of the line. What other brands are you into?

Miguel: I’m into a lot of brands like Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Public School, KAWS, Billionaire Boys Club, Ice Cream and my new favorite Play Cloth. I liki underground brands much more than mainstream ones. I appreciate the passion that goes behind them, as opposed to a shirt that just says “GUCCI!”. I’m a graphic head, so I need some creativeness to my clothes!

play-cloth-spring-2009-collection-front1

Play Cloth Spring 2009

Miguel: Well, I have a lot of different looks that I rock. I can be corporate, casual, collegiate…but my overall favorite has to be Pharrell. He dresses like he doesn’t try hard. He’s random with his style, I love that! I also like Fonzworth Bentley‘s style. Will.i.am – I love his style as well as Andre 3000‘s because they’re not scared to be all over the board. A lot of dudes can’t pull that off! My favorite designer and the person I look up to is Tom Ford. Just clean, sleek, and clever; my favorite style. Like James Bond.

tomford1

DrJays.com: What are your top three wardrobe essentials for summer 2009?

Miguel: My top accessories are definitely my Dolce & Gabbana or DITAS shades, G-Shock watch and bucket fedora hat.

3909623
G-Shock G-Force Glide Military Watch by Casio

DrJays.com: Can you give our male readers a few of your personal style tips?

Miguel: My personal tip on how to dress is to basically be yourself and be comfortable with your style. You have to feel your outfit. There’s a lot of men who are insecure with their personal style. If you don’t feel right in it then its not for you. I’m my own personal stylist, so before I leave my house I have to feel very secure about what I’m wearing. Fashion is your personal expression, that’s how I see it. Tom Ford actually said it the best – Always dress like you came from somewhere important!

miguel-black-and-white-kneeling-copy

DrJays.com: With you having many female fans, we would like to know what your biggest turnoff is in terms of a woman’s personal style?

Miguel: If a woman can’t dress in 2009 I don’t know what to tell her! She has to know all the essentials. I love a woman who doesn’t wear a lot of make-up. She has to be classy and have that sexiness about her without being raunchy. I hate when women smoke too, that’s a big turn off. I see smokers and just imagine what their lungs look like! I’m very much single and just waiting for “her” to arrive! So let’s just say I may be single for a long time!

See some of the latest from the brand that ignited Miguel’s career – Sean John. The brand introduced colorful and witty graphics in their summer 09 collection:

4226948

Monroe Tee by Sean John

4176793

Hamilton Jean by Sean John

4227260

Future is Black Tee by Sean John

• Da'ja says:

He’s a cutie :)
    Keep up the nice work and thanx drjays for spotlighting him!!

• luxurylife says:

UMMMMMM……NEVERMIND What up KIKI RICK aND CHRIS Yeah imma leave this one alone………

• Whaddup lux… I was gonna leave this alone too, but naaa let’s have some fun lol.

I was feelin what he was saying about how to feel, be comfortable with what you dress and all that but then he quoted the “always dress like you came from somewhere important”. Which kinda knocks what he was saying before and after.

Then he named some brands and then said he was more into underground brands. I wouldn’t have put any of those into the underground category. Especially when you can go on ebay and get knockoffs etc (point being IT’S NOT UNDERGROUND). But really though can he swing any more on pharrells nuts? Swing any harder and they’re about to get road rash.

• sickofrick says:

Will I ever be able to go on Dr.Jays blog and NOT have to see Rick kissin Kiki’s a$$? I mean atleast every other blog the $hit is sad, you have the nerve to talk about someone bein on someone elses nuts?

If she hasn’t hollaed at you personally she aint feelin you and if she has talk to her on the phone. I throw up in my mouth a little every time;

“I think he was throwing hints at kiki to holla at him lol. He should’ve holla’d at kiki. Wait no he should’nt have, he’s not worthy. USE HIM kiki use him lol.”, so lame.

• luxurylife says:

Man o man you shouldnt have done that umm Rick get em!!!!

• Hmmm I’ll make this quick because I’m getting ready for a party at a club and I’m brushing up on some electronic ish.

The dude was blatantly promoting multiple pharrell and associates lines with lines that contradict what he’s saying. Next time you pick a point, pick a correct one. OH how are you going to call me out and your hiding.

1. HAVE YOU SEEN KIKI?! Seriously! she got style and personality. She the package… totally. I think you missed the other people that jock her too. Flattered on the focus of hate tho.

How’d you miss me jockin bosslady? You slippin.

On some real ish, I’m going to let a lady know when she’s lookin/actin right. That’s why they do it, to be appreciated. If they don’t like it they can throw a hint and I won’t take offense. She has laughed at some of the stuff I said.

2. Check the other topics here and you’ll find my input on subjects without mention of kiki. I’ll complimant her when there’s a pic, If there isn’t one it’s probably like 1 out of 5. Stop being dramacidle, your only killing yourself.

3. You thought it was lame… woop woop nigga, it doesn’t matter what you think. If what I write makes you vomit a lil inside I can make it worse. I’ll write poems in this piece. You’ll be like the lil girl off the exorcist when I’m done.

Enough of the kiddie ish I gotta get ready. Have fun being pissed off behind the screen for the weekend.

• sickofrick says:

1. Average. maybe you should go outside and meet girls you can touch 2.So you indulge that your lame good for you 3.If it don’t matter don’t comment back <<<most important Why are you trying to justify your actions to little old me, saying she laughed at some of your stuff?

Haha funny you feel the need to share on a blog that your going to a party, like you want everyone to know/think you have a life. And as far as hiding behind a screen, you need me to drive across the country to your house and tell you personally? lol, this is a blog be for real

• luxurylife says:

Why are trippin on the fact that he flirts with kiki you came out your mouth and your sreenname is sickof rick homeboy we a close knit family on this blog,but you started it by expressing your 1st ammendment to tell us what you think but you are in fact a lame in my opinion cause you watching what others are saying, further more if you have a crush on kiki which is obvious you do then say something to her a closed mouth dont get fed dont hate cause another man is getting at her playfully and she has laughed at his comments in the past.Bottom line tho you want to express yourself then thats fine but the BARK better have some BITE on here playboy Wat up Rick Chris and HELLO KIKI =)

• 1. I’d say better than average. Off the top of my head kiki has gorgeous hair, really good facial structure, a nice smile, body is above average too. Personality is off the charts also. Not our fault you don’t know what to look for in a female.

I can’t type what I do outside with females outside of here, because your not old enough to read it. That and it’s disrespectful. There’s no issue outside of here other than I’m picky.

2. Your an idiot

3. Who said I was posting for you? The response was to you, but in no way for you. It was for others entertainment and curiosity. I already knew the course & outcome of this since you pushed enter.

TEEHEE we all have lives, it’s just that yours sucks on a level that you haft to try and hate on others while hiding. I don’t think you need to drive cross country. That’s a messed up thing to make your parents do for you.

No I ment you got to come up with the name “sickofrick” instead of your other name on here or you just stalked on here with no real opinion and decided to come up with one to get noticed. Either way it won’t go on long.

Whaddup lux, genius, HI KIKI ;) lol

• Oh thanks lux for gettin my back.

• luxurylife says: