Ladies, we want your input!

Submitted by on July 7, 2009 – 12:27 pm36 Comments

nicki_1

Nicki Minaj for DrJays.com

The team at DrJays.com would like to give our female readers an opportunity to provide input on current brands we carry, and also let us know what new brands you would like to see!

We currently boast a healthy selection of over 50 brands for women, including well known players like COOGI, Baby Phat, and Rocawear, and also newer street wear brands like Married to the Mob, WeSC, Nikita and more.

There have obviously been shifts in trends for women as the state of the economy weakened over the past year.

Has your shopping style changed? Are there certain things you may have splurged on before that you are cutting back on, or replacing with cheaper items?

Please share your input and help us cater to your ever-changing needs ladies!

Speaking of females and fashion, Dawn Richard is featured in the latest issue of Honeymag.com, an urban lifestyle magazine for women.

userimage

userimage1

userimage2

userimage3

In the issue, Dawn talks about her new group with Diddy and Kalina called Dirty Money, working on Diddy’s new album Last Train To Paris, her new haircut and more.

Are you feeling the looks?

• Da'ja says:

Dawn looks fab!!! I just love the new haircut that she’s rockin and I can’t wait for her new solo album. :)
    As as far as shopping goes I still buy clothes from H&M,Forever 21,Pac Sun,Tilly’s from the mall etc.I like Azzure and bought sneakers off drjays last year and other brands too but I’m wondering if ya’ll can get more underground designer clothes on here soon.

• Da'ja says:

Also since I know a lot of us women like to wear our jewlery…I kinda wanted to know if you guys can get some great jewlery designers on here.
    CCSkye,Dechel Mckillion,Alexander Wang(love the clothes too),Rosena Sammi and Rebecca from Hollywood.

• Lee Lee says:

My shopping habits have changed only in the sense I am shopping less often. I dont see nothin wrong with a sale (I am in college and broke!) and was shoppin sales before da recession lol. I have to save up for the more expensive things I like.

• cutesygirl says:

I agree with Lee Lee I am a shopping fiend, but I rarely turn down a sale. I would like to see more jewelry as well, charm bracelets like the ones from Guess, fashionable bangles & rings. I would like to see some of the brands they sell in Dr. Jays store like Sweet Vibes jeans. I also would like to know why in store sales are not the same as online sales. I often see a pair of sneakers on the site for full retail price but then in the store they’re on a major sale that’s why I don’t shop on the site that much. Everytime I see a pair of Dunks on this site they want at least $70 or $80 for them then when I go to the store I don’t pay more than $40 (the lowest I’ve paid is $30)I moved from the BX to FL where there isn’t a DR. Jays so I have to digress however I travel back home at least twice a year, but I’m always on this site looking to buy! I’m sure people would buy more as the sales are more available. I know we can’t always get something for nothing and I’m not expecting too but supply & demand, SALES & CLEARANCE= people will buy, especially people on a budget! I’m trying to get more dressy work/church/going out clothes and cutting back on the sneakers, tees & jeans!

• Mike says:

You should include brands like CLH (Creating Limitless Heights), & Jordan Brand

• Linda says:

I would have to say more of the plus size clothing. I shope mostly for my kids and a few family members. nI would love to make it a shopping trip from home. When I get my kids clothing and then mine I would have saved time and gas and more to spend on clothing. LOL

• Veronica says:

I won’t lie, this stuff is getting too expensive and I’m falling out of the need for name brand stuff that is of high price and mediocore quality (or I’m getting old, idk). The fact is women’s clothing go out of style so fast it’s not cost effective to spend more than $10 on a shirt or $30 on a dress, especailly dresses which I tend to wear only once or twice. Personally I’m a big girly girl and I would love to see more hot dresses, that don’t have big logos running across them, more dressy shirts, and I love the idea of accessories, not just jewelry but belts too(don’t care what brand). I’m 25 and I want to dress it. My sneaker days are over, I agree with cutesygirl on the type of clothes.

• myniche88 says:

get ittttt…Dawn’s cut is fierce *snaps*
    i peeped like a second of her in the new MTB trailer…haha
    check it – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSGdgC2YgvQ
    dirty moneyyyy!! got my ticket for the train…y’all betta hop on!!

• Jo says:

that trailer looks gooooood!! love dawn richards, i’m glad to see her back on TV. can’t wait for the new season to start!!

• OFFICER RICKY says:

I AGREE WITH MYNICHE88!!! DIDDY TRAIN BE LEAVIN’ TO PARIS YALL!!!! PEEP THE MTV VERSION OF THE TRAILER ITS BETTER I THINK!

• Jean Fanatic says:

Sweet Vibes jeans are great and fit curvier women (like me). I would LOVE IT if Dr. Jays brought got these in stores and online because they are impossible to find online. Thanks!

• Tasha says:

I Love shopping at dr jays online & stores,but I hate to see the clothes that i buy as soon as they come out i find at marshalls, tjmax,ect.(for cheaper) I Think what would make dr jays stand out not only as a already GREAT, WELLKNOW and RESPECTED company, but to give their customers exclusive merchandise that they can find only at dr jays online &stores.