And the Rocksmith Friday Freebie Winner is…

Submitted by on August 7, 2009 – 3:18 pm19 Comments

lilwayne-600-4

Lil Wayne pictured last weekend in Rocksmith‘s Engine 9 tee

UPDATE: The Rocksmith Friday Freebie winner is Frederick Lazarus!

Congratulations Frederick.

Stay tuned for more Friday Freebies!

As stated on the brand’s official website, Rocksmith is “celebrating the hot weather with a blazin’ mixtape of summer selections”.

In order to win these two size L tees from the musically influenced Tokyo brand, we want to know what your favorite mixtape of all time is!

Snapshot 2009-08-07 16-16-36

IMG00031-20090807-1551

IMG00032-20090807-1552

(back of shirt)

One lucky winner will be chosen and announced on Monday August 10th at approximately 6pm EST.

Contest is available to U.S. residents only.

Good luck!

See more gear from Rocksmith by clicking here.

• joshua says:

My favorite mixtape is lil wayne’s the drought 3.The songs on there was hot!!

• Mazin says:

Man, Chamillionaire just released his Mixtape Messiah 7. Damn, already topped my list. His flow is unbelievable. One of the greatest lyricists, unlike Wayne. Who da hell wants to hear him rap about candy and the same shit every single time. Cop it. Chamillitary Mayne!

• Ikey Rocks...Duh says:

Mine is Lupe The Great. The mixtape shows all of lupe’s lyrical genius. He is in my top 10 mc’s of all time. The songs are in a league by themselves if you listen to the actual words.

• BRITTNEY says:

My favorite mixtape would have to be Drake’s So Far Gone. Drake can rap sing and act. Can you say triple threat?

• Deal says:

My favorite mixtape of all time is the Invasion pt. 2 by DJ Green Lantern. It has hot tracks by Jay-Z, Eminem, 50 Cent, D Block, and some others.

• Ikey Rocks...Duh says:

brittney you probably just think he’s sexy.

• Black says:

The Drought 3 was the craziest mixtape ever.

“Ridin drop top in the winter wit the heat on
    -bad yellow chick keep my passenger seat warm
    -leg hangin out the window, YOU AINT GOT DEEZ ON!”

• Del117 says:

My favorite mixtape of all time has to be Tha Drought III.

“YOUNG GOD IN THE BUILDIN BOUT TO START A RELIGION”
    -Weezy

And after that he did.

• Kevin says:

My favorite mixtape of all time will have to be Wale – “The Mixtape About Nothing”, it put DC’s PG county on the map! And besides drake, Wale is the hottest mc out right now!

• Bishop says:

My favorite mixtape is definately without a doubt Green Lanterns the Invasion pt. 2 that mix was hard. Green came correct on that one for real.

• Flashy says:

Jeezy – I Am The Street Dream…shit was nuts

• I really enjoyed the Hip Hop Docktrine mixtapes. Compilations of real hip hop to vibe to..anyone that hasn’t listened should.

If you like Blu, Little Brother, Asheru, Pharoahe Monche, DOOM, and other similar artists, go and check it out.

• K says:

Hey man, relax…Chamillionaire is definitely high up there, and his Mixtape Messiah’s are power, but no way it’s the top mixtape ever. You’d have to go old school really. Personally, I’d probably have to choose a Papoose tape, but that’s cause I feel him so much, but overall my favorite mixtape was Mixtape Messiah 1 or Trap or Die (tie)

• Mazin says:

Okay, maybe not the best ever, but my favorite. Although, MM4 might’ve been better. All I know is if you have ever had a ghost writer, you cannot be the “Greatest Rapper Alive.”

• DURK says:

DR.JAYS..THIS HAS TO BE ONE OF THE HARDEST QUESTIONS I’VE EVER HAD TO ANSWER..HERE GOES, HE’S NEW TO THE SEEN BUT THIS IS MY CHOICE

Wale – “The Mixtape About Nothing”

• PARKER says:

DAMN…. I SEE DAMN NEAR EVERYONE CHOSE WEEZY THE DROUGHT IS OVER III, SO I’M GONNA HAVE TO RIDE WITH THAT SIMPLY BECAUSE THAT WAS A STRAIGHT UP MASTERPIECE.

• jfresh says:

Mine Have to be Dj Screw – Diary Of An Originator Chapter 13………. Houston Texas Classic!!!

• ShayBayBay says:

My favorite mixtape of all time would have to be A Kid Named Kudi! I think a lot of people are sleeping on him(not realizing his talent), just like they slept on Drake a couple of years ago and now all of a sudden everyone is on the Drake train now! Kid Cudi! Mr. Solo Dolo coming soon! haha :)

• I would just like to inform you that I recently had the chance to check my email, and I have replied with my information.

As I did in the email, I would just like to thank Dr Jays for this.

-Frederick Lazarus