Celebrity Style: Kid Cudi

Submitted by on August 11, 2009 – 1:38 pm24 Comments

kid-cudi-last0ne-final-correct
Kid Cudi

Kid Cudi is set to grace the cover of Complex magazine’s August/September Style and Design issue, with Keri Hilson accompanying him on the flip-side:

keri-hilson-complex-so-me-2

Keri Hilson

Graphic artist AUGOR designed the crazy cover and photo shoot, which is meant to illustrate Cudi “battling his demons”.

The issue also features an interview with the Ohio native, where he dishes on groupies, being a “weirdo”, and much more.

cudib722

cudi6

Cudi has also been featured in GQ magazine’s August issue, where he broke down his “Neo-Fro”.

dncgq

When we used to see Cudi around at various NYC events, previous to his music career really taking off, it was obvious he was a huge BAPE fan.

He actually used to worked at the brand’s store when he moved to NYC.

kid-cudi-2

Some of the other brands we’ve spotted him in are 10.Deep, The Hundreds, G-Shock and Nike.

cudi10deep

As of recent, it seems his style has really cleaned up into a darker contemporary look. Black leather jackets, plain hoodies, jeans and sneakers.

cudi5

Kid Cudi, Kanye West and Amber Rose

One thing doesn’t seem to have changed – his love for skinny jeans, as seen above. Although he has a slim build to go along with them, are you feeling this look on Cudi?

In his first mixtape A Kid Named Cudi, he rapped “they say I’m Complex like the magazine, I want my closet complex like the magazine.”

Do you think Cudi’s closet is developing into that of a style icon, similar to his “mentor” Kanye West?

Cudi’s much anticipated debut album The Man On The Moon: End Of Day, is set to release on September 15.

He will also be acting in a HBO’s comedy series called How To Make it in America, which is documents two young people and their way to success in NYC – not a far stretch from his real life story it seems!

Get Cudi’s look using these pieces from DJPremium.com and DrJays.com:

leather
Kilner Silky Leather by J. Lindeberg

4169920

Limited Edition Vapors Convertible to Vest Hoodie by Kid Robot

4286066
G-Shock G-Force Glide Watch by Casio

3571625
Pearn Slim Fit Raw Denim by 55DSL

Do you dig Kid Cudi's style?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

• dsuave allday says:

Never diggin his style, only checkin for his footwork. Holla

• j.Are says:

i don’t get this crazy dressing ish that kanye and them do. wearing off the wall sh*t that’s skintight and doesn’t match and calling it some higher form of style. nahhh

• REAL TALK says:

I THINK HE HAS STYLE MINUS DA SKINNY LEGS ON TOP OF GYM SHOES. D.O.S.L DEATH OF SKINNY LEGS IT SHOULD BE DA NEW MOVEMENT

• Khiry Woods says:

he dope run dmc wore skinny jeans whats da diff?

• Not the same era and they weren’t doing other things that artists are doing now. IE: Trying to get attention for wearing skinny jeans.

• Bishop says:

I actually like Kid Cudi’s style alot he makes it work and it definately fits him. I personally would never dress like that but I dont mind seeing it. I completely hate Kanye Wests Style, whenever I see him I just want to throw my laptop on the ground. He just tries to hard IMO. Oh and Keri Hilson, Oh man that women is CRAZY beautiful. That is one women I truly enjoy just seeing, not even sex thought wise. She is just so sexy and feminine, I love it.

• B Easy says:

alot of kanye’s style is influenced by the european style of dress…it works for em tho. he is a fly dude. im from texas and its already hot so wearing tight jeans make it even worse. i personally dont see how cats do it

• Clean Dean says:

Kid Cudi has styles shows who he is. He’s not your ordinary rapper…so he dresses apart from a lot of them. Sorry he doesn’t wear hella baggy, extremely late, size 40 40, south pole soulja boy jeans with a huge, extremely late, sean john polo shirt. Oh, can’t forget the lame white on white air force ones people think are still in…get outta here…

• Rhett says:

Kid Cudi is unique, he’s been rockin skinny jeans since before he moved to NYC when he was 20. It’s his style. I personally where skinny jeans, however not near as tight a Cudi’s. So excuse my bias. The leather is nice, well the tight leather. Regular leather jackets have always been sick and will be for as long as we’ll live to see. The BAPEs is obvious and something that is BIG in LA and NY. Fits him as it basically blew up in NY and when he got there he really wanted to be a NYer, so he adopted the culture. 10 Deep was giving him clothes, they just wanted to get their name out there when Cudi started gaining recognition in NY. Cudi does one thing well that I think we can all agree on: His choice of shades, from Ray-Bans to Peoples to random stuff at a random store in the UK. I personally think his style is fresh as hell and it his style, so don’t jock it unless it is you and mostly don’t hate. Don’t go off at ppl who like skinnies, it’s their (our) style.
    Peace
    -Rhett

• R.Beaud says:

Cudi’s style is sick… im sure he wears skinnys for attention, lil wayne didnt do it for attention. It looks sick and is a good change from all the old stuff. His shades are sick, clear ray-bans, dirty…his shoes are always so nice. Rhett couldnt be more right.His style is shows who he is and is fresh as hell. Hes different.. he doesnt have to be a badass to be good like how everyother person feels rappers need to be. I would dress like him cause its soo legit
    pce