And the Akademiks Friday Freebie winner is…

Submitted by on August 14, 2009 – 11:23 am12 Comments

akdmkslookbook4

Akademiks Summer 2009

UPDATE: The winner of this Friday Freebie is Nicole.

Congratulations!

To the rest of our wonderful readers, stay tuned for more freebies!

Ladies, enter here for your chance to slip into these three summery size M tops from Akademiks:

Snapshot 2009-08-14 12-19-11

Snapshot 2009-08-14 12-19-49

Snapshot 2009-08-14 12-22-26

We asked our male readers this question a couple of weeks ago, and now we want to hear the female perspective…

What is the one tip you would give all the men out there on how to keep a woman interested?

Do you like a man who plays hard to get, or do you like a romantic who showers you with flowers and other sweet surprises?

Let us know whatever it is that floats your boat by commenting on this post, and you’ve entered to win this Friday Freebie!

One winner will be chosen and announced on Monday August 17th at approximately 6pm EST.

Contest is open to U.S. residents only.

See more colorful women’s gear from Akademiks on DrJays.com:

4390857
Comix Dip Dye Pant by Akademiks

4359323
Comix Hooded Tank Wall Over Print by Akademiks

4373085
Comix Bolt Pocket Twill by Akademiks

• Da'ja says:

Here’s A Tip:

Give the lady whatever she wants w/o becoming a pushover.Nobody likes a sucka so don’t be too nice because women don’t like those type seriously.A good woman deserves nothing but the best and should be treated like a QUEEN at all times.Just always find unique ways to please her and you’ll keep her close for sure.

Remember:MONEY CAN’T BUY LOVE…NEVER.

• Ariel says:

Number one tip for men to keep their woman; Respect us. We want to be treated as equals, not servants. If you wanna keep your girl, you’d better treat her just as good, if not better, than your best boys.
    And as far as playing hard to get, come off it. Do you want to make us think you aren’t interested or something? Then we’ll leave you alone and find someone who is. Girls may want a guy that looks (and sometimes plays) bad, but we still want him to be sweet and romantic. What girl doesn’t want a guy to treat her like a princess? We just don’t want you to be over the top, desperate sycophants.

• Nicole says:

To keep a woman interested I would tell all the men out there to be a gentlemen. You have to have a purpose in life, nothing is sexier than someone with goals. Also create a sense of mystery, in other words dont let us see everything at once, that keeps me interested and wanting to learn more about you. Also be adventurous, and uninhibetted when the time is right. Remember there is a time and place for everthing. Be seen rather than heard. Nothing is a worse turn off then a loud person who is only out to be seen. Appeal to my desire for pleasure both emnotionally and physically and you will be on your wau to gaining my long term interest. Oh and please iron. If you cant take 3 minutes to iron yoru clothes, what makes me think that you are going to spead the time to actually get to know me.

• jasmine says:

tip:

Women dont like when men play hard to get. This is because the man sends the worong message while playing hard to get and the woman gets turned off and gives up.

person oppinion:

I personally like men who shower me with objects. Thats dosent mean im a gold digger it just means that i like to know how you think of me by what type of gift you give. I also like a man that knows how to keep me intrested and knows the places to take me around town and not just to the movies and dinner. Im a social butterfly and like to get out.

• FALON GIBSON says:

NUMBER ONE TIP: BE THERE…WOMEN LIKE TO HANDLE ALOT ON THERE OWN BUT KNOWING THAT YOUR IN THERE CORNER TO BACK THEM UP AND SUPPORT THEM MEANS ALOT. WHEN YOU HAVE A WOMANS BACK THROUGH THE GRIND WE TEND TO KNOW THAT YOU TRUST US.WHEN YOUR THERE FOR A WOMAN WE KNOW NO MATTER HOW BIG OR SMALL THE PROBLEM IS,THAT U RESPECT US AS EQUALS AND TRUST US TO HOLD YOU DOWN AS WELL.WHEN YOUR THERE FOR A FEMALES EVVERYTHONG FALLS IN PLACE BECAUSE TO TRULY BE ABLE TO BE THERE FOR ANY HUMAN IS A UNSELFISH ACT.

• RB says:

A tip to keep a woman interested is to simply be real and open about yourself and your goals in life. Don’t play the whole don’t ask don’t tell thing just come out and be open about what is on your mind. And, don’t just give up when either one of you is having a problem or “is not their nicest” at a point in time; if you do not go through things together the relationship will not become stronger/progress.

• GOT FAITH? says:

I believe that about 65% of men have already mastered how to keep women interested because “we” as women if not running behind them; are still very mystified by their swagger, their mannerisms, how they think and how they feel. The ‘MAN’ has struck our curiosity since the dawn of time; we’ve been trying to figure them out like the carburetors on our cars….

So with that being said I feel like the only way to keep the ‘WOMAN’ interested, is by living these mantras; Profess your love for her to your friends, your family, hell strangers if you must. You see we as women know when we well, have a guy going all elementary school love, because he tends to tell the world “hey this is my lady, and she’s the only one I have eyes for”. Women love that kind of adoration from their man. Next, a man should then protect what is his. No woman wants to feel like ‘she’ would have to regulate if a guy disrespected her instead of you. She wants to feel like you can handle things and shield her from the dangers of the world. OK, maybe you don’t have to be superman, but most women would love to hold their men on the same pedestal. Lastly, gentlemen if you really care or love your women like you profess, and protect…. then you will provide. Yes, it’s true we are living in a world where women are doing it for themselves I applaud that, I’m one of them. However, it’s understandable and should be expected of a ‘real man’-catch that-to provide for his woman and his family, as it has been since ‘humans’ dated back to the pre-historic ages. I feel that if women are giving themselves emotionally, physically, and mentally to a man, then if he loves her he will give monetarily – oh yes don’t be fooled that almighty dollar does hold it’s weight. Some men where raised to be the head of their household, and a cheerful giver. Trust that women do respect that, – and respect is something earned always.

Personally, as a woman to have a man who can act as if he’s my beast friend by going shopping with me, and not pitching a fit when I change into my tenth outfit. Giving me that (good love) you know that extra special attention (only if your in that stage of your relationship), and being my sugar daddy when I need one,(even though I told you I could handle my phone bill on my own, and you know I can, but you paid it anyway).

It is not always because you should do these things to keep a ‘woman’s interest, but because eventually you care enough and you love enough to do them. And even though some men may not admit it, but for a good woman you’ll have to go that extra mile. This is a MAN’S world-true-but it ain’t nothing without the staying power of a ‘WOMAN’. LOL

Deuces!

• TJ says:

MEN…….. Be open minded. If you want to keep a woman interested you must be willing to try the things she likes.

I think all real women can agree that a man who will shower you with all that you want and need scores big in our book.

• Anne S says:

Hard to get, I guess. Of course, there have to be sparks first, or why bother? My tip is to exhibit consideration and a sense of humor. Wins me over, anyway,

• Angela Winesburg says:

The most important thing to me is that they have to have a sense of humor and a positive outlook on life. I would prefer a gentlemen over someone who plays hard-to-get. With that being said, if you want this person to be in a long-term relationship with you have to be yourself, eventually your true colors will show.