Home » Sounds

Kanye West Has ANOTHER MTV Awards Stage Rant + More!

Submitted by on September 13, 2009 – 9:23 pm38 Comments

281x211

This time Kanye West picked the beginning of the Video Music Awards to deliver one of his famous rants. At least he got it out of the way quickly. The rapper stormed the stage just after the first award, for Best Female Video, was presented to Taylor Swift. He cut the teen singer off, grabbing the mic and protesting in support of Beyoncé.

I’m sorry, but Beyoncé had one of the best videos of all time,” he proclaimed as Beyonce looked on from the crowd, stunned.  Swift was also shocked as West momentarily pulled the Moonman out of the country star’s hand.

During the 2007 VMAs in Las Vegas, West delivered another bombastic rant and lost if after he was displeased with his performance being set inside a hotel suite rather than on the show’s main stage. At the time he vowed to never return to an MTV awards show.

His protest against Swift, however, was not well received. West stood briefly on the stage after his comments as the crowd was silent. Audience members then began to clap in support of Swift after West left the stage. Singer P!nk chimed in with her views on the situation via twitter saying My heart goes out to taylor swift. She is a sweet and talented girl and deserved her moment. She should know we all love her.” Kanye West later took to his blog to “apologize” for his child like behavior.

29693005

Source: MTV News

EDITOR’S NOTE: Adding to my girl Karen’s post…Boss Lady‘s brief recap of tonight’s VMA’s:

-Janet Jackson‘s performance was too short. I really wish “Scream” wasn’t the only track she did, but I’m thankful for her courage to pull it off as fierce and strong as she did (seeing her old back-up dancers with her was a treat also).

-Lady Gaga is ALL entertainment. Switching up her insane headgear throughout the night was pure genius and provided constant laughter.

-Despite being on overkill status at times, Beyoncé‘s someone I never tire of watching. Say what you will about her “good girl” act – her class, her grace and her humility are refreshing and much-needed on nights like tonight (her crazy pelvis gyrations help too). She salvaged Kanye West‘s mistake and brought a smile back to Taylor Swift‘s face.

-He’s a musical genius, but once again Kanye’s ego overshadowed his achievements. Tonight’s outburst was brought to you by Hennessy, total inconsideration and Amber Rose, who we all know is more ‘hood than ‘Ye will ever be.

-Pink is the truth. No need to say more.

-I was a fan of Lil Mama, but her pride in her city tonight may have cost her whatever chance she had at a career. As Jay-Z and Alicia Keys made New York magic on stage with “Empire State of Mind”, Lil Mama totally lost her mind. Did you see the way she mean-mugged Jay as soon as she jumped on? And how she moved as close as possible to him at the end, when him and Alicia were in the b-boy stance? While I kinda feel bad about her Twitter-roasting that followed, I’m still in shock at how selfish and plain stupid her actions were.

-Gotta say Russell Brand‘s madcap “brand” of hosting coincided perfectly with the out-of-control vibe of the show. I really did love every minute!

What do you guys think of the show?

• [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by DrJays_com and Kiran G. Kiran G said: Kanye West Has ANOTHER MTV Awards Stage Rant + More!: This time Kanye West picked the beginning of the Video Mu.. http://bit.ly/RKKMF [...]

• FoxyBrownIsCrazy says:

The show was CRAAAAZY!

Fun from start to finish – but Lil Mama topped off what was already a f*cking hilarious night – can’t wait to hear what she has to sat about it! :)

• TheShoeGame says:

That stunt or whatever you wanna call it will go down in history. It made Yahoo’s homepage…nuff said. Karen and Boss Lady what it do!

• ©Love says:

despite the slightly chaotic undertone, I think this year’s show was fairly decent.

a few of my random thoughts:

- that was probably the best opening I’ve seen from an award show in quite some time.. Madonna’s speech was simply beautiful and the dance tribute to Michael, rounded out with Janet, was both touching and inspiring.

- Beyonce demonstrated yet again why she is so loved in the industry with an extremely classy act and an amazing performance that essentially turned the VMA stage into a 5-minute concert.

- after all of his asinine public rants, the roar of boos coming from the crowd at the mention of Kanye’s name was refreshing to say the least

- Kanye is making storming the stage routine and Lil’ Mama is joining him now?… I’m thinking MTV award show security jobs don’t require much of a resume.

- Taylor Swift is ADORABLE.

- I don’t know if I was more confused or frightened by Lady Gaga’s performance

- Was I the only one wishing for just one R&B performance??

- Seeing Eminem back on the VMA stage was great! nostalgia to the highest degree.

- Jay-Z and the always-lovely Ms. Alicia closed the show nicely with what was probably the best set of the night.

• Kanye is/was a complete a*s. He tok a young woman’s moment. Taylor has sold millions of records. Her career has surpassed many who where before her, it took them years to accomplish what she has done in two years. He would not have done that to ANYONE else…

• Rick Lexington says:

One side says that was f’d up. Another side says that was tactical genius lol. He’s still an ass though. But he was right though, this is coming from someone who doesn’t really care for kanye or beyonce.

The thing about kanye is he sucks at running with the ball once he gets it. Instead of apologizing he should’ve explained his actions.

What gets me is all the racial tirades from people over the net. It was like they were waiting for an excuse to lash out at blacks, so they picked this one. Dude said three lines. One giving her credit, props and congratulating her, the next saying that someone else nominated should’ve got it. Then he repeated that sentence and left. Had it been axle rose or something then it would be okay or it would be “that dude is crazy”.

Yet noone mentions the bullshit disqual serena williams got for so many reasons.

• Kwaping says:

I used to have respect for KWest, but now I think he’s one of the world’s biggest jerks. (Yeah, I know I’m late to that party.)

• luxurylife says:

Man these people take their image and fame too serious and kayne gets in his own way too much!!!!He needs to realize he is 30 not 13 you dont conduct yourself in that way. This is the reason why I watch football and not Award shows. Real men playing for the love of the game and then I watched 300 on TNT!!! Cable sucks these days and artists then things are to be given fame when you earn it and it takes time!!!! Hello Boss Lady What up Rick and Chris J…. KIKI where you been lovely!!!

• Zu B says:

I knew from the start that the whole thing was staged. Whites really do want us to be statues, and they still don’t like it when a black man gets too close to one of their “virgins.” If a white male had did the same thing, he would just have been labeled crazy – as some one mentioned earlier. The late Milton Berle said,” …there is no such thing as bad publicity.” I believed from the beginning it was a stunt. Celebrities do anything to get noticed. Get over it – no one was hurt.

• Tamikaishere says:

She’s a young girl, and truth be told and he’s in the wrong.

Kanye makes me question his sexuality, that’s such a queen move. “Beyonce!!!” I’m a fruit fly and the homie immediately hit me twitter wise like ‘GIRRRLLLL DID YOU SEE MY GF KANYE??’ I was like ‘girl stop’

boy is unstable

• rwr. says:

i thought it was funny what he said to that girl because he was being so honest but im not taking sides it could be a publicity stunt or stage dam MTV but still it was funny

• Darneisha says:

KANYE WAS SO WRONG FOR WHAT HE DID!!! HE IS DISRESPECTFUL!!! ALTHOUGH MAYBE WE DO THINK BEYONCE SHOULD HAVE WON, EVERYBODY DOESN’T THINK LIKE US. HE APOLOGIZED BUT I HONESTLY DON’T THINK IT WAS SINCERE.