Home » Screen

Patrick Swayze Says “Goodbye” To The World

Submitted by on September 15, 2009 – 12:57 pm5 Comments

swayze

Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey in the much-loved movie Dirty Dancing

Gifted actor Patrick Swayze, known for his contributions to the film industry (he was a singer, songwriter and dancer as well) passed away yesterday due to pancreatic cancer.

We are humbled by his 57 years on earth. Swayze leaves behind his wife, Lisa Niemi (they never had children).

From eonline.com:

“Patrick you are loved by so many and your light will forever shine in all of our lives,” twittered the love of his Ghost life, Demi Moore.

“And in the words of Sam to Molly. ‘It’s amazing, Molly. The love inside, you take it with you.’ I love and will miss you Patrick.”

Whoopi Goldberg, who channeled the spirit of Swayze’s murdered banker in the 1990 film and won an Oscar for it, said in a statement: “Patrick was a really good man, a funny man and one to whom I owe much that I can’t ever repay. I believe in Ghost ‘s message, so he’ll always be near.”

“When I think of him, I think of being in his arms when we were kids, dancing, practicing the lift in the freezing lake, having a blast doing this tiny little movie we thought no one would ever see,” said Jennifer Grey, who became the envy of girls ages 8 to 98 when she starred with Swayze in Dirty Dancing.

“Patrick was a rare and beautiful combination of raw masculinity and amazing grace,” Grey said. “My heart goes out to his wife and childhood sweetheart, Lisa Niemi, to his mom, Patsy, and to the rest of their family.”

DrJays.com asks you, “What are some of your fondest memories of Patrick Swayze?”

Don’t be shy. Let us know.

• Boss Lady says:

I can’t even count the times I bawled my eyes out over Ghost, was glued to the screen in The Outsiders, danced in my living room to Dirty Dancing, and laughed out loud at To Wong Foo, Thanks For Everything, Love Julie Newmar.

May you rest in peace Patrick Swayze – thank you for the memories. My mother loved you and it hurts me to see her upset over your passing too :(

God bless your spirit, your wife Lisa and your family and friends.

~Boss Lady

• ahlot says:

^^
    Yeah B, I thought I was Julia Roberts and the girl from “Dirty Dancing” as a child. At some point I had to wake up. ::Laughs:: Nevertheless, those are the things that we never forget, which make us who we are. I appreciate his contributions to art. I appreciate the childhood memories.

Pat, may your soul rest in peace. You are a fighter…and you’ll forever hold your victory.

- AHLOT

• Kwaping says:

No disrespect to the dead, but I’m having a hard time seeing the connection between Patrick Swayze and DrJays.com.

• ahlot says:

How about pop culture? ^^^

• Brenda S Miguel says:

Patrick was and is still amazing man and person always in my book.
    He maybe not here in body but, he is here in spirit and soul and mind.
    You will always be missed but, never forgotten. We love you Patrick! :) He now is in a better place no pain. But, remember in Road House
    he said “Pain don’t hurt”. He’s with GOD and The ANGEL’S now watching
    over us his family and fans. And the world to see what ugly that it has gotten to be. But, now he has his Dad and Mom Jesse and Pasty by his side now doing GOD’S work. May Jesse,Vickie,Patrick,Pasty RIP! My heart goes out to Lisa,Donnie,Bambi,Sean and the rest of the family. I feel your pain I just lost some family members and I lost my Dad 1 year and 8 months before Patrick passed. On my husband birthday he had passed away at 1:30am . I live South Carolina and he lived in West Virginia. 10 hour drive took me 8 hours then when he passed.