Home » Screen

The Wire: 100 Greatest Quotes

Submitted by on November 18, 2009 – 3:07 pm7 Comments

wire

The Wire is one of the best shows that has ever appeared on HBO.

If you have been under a rock it’s a drama series that takes place in Baltimore, Maryland. With each season the series focuses on different topics including the drug trade, the government, the school system, and even tackles the newspaper industry.

I can’t really describe it but if my word means anything to you then you should watch this series. But I’m here to share this great collection with you all.

A lovely Youtube user made a montage of the greateast quotes from The Wire that features Omar, Bubbles, Bunk, McNulty, Rawls, Stringer, Avon, Snoop, Marlo, Cheese, Prop Joe, Clay Davis and many more.

To all the fans this is a great clip. To all those that don’t understand the hype, no worries, just consider this a taste. Enjoy and let me know what’s your favorite quote. I’m going with “OMAR COMING!!”

• hahahah “Money be green!!”

The Wire is a certified classic. Sadly it’s either you get it or you don’t. Some people don’t recognize the genius of it but it really is one of the greatest shows to ever grace my television screen.

By the way what McNulty was doing in season 5 with the homeless people was just ridiculous. I never got to vent about that haha

• ©Love says:

“I aint no suit wearing businessman like you…I’m just a gangsta I suppose.”

That one line pretty much summed up the whole dynamic of Avon & Stringer’s relationship, kicked off what would eventually become the downfall of the Barksdale empire, and [like so much of the show]accurately paralleled the real-life feelings of so many in similar situations.

The Wire is easily one of the best shows EVER made! David Simon is an absolute genius.

…and yeah Michelle, McNulty was definitely wayyyy out there in the last season lol

• Clark Kent says:

Shhheeeeeeeeeeeeeetttt! Best show ever. Sucks for those punks who jumped on during Season 4, they missed out on the meat and potatoes of “The Wire” story.

• Boss Lady says:

Yes – but which season was the best? My vote goes to Seasons 3 and 4, with 1 very close :) Season 4 was incredible!

~BL

• Ricky G says:

Best season has to be the first one. No question about that…

• Manny says:

One of my professors actually had us watch an episode during class. She’d recently bought the box set.

• Clark Kent says:

The first 2 seasons were so impacting. Best seasons EVAH!