Home » Society

Jay-Z Speaks On Religious Beliefs With Angie Martinez!

Submitted by on January 14, 2010 – 10:34 am72 Comments

Rumors have been circulating about Jay-Z possibly being a Devil worshiper and having ties to a secret cult known as the Illuminati. While Jigga has tried to clear up all speculation before regarding the situation in the past, he has always been very vague in his responses leaving people to believe that they rumors could possibly be true.

Well, Hov spoke with Angie Martinez of Hot 97 today to once again further dispel talk of his personal beliefs. This time he was a bit more specific.

Press play to hear the interview, and check out specific passages below.

“I don’t know where it started. I don’t know where it came from. I really think it’s really silly. For the record, I of course believe in God, but I believe in one God. If people must know my religious beliefs, I believe in one God. I don’t believe in religion. I don’t believe in Christians or Muslims. I think all that separates people. I think it’s one God. I think it’s all the same God, and I don’t believe in Hell. But as far as God, of course I believe in God. Am I a part of some sect or cult? That sounds stupid to me. It’s like ignorant to even say, and umm… I guess that’ll be the last time I address that. It’s ignorant to me”

I can’t even get in a golf club in Palm Springs. I’m from Marcy Projects. Just think about that? People that control the world?

Do you believe that those sort of organizations exist?
I think there are cliques of friends that control things. I don’t know if there is a devil worshiping sect. That’s a little Tom Hanks. I believe there are cliques of people that control the world…but that’s just natural process. I’m sure Obama has his people and everything is good but as far as how far people are taking it…

So you don’t intentionally do this to put people in a frenzy?
I’m an entertainer at the end of the day. Maybe I’ll push your buttons but you know…

There you have it, straight from the camel’s mouth. So what’s the verdict? Do we believe him, or does his story sound a little fishy?

• Cenn says:

True that religion tears apart the human race, look at the world today.

• Jezabel says:

I seen HOV wit Lucia not once not twice…look deep into his eyes youll know the TRUTH!

• sbusiso says:

I am a biggest fan of jay z but now am confused but I hope it’s not true. Priest here in south africa tell us that he Is a devel worshiper

• Ubersetzer says:

The word “Marcy” is from the German “ein” for the singular “one” and the German “Jahr” for currency. One German dollar or Mark for example, is written in the German language as “EIN JAHR.” The word Marcy can be translated as meaning being in reference to Jehovah God of the Scriptures whose people may suffer temporarily but are always eventually richly favoured by Him. To understand this concept faith through study of certain realities including an examination of history is required.

The surname Mark(c) is also known as being John Mark which when translated means God has shown favour. God being the God of order and not disorder would have a true organisation, however organised false religion has served as a blockade to the serach for His true organisation, which is existent indeed if God were to be existent as a God or order and not chaos. Historically false religion began with Adam and Eve as is particularly apparent in the many transformations of Eve, e.g. Astarte and in Adam(not so apparently) e.g. the gods Aloris, Marduk, etc. Interestingly, the Dutch word for One God or Jehovah is “Einthoven” and Willem Einthoven(1860-1927) was the inventor of the sound acoustics systems related to CD technology. This was accomplished through his invention of the first Electrocardiograph machine. CBE and musician Bryan Ferry,Ferja(h) in Old Norse works with a sound technician by the name of Einthoven which is also interersting.Searching for true theocratic organisation is better just denying its existence because of one’s circumstances or even the failure of most religions’ obligation to be true.

• Ayanda says:

Jay Hova is my best rapper, I realy need to get more info about being a Devil if is that true or not, and how does this illuminati works, and to find out, where does it helps them….I’m from South Africa.

• bright light says:

I love Jay Z. Have all his albums from reasonable doubt to his next album and I was really disappointed to hear he is a devil worshiper. Jay, Jesus needs you son.

• major says:

im a b4 fan of jay z and a christian. When it comes to calling out a spade, im da candidate. Im conviced that Jay z worhips the devil.

• a1038788 says:

I’ve said that least 1038788 times. The problem this like that is they are just too compilcated for the average bird, if you know what I mean

• Cjay1226 says:

He said he beleives in God but he never said he believed in Jesus. Very vauge how he answered sounds like his God maybe the devil. I just bought his latest CD for my husband as one of his stocking stuffers and my brother told me he had it and he didnt like the inside album cover so I googled it and came across this article. I will be returning it. I pray that he isnt a devil worshipper because there is ONLY one true God which sits on the throne who sent his son Jesus to save us from our sins.

• chidi says:

jay z is a satanist he is the head of a cult called illuminati and his song is always abt the devil and he is trying to use his song to draw people to his masta the lucifer and playing his music means that u a fan of jay z in he is taking u to hell wer his masta the devil is so please repent and stop playing all this U S top 10 songs PLEASE they are dangerous to your spirit because they posses evil spirit
    chidi from nigeria

• Ava says:

He worships the devil, no doubt! Now so does his wife, they will burn in hell, they can enjoy this life, they forget it is not forever, the next life is for eternity!

• David says:

Islam the one true religion, glory be to god.

• Atheist Propagandist says:

I think dis is al bulshit. There’s no God nor devil,so ufck dis whole illuminati bulshit.Itz watz keepin religion so strong.1 Epicurus(65 A.D.) 1nc commented:religion is considered by common ppl as true,by d wise as false nd by d rulers as useful.Itz realy buffling dat sum guy mor thn 2000 yrs ago is smarter thn al u assholes datz busy posting ignorant shit on dis blog.Capitalism is watz d problem,no devil is.

• jamie says:

Pipo pls let the man be…. This world has bn twisted by its controllers ts crazy mayne

• Motlalepula says:

I can’t believe people can be this naive and stupid! Leave Jay Z and his family alone – YHO!JESUS CHRIST!

• kymlee says:

if God be God then worship Him and if Baal be God worship him…there is no hell?…carry on Jay-z you will find out…as for me you will never see or hear me listen to your nonsense…because there is one God and it aint whats in your songs buddy but you already know…

• gerrald says:

jay-z is a mas0n,a secret cult that frankly practises n0thng difrent fr0m satanists and illuminati,mas0n is a c0ver name for *n0ne believer*,to get to were is he’s taken some dark paths,which he usualy clearly states in he’s s0ngs fr0m his life background,with n0 fear of God,if he belivez in God why call himself a God? “jehova/jayhova”,m0st of his videoz has satanic symbols and mas0nic evidence,its n0t pushing butt0ns,its his job fr0m lucifer,to influence people who follow blindly,lucifer coz himself God,so saying i believe in God n0t jesus,is evidence enough,you are a great rapper,but just n0t referable the God almighty,.he will judge you for your acti0nz!! We dont live 0n earth forever!

• sammy says:

jaz-z,repent or likewise perish.dray near 2 God n he wil draw near 2 u.accept jesus now as ur lord n personal saviour…SAMMY FROM NIGERIA

• Gods Child says:

He worships the Devil it’s plan and clear on you tube. He does the whole subbliminal
    Messages with the devil worshiping and he believes that all the people on the world should be killed but 20% and there should be no church no God etc. it’s in the lyrics of His music Beyonces lady gaga anyone that’s his friend or on his label.

• tshanduko says:

i have heard enough of him he is always blaspheming . im so disapointed in him i used to look up to him as my biack successful enrepreneur role model who is reaping what he sawn not rewards from lucifer .i used to be his number one fan from music to his business sucsses and now im done with him

• Charlie says:

I feel blessed to read that the majority of you that blogged are Christians. Anen. Prayer is powerful. Pray for those who have not found Jesus Christ as their Lord and savior. We can be forgiven for anything and saved fron the snare of the devil. Those who know these truths speak out in faith for Christanity. Praise God for all of you and Lord bring the others to their knees in search for you.amen.

• Wow that was strange. I just wrote an incredibly long
    comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn’t show
    up. Grrrr… well I’m not writing all that over again.

Anyways, just wanted to say excellent blog!