Home » Sounds

EXCLUSIVE: Lil Wayne Pays Homage To Mothers

Submitted by on May 4, 2010 – 10:56 am62 Comments

As hip-hop gears for its first summer sans-Weezy in years, the Grammy award–winning rapper has been using his time in incarceration wisely. For one, Wayne’s been doing something he hasn’t had the opportunity to do in well over a decade of performing—rest. It may not be his most ideal way to do so, but this period in his life appears to be having a positive impact.

He hasn’t been doing this time too far away from those who care about him either. Artists Mack Maine and Tyga have been constant visitors throughout his first two months behind bars, and even Diddy spent an hour chatting to the inmate at Rikers Island prison last Wednesday. Aside from face-to-face visits, the thousands of letters he receives on a weekly basis help him pass the days. It may not be every week like he originally intended, but Weezy has written his second official letter (third if you include his sports piece) where he addresses a few of his fans. More importantly, however, he speaks candidly on Mother’s Day and paid homage to all the mothers in the world, including his children’s mothers and his own.

“The love between a mother and her offspring is hands down the most beautiful thing God created. More than money, more than fame, more than cars. You know why? Because true love is the only thing that lasts from the moment you’re born to the second you perish. Everything else eventually leaves, think about it. All love needs to survive is love. To all the mothers who read this letter, I hope this day allows you to feel the love and respect you so rightfully deserve. You are the role models, not me.”

Be sure to read the letter in its entirety this Friday on Wayne’s site: www.weezythanxyou.com.

Karen Civil is the Director of Online Marketing for Young Money Entertainment.

• J_swagg says:

Props Weezy. Keep doing ya thang. I wish u luck wit ur time. Stay strong. Remember everything happens 4 reason.

• BIG A says:

thats deep man i only got my mom and baby momma. both my grandmammas passed away 2 years ago. i still see them every month to pay my respect (to my grandmammas) im still with my baby mamma and i love her so much. and last but not least my momms has always been there for me. i wont every be every to repay her i love her so much

• The Gift that God has given Dewayne Carter will never be ignored, I am an orphan and yet you touched me with this message. Every person on earth comes from a woman. There is nothing more important than love from a mother, even tho I never received it I make sure I pass it on to my daughter. May God Continue to bless you and keep you in his care. Tupac sold most rap albums ever that makes him the greatest you are a very close,a musical genius.

• qweenbee says:

I hear what you say about mom’s being role models and your not. That is where you are wrong I am a single mom and my teenage daughter looks up too you. She writes her own songs and she still is on track in school.Like she said she want to finish her education and become a young black successful song writer/rapper/ business owner just like you. And like I told her she can do anything she put her mind too as long as she stay well focused on the prize which is her doing everything she said she would do to complete what need to be done to get where she want to be in her future.

• jsutton says:

W3 ALL MAK3 XUR MI5TAK3S IN LIF3, AND Y35 5XM3 L3ARN TH3 HARD WAY. I AM A 5INGL3 MXM XF 3-BXY5 AND A DAUGHT3R. THE DIFF3R3NC3 I 5TART3D HAVING KID5 AT 18. MY OLD35T IS NXW 21 WHICH I5 MY DAUGHT3R. AND I HAVE A 2X,19, AND 17 Y3AR XLD 5XN5. TH3Y LI5T3N, LXXK, AND BR3ATH3 YXU, AND I MU5T 5AY I DX TX. P3XPL3 MI5UND3R5TAND TH3 LYRIC5 XF YXUR SXNG5, BUT FXR 5XM3 XDD R3A5XN I UND3R5TAND HXW YXU FE33L AND WH3R3 YXUR CXMING FRXM. 5IMPLY B3CAU53 I S33 ALL TH3 DIFF3R3NT P3R4XNALITI35 YXUNG M3N CAN HAV3 FRXM 3V3RY P3R5P3CT. I LXV3 YXUR MU5IC. WH3N I’M RIDING ALL I LI5T3N TX I5 LIL WAYN3-W33ZY F-BABY-AND YUNG MXN3Y. I THINK P3XPL3 NE33D TX 5TART JUDGING PE3PLE3 FXR WHX TH3Y AR3 AND NXT BY TH3 ST3R3XTYP3 XR MI5TAK35 W3 MAK3 XR AR3 CLAIME3D TX B3. JU5T CXNTINU3 TX B3 YXU AND MAK3 YXUR MU5IC. AFT3RALL XNLY GXD CAN JUDG3 YXU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• mcaroll says:

thanks very much.

• Marie Melissa Pierre says:

I love you soo much

• call at number +50939275716

• bullet says:

This all I have to say free weezy f baby.please say the baby…..

• Well I definitely enjoyed studying it. This article procured by you is very constructive for good planning.

• a3736719 says:

I’ve said that least 3736719 times. The problem this like that is they are just too compilcated for the average bird, if you know what I mean