Home » Sounds

Beatz Pays Ex-Wife, Speaks On Wedding Plans

Submitted by on June 2, 2010 – 11:31 am7 Comments

According to the NY Daily News, Swizz Beatz may still be on ex-wife Mashonda’s sh*t list, but it’s no longer because of money. Reportedly, Mashonda took Beatz to court early last month because of allegations the super producer was late in making alimony and child-support payments for their three-year-old son, Kasseem Jr., totaling $334,000. Since the official announcement over the weekend that Swizz Beatz is engaged to and expecting a baby with R&B songstress Alicia Keys, attorneys for Mashonda have revealed that the “Back of the Club” singer has received a check from her ex covering the amount of arrears.

Meanwhile, Beatz is freakishly giddy over his current situation with Keys. He told the Daily News:

“I’m super excited. People are calling me from Dubai and Japan. We haven’t set a wedding date, but we will. We’re just letting everything flow.”

Good for you Swizzy, but if you tried that “letting everything flow” in your relationship with Mashonda, something tells me you may want to take a different approach this time around.

• RE51 Hon* says:

happy for u swizzzy and alicia

• samantha says:

so so happy for swizz and alicia, they are both gonna be fantastic parents, i wish them all the best. congratulations.
    i hope that mashonda wont give them to much hassel from now on so they can enjoy the fact that they are gonna be having their baby and look forward to their wedding.x

• New Jordans says:

that whole situation is kind of crazy to me…how he just got divorced and already about to be married again..I kno alicia bad and all..but damn..lol

• Boss B says:

Nasty b*tch was with that man while he was married, absolutely NO LOVE for her !!

• shorty says:

I am so happy for alicia, finding real love is hard– and i think she finally found it. they look sooooo happy together. I had never heard of SB before he and alicia started dating–but i like him – he seems to be real cool and calm. I can’t help it –i love them two together. I feel the love they have for each other. Alicia is such a kind and giving person — she deserves true love. I hope they have a healthy baby- i am praying that they do. They are my number one couple — and i truly adore them. Good luck with the baby, wedding, and whatever it takes to kept you two happy.

Lots of love,
    shortie

• Xavier Audet says:

You made some clear points there. I did a search on the subject matter and found most people will approve with your site.

• swizz beatz says:

I like what you guys are usually up too. This type of clever work and exposure!
    Keep up the wonderful works guys I’ve included you guys to our blogroll.