Home » Games

E3 Revealed: Xbox 360 Slim & “Kinect”

Submitted by on June 14, 2010 – 5:23 pm11 Comments

The new Xbox 360 Slim is revealed and it’s way better equipped than its predecessor, as it should be. It’s smaller, sleeker, but more importantly, it’s quieter. Its got a built-in WiFi-N and a beefed up hard drive of 250GB. Too bad no Blu-ray for you Blu-ray lovers. It’s currently being shipped out and will be available to the public by the end of the week for $299.

Project Natal is now officially known as “Kinect” and will be released in the U.S. this fall on November 4. If you’re not familiar with the hype, it’s a motion-sensor controller for Xbox 360 with skeleton tracking. It reads your physical gestures and motions, and translates them into control movements. You can navigate the dashboard by waving your hands around. It also supports voice control so you can say things like, “Xbox Play.” Fifteen titles will be available at launch.

While Kinect is geared towards games requiring physical activity, you can still play other games with a regular controller like Call of Duty. Speaking of which, all map packs for COD in 2010, 2011 and 2012 will launch for Xbox 360 first. More of a reason why you should convert to an Xboxer.

Check out this demo from the E3 2010:

• E3 Revealed: Xbox 360 Slim & ?Kinect?…

I found your entry interesting do I’ve added a Trackback to it on my weblog :)

• nnyc says:

TOTALLY NEED THE KINECT….

• :noogular says:

Saw the preview of the new console on XBox Live…pretty sick. I’m hoping that my boyfriend and I are able to get it soon!

• Tu Kai says:

Sickkkkkkkk! I need to get one of those ASAP! Yea, the only thing missing is a Blu-Ray player… but it matches all my other components in my entertainment system, so its a must! Good job!

• Lil Rob says:

I guess it’s cool if you’re a hardcore gamer, but for someone like me who isn’t a video game freak it seems like it would be a waste of money. I don’t see anything ‘special’ about it.

• yomomma says:

Now… all they need to do is, offer Xbox Live for FREE!

• Craig Reyna says:

cant wait for the slim. itll be the 3rd xbox lol.

• raitheslacker says:

Awesome article! I am definitely going to buy 2 of these.

• misterdega says:

I cant wait for this to come out. I still have a first gen that is still alive. but i want the new hotness!

• Ok so hold up, she’s the expert but she doesn’t know that the RGB camera stands for? RGB stands for Red Green Blue.

• reggin says:

old technology just rewraped for sale. Kinect is a stolen version of the wii wireless controller. Not that impressed. Move on.