Men: Ditch Your Baggy Denim Shorts For These

Submitted by on July 15, 2010 – 11:34 am9 Comments

As seen on stylish men everywhere this summer, a slimmer, cleaner and shorter denim short is replacing the baggy, over-sized style.

Pharrell gets it right in the image above.

Also, whereas women were typically known to rock the cut-off look, this style has translated to menswear.  Fellas, have you caught on to this trend, or do you still prefer these?

Bubba Sparxx

If you dig it, check out our do-it-yourself guide:

D.I.Y. STEPS:

1. Cop a pair of straight to skinny fit jeans (depending on your preference), or just pluck an old pair from your closet.

2. Put them on, and make a small line where you want to cut (make them fall just above the knees, or just below if you plan to cuff them)

3. Take them off, put a ruler on them and draw a straight line across both legs with a marker.

4. Cut away!

5.. Throw them in the washing machine for a naturally frayed look.

You’re good to go! If you can’t be bothered to do this minimal labor, go on and buy yourself a pair:

Brooklyn Short by Taverniti

• theTRUTH says:

Ummmmm… No. I perfer somewhere in the middle. I’m a grown man, no skinny jeans, no tights, no night gown/ dress looking shorts either.

• Dave says:

Well, not everybody in this world is so skinny, I don’t even see myself rocking what Pharrell’s wearing…..I know skinny shorts are “in” right now, but its not my cup of tea as we speak. Im still keepin’ my baggy jean shorts, no matter what else says. PERIOD!!

• cowboyrichkraq says:

thats right hell no.

• Rick Lexington says:

Hell to the wtfbbqshakakahn no. Aside from me having skinny calves, I cannot see me doing skinny jean shorts. Or shit that show my knees lol. On a good note, atleast their nots will somehow get air conditioning.

OK, what telletubby did bubba sparx jack to get that hoodie?

Oh yeah I still gots love for the cuteness that is kiki.

• I was just about to ask you if you were really going in on Kiki! You and I BOTH know you would let her style you up – even in skinny denim shorts – if she wanted to…

• Rick Lexington says:

Hmmm I’d haft to think about it. But I’ve been able to distract girls enough so I wouldn’t haft to rock a pink shirt. I think I’d be able to get kiki from getting me into skinny jean shorts. Unless she looked me directly in the eyes or smiled at me. Well it’d be a fight, due to her cutness and personality.

But till this trend ends, I think I shall stay away from jockin kiki.

• kevin says:

honestly i like the skinny cut offs i aint skinny but i would wear it. someone tell bubba sparxx that what he has on doesnt look good

• [...] Men—Ditch Your Baggy Denim Shorts For These… | DrJays.com Live | Fashion. Music. Lifestyle [...]

• Betty says:

I came to your page and noticed you could have a lot more traffic. I have found that the key to running a popular website is making sure the visitors you are getting are interested in your subject matter. There is a company that you can get traffic from and they let you try their service for free. I managed to get over 300 targeted visitors to day to my site. Check it out here: http://is.gd/qINWgK