Home » Society

Black Mother Gives Birth To White Baby

Submitted by on July 20, 2010 – 3:01 pm13 Comments

The stunned black dad of a newborn, white, baby girl declared yesterday—“I’m sure she’s my kid…I just don’t know why she’s blonde.”

British Nmachi Ihegboro has amazed genetics experts who say the little girl is NOT an albino.

Dad Ben, 44, a customer services adviser, admitted: “We both just sat there after the birth staring at her.”

Mum Angela, 35, of Woolwich, South London, beamed as she said: “She’s beautiful—a miracle baby.”

Ben told yesterday how he was so shocked when Nmachi was born, he even joked: “Is she MINE?”

He added: “Actually, the first thing I did was look at her and say, ‘What the flip?’”

But as the baby’s older brother and sister—both black—crowded round the “little miracle” at their home in South London, Ben declared: “Of course she’s mine.”

Blue-eyed blonde Nmachi, whose name means “Beauty of God” in the Nigerian couple’s homeland, has baffled genetics experts because neither Ben nor wife Angela have any mixed-race family history.

Pale genes skipping generations before cropping up again could have explained the baby’s appearance.

Ben also stressed: “My wife is true to me. Even if she hadn’t been, the baby still wouldn’t look like that.

“We both just sat there after the birth staring at her for ages—not saying anything.”

Doctors at Queen Mary’s Hospital in Sidcup—where Angela, from nearby Woolwich, gave birth—have told the parents Nmachi is definitely no albino.

Ben, who came to Britain with his wife five years ago and works for South Eastern Trains, said: “She doesn’t look like an albino child anyway—not like the ones I’ve seen back in Nigeria or in books. She just looks like a healthy white baby.”

He went on: “My mum is a black Nigerian although she has a bit fairer skin than mine.

“But we don’t know of any white ancestry. We wondered if it was a genetic twist.

“But even then, what is with the long curly blonde hair?”

CHECK OUT THE VIDEO HERE

Professor Bryan Sykes, head of Human Genetics at Oxford University and Britain’s leading expert, yesterday called the birth “extraordinary.”

He said: “In mixed race humans, the lighter variant of skin tone may come out in a child—and this can sometimes be startlingly different to the skin of the parents.

“This might be the case where there is a lot of genetic mixing, as in Afro-Caribbean populations. But in Nigeria there is little mixing.”

Prof Sykes said BOTH parents would have needed “some form of white ancestry” for a pale version of their genes to be passed on.

But he added: “The hair is extremely unusual. Even many blonde children don’t have blonde hair like this at birth.”

The expert said some unknown mutation was the most likely explanation.

He admitted: “The rules of genetics are complex and we still don’t understand what happens in many cases.”

The amazing birth comes five years after Kylie Hodgson became mum to twin daughters—one white and the other black— in Nottingham.

Kylie, now 23, and her partner Remi Horder, now 21, are both mixed race.

Even so the odds were estimated at a million to one.

The Sun told in 2002 how a white couple had Asian twins after a sperm mix-up by a fertility clinic.

Yesterday three-day-old Nmachi’s churchgoing mum Angela admitted that she was “speechless” at first seeing her baby girl, who was delivered in a caesarean op.

She said: “I thought, ‘What is this little doll?’

“She’s beautiful and I love her. Her colour doesn’t matter. She’s a miracle baby.

“But still, what on earth happened here?”

Her husband told how their son Chisom, four, was even more confused than them by his new sister.

Ben said: “Our other daughter Dumebi is only two so she’s too young to understand.

“But our boy keeps coming to look at his sister and then sits down looking puzzled.

“We’re a black family. Suddenly he has a white sister.”

Ben continued: “Of course, we are baffled too and want to know what’s happened. But we understand life is very strange.

“All that matters is that she’s healthy and that we love her. She’s a proud British Nigerian.”

Queen Mary’s Hospital said: “Congratulations to Angela and her family on the birth of their daughter.”

Courtesy: The Sun

• RIO BORN V.A. RAISED says:

SIMPLY AMAZING THATS ALL I CAN SAY CONGRATS TO THEM BOTH FOR DEFYING GENETIC LAWS

• Mary says:

CONGRATS! Little girl is lucky to have been born to such a loving, caring family. But if you look closely the little girl DOES have the parents’ physiognomy….Great family and all the best from CANADA

• sachin says:

Congratulations mom and dad u r the world’s amazing parents ond congrats to little girl tooooo.from INDIA

• mana says:

aaaa wow how many time we have to tell you that we are your parents so you can know and believe also show your respect to your parents (us black race because it’s always that parents never forget his or her children and tell to her children that YOU ARE MY CHILDREN but to the children they always told whom are their parents )and because we did something that were against you so there then our FATHER desired to punished us to go naked in front you so you learn a lessons to us and realsed that his the one who creaded us all and not separated but one through who are THE TRUTH,THE LIGHT,AND THE ONLY WAY.So stop being ignorents etc…and about this kid she is not the first but you were,and they still other of your family that are born in the continent now but because of what you did and still doing it they are not live even one day so whoever is reading this just know they were two people who were created by someone who is also something and there is where everything were bagen but those the first were black people who are today called money etc…thanks DR.CONGO in US.

• Unable to get the contract and also to accomplish all
    reparations. By using the RenTecDirect property management group
    Software, property owners may decide to rent out your property,
    advertisement, finding ideal tenants, collection of rents and also smooth handover from
    one tenant to another. The costs of hiring a
    professional property management group company to verify the
    study’s results include contracting Leger Marketing to conduct the business of
    helping tenants aren’t surprised by the findings.

Also visit my blog post: bathroom remodel design [http://www.blinkaroundtheworld.com/users/RogelioMi]

• noritz says:

A typical pregnancy costs about $7, 000, then he would have to part with 1280 USD a year as settlement
    of Mississippi auto insurance premiums. Therefore, it may car insurance 40 a month be impossible to
    insure unless you can afford. Having a basic understanding of
    terms commonly used in homeowners insurance policies do not usually cover home-based business losses.
    Most homeowner policies and automobile policies.

• Your method of telling all in this piece of writing is truly
    fastidious, all be capable of easily be aware of it,
    Thanks a lot.

Also visit my web-site; 専営店 トレンチコート 上品

• Frederick says:

Admiring the hard work you put into your blog and in depth information you present.
    It’s awesome to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the same old rehashed information.
    Fantastic read! I’ve saved your site and I’m adding your RSS feeds to my Google account.

my website :: on bing, Frederick,

• Its such as you read my mind! You appear to understand a lot approximately this, such as you wrote the e book in it or something.
    I believe that you simply could do with some percent to power the message
    home a bit, but other than that, this is fantastic blog.
    An excellent read. I’ll definitely be back.

• Judi says:

I could not refrain from commenting. Very well written!

my web page … sagging breast, Judi,

• Susana says:

When I originally commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox
    and now each time a comment is added I get four emails with the same comment.
    Is there any way you can remove people from that service?
    Cheers!

Check out my page – property valuers normally, Susana,

• Tom says:

I went to school with a girl who was born to a black mother and father. She had fair, white skin and blond hair just like this baby. She had very poor eye sight and she told me it was related to the reason why she had blond hair and white skin… I hope the little girl in this story is 100% healthy… Nice looking family!