Home » Live @ Suite 19, Sounds, Spotlight

Live @ Suite 19: Brutha Gets Naked—And Sings, Too!

Submitted by on August 30, 2010 – 9:50 am8 Comments

Last Friday I had a flashback.

Seriously.

All of a sudden I was back in high school pining over the flavor of the month, yearning for him to recognize me and dreaming of him as I played 1990s R&B love songs on repeat. Yes, it was all very Judy Blume but the “love”—however juvenile it now seems—was real back then. So when Brutha, the five-man boy band from Los Angeles graced our offices with a live rendition of Jodeci’s “Freek ‘N You,” I couldn’t help but crush out. Holy hotness. This group Brutha is working it out, taking R&B back to its naughty 90s heyday. I was in a pubescent hormone haze when Brutha blessed us with “Can’t Get Enough,” another single from their mixtape, Destination: Short Stay.

Not to objectify this crew—their upcoming album, Vacancy (Def Jam) is coming soon—but these men are on-point. Not an uggo or off-tone element to the bunch. I could go on and on, but the real proof is in the video. Things start to get freaky around 3:22. Just remember—we didn’t ask them to strip. The nakedness was given of their own accord.

Check out a full photo shoot gallery and video below.

Find “Freek N U” and “Can’t Get Enough” on Brutha’s latest mixtape, Destination: Short Stay. Download it here.

• Kizzy says:

These…pictures….are…..HOT! I’m about to be late for work looking at these but hey Brutha’s worth it! Every new thing they do keeps me EXCITED for Vacancy! ;-) Vacancy Coming Soon!

*I Am My Brutha’s Keeper*

• rae says:

damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn they are fine!!! Ladies_ what more can we ak for they can sing and they are fine? I can’t wait until they release vacancy, I’m def goin to buy one for the crib, both cars and job.
    **Touched by a BruthasAngel**

• Mz Peachez says:

Look at Jake looking all grown and sexy! JR shoe game is mean….I’m lovin them white & blue joints!! I really like these pics guys…All of you look HAWT!! *HUGS*

• kezzy says:

OMGG THEY ARE SO FREAKY HOTTT!!I LOVE BRUTHA SO MUCH. I CANT WAIT UNTIL THE VACANCY ALBUM COMES OUT!!
    VACANCY COMING SOON!!!!!

*TOUCHED BY A BRUTHASANGEL*

• Lydia says:

i am loving this pics.. Brutha is to sexy! :)

*Brutha Team was here*

• Lydia says:

i am loving these pics.. Brutha is to sexy! :)

*Brutha Team was here*

• Kiara says:

Look at Those BEAUTIFUL TALENTED AMAZING brothers… THANK GOD for putting them on this earth…. FEENING for VACANCY cant wait…

VACANCY COMING SOON
    {Request CANT GET ENOUGH at ur local RADIO STATIONS} TXT Bru to 79922

**Touched By A BruthasAngel**

• TEAM CHEYENNE!!! says:

They can sing an their super hot i mean what more can a woman ask for in a man!! geeez, I LUV BRUTHA!!!! The pictures are down right mouth watering,lol..VACANCY COMING SOON!