Home » Gossip

Are Tranny Groupies Hip-Hop’s Latest Trend?

Submitted by on October 4, 2010 – 11:23 am12 Comments

Another transsexual scandal with St. Louis rapper Chingy is dominating headlines in the hip-hop world. This time, the transsexual in question goes by the name of Sidney Star, a self-described hip-hop dancer and aspiring actress from Chicago, IL. It boggles the mind how Chingy could find himself in this situation again, but it’s not a total shock to me.

Nearly two years ago, news of Chingy’s involvement with a transsexual rapper called Foxxjazell broke on my radio show, Street Disciplez Radio. I originally heard about Foxx through a friend who hosts a popular radio show that caters to the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community and I booked her for our show, totally unaware of how many headlines it would make in the hip-hop world.

During the interview, Foxx was incredibly forthcoming. In the days that followed, many opinions concerning the validity of her story were formulated. Some hypothesized she did it to gain fame, but in the midst of the media circus that followed, I spoke to Foxx and she revealed to me how numerous media personalities had contacted her team to offer her a much larger platform to tell her story. As of today, she’s declined to take anyone up on the offer. Foxx was already a celebrity in the LGBT community by the time she appeared on our show (her videos are a fixture on the Logo channel and Qtube) and was earning mainstream recognition thanks to an appearance on The Tyra Show and a feature in the August 2008 issue of XXL magazine. Most importantly, if she did it for the fame, just how far was using the former Disturbing Tha Peace recording artist’s name going to get her? Hell, I was more famous than Chingy when Foxx put him on blast.

As for those of you who accused my fellow Street Disciplez Radio hosts and I of making up the story to generate publicity for the show, we don’t need any help in that area. We’re a damn good show, and we’ve consistently made headlines for breaking some of the most talked about stories in hip-hop, and absolutely none of them had anything to do with Chingy and his little tranny problem. And chile, truth be told, if we really wanted to, we could have rode that scandalous wave into notoriety; do you know how many trannys willing to “spill the tea” on your favorite rappers reached out to us after Foxxjazell appeared on the show? Shut my mouth!

This brings me back to Sidney Star. In a recent interview with Bay Area DJ Big Von, Sidney, who some are calling “the Kat Stacks of the transgender world,” confirmed her rumored relationship with Chingy, and, not surprisingly, revealed he wasn’t the only celebrity she’s dated. She also expressed an interest in starring in a reality show, and hopefully, someone at VH1 is paying attention. I say put Sidney, Foxx, and Bow Wow’s rumored tranny on the same show and watch the ratings go through the roof! At the very least, it’d be a helluva lot more interesting and compelling than that Real and Chance bulls*it they’re currently airing. Anyway, check out the interview in its entirety in the video below:

• Mak says:

What kind of a scandal is it? Since when is being trans or having a relationship with a trans person a scandal? This post is pure bullshit. You wanna trash talk on people, go ahead, but to generate publicity merely because someone is dating a trans person is just plain weak. Grow the fuck up.

• Gauge says:

Well said Mak. ;)

• shane says:

Yeah your right, your show is so damn successful and good you got 2 comments on this piece of shit article.

• magusat999 says:

All I have to ask is why you keep calling him “her”? Doctors don’t make women, God makes women. One of the basic physical functions of a woman is childbirth, even science cannot say that they have ever created a creature from a man that could produce a child – so how is that a woman. It’s just a man that looks like a woman, and it’s an abomination for people like you, who are influencing the public, to call these effeminate men females by any stretch of the imagination. Basically, Chingy likes dudes in dresses – and that’s what the reality is. Maybe he likes to “toot in in the booty” but he thinks he can fool people by hooking up with female looking guys.

• Queen says:

magusat999, learn the difference between gender and sex. Sex is biological and genetic. Gender is a social construct and has to do with how a person identifies. Since Sidney identifies and lives as female, it makes sense to use female pronouns. It is rude to use male pronouns for someone who doesn’t identify as male. Also, there are intersexed people out there who are genetically male, but look and identify as female. I’m sure you would not call such a person “he.”

And if you are going to bring up God, remember that your God doesn’t want you to be judging people, so quit doing that.

Finally, and by your logic, a woman who can’t get pregnant is not biologically/genetically female. Wrong.

Educate yourself and try to keep and open mind. Do not talk about things you don’t understand.

• Corner Religious,behind assumption feature guest history responsibility leave have person lot area share publication yourself want tradition bank university refuse soldier sky experience victory officer enemy effort feeling exercise ride person solicitor stuff maybe extent belong garden proposal control happen curriculum these admit more display pay write indeed firm part criticism sign parliament driver boat opposition farmer slip refuse principle plenty succeed risk left distribution safety spot alternative all eat vote join funny past particular appearance open treatment continue inside lunch to round show desk

• Does your website have a contact page? I’m having trouble locating it but, I’d like to send you an e-mail. I’ve got some ideas for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great blog and I look forward to seeing it grow over time.

• cieaura says:

This design is spectacular! You most certainly know how to keep a reader amused. Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost…HaHa!) Excellent job. I really enjoyed what you had to say, and more than that, how you presented it. Too cool!

• Rob Rasner says:

Wow that was strange. I just wrote an really long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn’t appear. Grrrr… well I’m not writing all that over again. Anyhow, just wanted to say wonderful blog!

• naturally like your web site but you need to take a look at the spelling on quite a few of your posts. A number of them are rife with spelling issues and I to find it very troublesome to inform the truth nevertheless I will definitely come again again.

• Aw, this was a really nice post. In thought I would like to write like this – taking time and precise effort to make an excellent article is very rare…

• Mad says:

I really like what you guys are usually up too. This type of clever work and coverage! Keep up the wonderful works guys I’ve added you guys to blogroll.